Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I've had to put this down as it has consumed my work productivity and battery life on phone.

Cloud saves to transfer between devices, bullet points to give you a direction of what to do while exploring, gives it a linear feel in a world that is open and endless. I can not stress that if you have been wanting to show off a game on the iPad Air using metal graphics, this is it. The cut scenes from day to night and vice versa really give a true life experience, I even woke up to fog on the island onetime.

The controls to me, are exactly what I expected, loose enough to have to re adjust sometimes but I haven't had a problem targeting anything, even with my 5s. It is touch controls, and j have large hands, so it might be a problem for some, but not a deal breaker with all of the other positives of this game.

On a week with excellent releases, I can't stress how highly I recommend this game.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

It's a special kind of pea-pineapple. :)

3. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I've tried it on my 4 first then my 4s and no dice on either I'll try the airplane next tho...

4. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I kinda like the chance of dying easily, makes it feel more survival-y, I make up words. I tend to stay safe early on, the beach area is good till I get off work, the woods look scary :). If you can find the bow and arrow, it really helps to snipe those pesky wolves

5. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Still no dice can't play even in airplane mode and after a restart... :( first exiles now this ...

6. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Oh, I have no complaints about the difficulty in what I've managed to play so far. Dying doesn't mean much and you can go back and pick up whatever you were holding relatively easily - at least when you've got a respawn point nearby. It's just amusing how it's more of a "game" than a REALISTIC SURVIVAL SIMULATOR sometimes, that's all. I have no problem with either - I have The Forest and The Long Dark on PC, I like Minecraft-style things like Junk Jack, Terraria etc., both sorts of game are fun. Just makes me smile.

7. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    It walnt even launch :(

8. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    Sounds like a device issue.

I have also died a few time due to bleeding out. I need to find some leaves! Also, having a tough time finding basic stone. I guess I should leave the comfort of my beach house, yeah? :)

9. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    It said ios 7 was supported is there no hope for my poor iPhone 4?if not the devs need to say so to save others from my fate...

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I doubt it. Iphone 4s sounds like it might struggle but iphone 4 isnt even mentioned in the spec for this.

11. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
  12. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    There's a bunch of basic resources around the starting location - there's a rock on the beach and quite a few up in the hills nearby, as long as you're prepared to take your pickaxe to a few wolves as well. Everything seems to respawn pretty much every day. It's bushes and plants I'm having a little more difficulty with, though I've seen one or two.

13. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Your device is 5 years old. You shouldn't be surprised.

14. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Walnt run on my 4s either...

15. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    iPhone 4 is not supported. We're looking into it, maybe we can get it to run. Sorry, we forgot to mention on the page :(
    iPhone 4s is supported, it should run. I've just installed it and it's ok.

16. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    It will not run on my 4 or 4s I have relaunched the 4s and tried with the phone in airplane mode but no dice, keep up the good work however from what I see and hear this game is really cool...

17. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #117 Endscrypt, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Thanx a lot for the info bro, I'm in the club!
    P.s love your pics, got me even more excited about this game #

18. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    So this is a death sentence for all other iOS Rust-likes, right?

19. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    "The wild"has got a competitor...especially if this game becomes succesful and will continue receiving updates,it will crush "The wild" and toonuva will have to do something more original.

But on the other hand there is "Barren roads"but it is more of a dayZ kind of a game so it cannot be compared to RI or TW.

20. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    More feedback:
    All the threats in this game can see you from like a mile away and it takes so long to lose them. There isn't any point in fighting them seeing as how I only have a pick axe. I was climbing on a hill, I can see a zombie which looks like it is at least two or more football fields away. Somehow it sees me and starts chasing me. The need to have some kind of sight lines or something. Zombies are supposed to have bad eyesight. All the animals can sensuous or something as they don't even have to see you to start chasing you. I think what is happening is every enemy has a giant circle around it and if you step inside that they will chase you. Well that is what it feels like anyway. This game has so much promise I just hope you guys can tweak it a bit. And I also am having the overheat issue on my iPhone 6. The game just guzzles battery.