Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    After you beat the game, you can still play forever and I believe you will be able to teleport to other players' worlds.

2. Jdawg1993

Jdawg1993 New Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Help

These clouds are bs is the only way to defend against them is to run?! I just started the second island and got established there and now it's time to take down the first tower however there are 2 fire clouds floating around the tower and every time I get close to the entrance they chase me out and I run home. Since they destroy my armor there's no way to attack the tower with no armor and I can't risk it b/c I only have 1 more set of strong armor that is very hard to craft and come by. I mean it takes almost 14-16 croc skins for a full set of strong armor and crocs only drop their skins every now and then. and also if someone knows what the different colored clouds do. I know the red fire one destroys your armor but I've never go hit by the black one. I mean if all I can do is run then that's an issue b/c having an enemy you can't hurt or destroy is ridiculous but there's no sense in shooting at them and wasting bullets.

3. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Just type in Google "radiation island - wiki" , these clouds are called anomalies,you'll find a whole page dedicated to them on radiation island's wiki.

4. Jdawg1993

Jdawg1993 New Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Building

Another thing, when building your own house how do you add an upper floor with stairs. I put down the foundation and 4 walls then try and add the upper floor build on top of that and it shows red I feel like I'm missing a step help?!?

5. Leo281993

Leo281993 Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Pickup bed and other placeable objects?

Hey guys, I just started playing this awesome game. There's one thing I need to know though: Can you pick up beds? I found a bed in a small hut near the coast where you begin the game and I was hoping I could move it to another location? Is this possible or am I supposed to craft a new one every time; wool is not easy to find.

6. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a Mfi controller but the look around doesn't seem to work. The right analog stick does nothing.

7. Dueler

Dueler Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    For anyone wondering, yes the games worth it for the current discounted price. Getting off the first island is the furthest I've gotten and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it

8. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    What? For The Current Price,€0,99? This Game worth 4 Times it's Fulll Price,at Full Price €2,99 it's a Steal,really,if the developers from start was asking 7,8 bucks,no problem.it push iOS to it's limits,so many thing to craft,animal hunting,militare Bases,free Roaming,secrets,the game it's polished,support MFI controller,then after beat the game you unlock Multiplayer..this game deserve more Imo.

9. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Radiation Island (AAA title)

I just bought the game, and I must say that it's spectacular and a great achievement in mobile gaming history! The game truly is all about survival and mystery, which prevents me from putting down my iPad for hours on end! Another thing to mention is the pure scope of the game, the island is HUGE, and it truly feels open-world, which is so awesome! You can pretty much do as you please and go anywhere you want as long as you're thoroughly prepared. I guess the devs of the unreleased "The Wild" game were also blown away by what this game has accomplished, thus causing them to either forfeit the project or re-think everything. After playing Radiation Island, I really have no inclination to play any other survival game of this magnitude; this game is my fix. ;)

BTW, I just recently (after literally days of playing the game) made it to another transport point....as I walked towards the Tesla tower, I started noticing the environment getting distorted a bit, and then I see the white skeleton hand icon on the top-left of the screen; thinking it was just another zombie like the previous ones I encountered beforehand (slow walking zombie and charging katana-equipped zombie), I decided to continue walking..........the eerie music plays, and all of a sudden I see this hare being chased down by a zombie that I've never seen before! This zombie was FAST, and moved like a predator that hasn't had a meal in ages; its body also looked more deformed than the other zombies that I encountered! That scared the hell out of me, so I turned around and backed off hoping that it didn't notice my presence (and as we all know, the creatures in this game can sense you from distances afar)......luckily, its focus stayed on the doomed hare, and I got away! I'm preparing myself both physically and mentally for the next time I go there...I think I'll take the canoe 'round the area first so I can observe that zombie's behavior before engaging it directly.

10. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    Can anyone confirm if the data loss bug is still affecting people in iOS 10?

11. JudasKain

JudasKain Active Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Got the game recently and on the 2nd island already.

I'm playing on an iPad air2 and I'm noticing major slow down whenever I face the bases with lots of zombies. Any way to fix this? If I turn away the game proceeds normally but as soon as I face the base again it's mega slow and choppy.

Can't find any graphics options anywhere and frankly I'm surprised air2 can't handle this.

12. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    That's strange, I also have an iPad Air 2, and I haven't run into such framerate issues; the game runs 60fps most of the time. What iOS are you using? I'm on iOS 8.x.

13. JudasKain

JudasKain Active Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Ok... so I'm on os 10.0.2 ... gawd is it the iOS? What to do?

14. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    iPhone 6 Plus here,iOS 8.3 and Run 60Fps,It's Smooth Without any lag or anything else in All 3 Islands.

15. Cadburyseclairs

Cadburyseclairs New Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Questions about Tesla towers

Hi everyone! I was just wondering about later in the game. If i disabled all the tesla towers on a island, will it be free of zombies or aggressive animals? This is because everytime i go exploring or looking for hidden, underground loot, i always bump into some creatures that either kill me or break bones and cause bleeding. I dont have much medicine, so just wondering if I destroyed the towers on the first island, what does it do and what happens after their destroyed?

Also, just wondering, is the first island's tesla towers hard? Will it be hoarded with zombies?
    :( :confused:

16. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    How the hell do I cook in the furnace?? This game needs better tutorial idk wtf I'm supposed to use and I was so looking forward to finally playing this sense it released

17. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
  18. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    This one won't survive the culling, will it?

19. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #919 mastery51, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Yeah, unfortunately I don't think it will be updated anymore, based on twitter.

However, this post looks interesting. I don't know exactly what this is but could it be Radiation Island 2 minus the island?
    Not much information to go by yet. It could be a totally different type of game or for a different platform.
    Time will tell I guess. What do you guys think? :confused:
    https://twitter.com/AtypicalGames/status/882576235574034432

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow if thats an IOS game thats pretty awesome.