Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Does anyone know when we'll see another update, or added/enhanced features?

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Update is out with "third person mode" and "a new set of craft-able building components:build your own houses and structures"

Sadly,no new weapons :(

3. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Yep. I also expected more...

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yep,definitely more,The Third Person perspective still an option,Right? The Game remain a FPV i tthink,all this time For Update only For this?

5. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    The update is nice, and I know this isnt a building simulation game but maybe more variety of furnishings such couches and nicer beds to make the houses more "homely" and original would be nice. New weapons and enemies would definitely be appreciated

6. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Please help!

I played the game for a while without problems and have shut down towers on two islands.
    I upgraded my backpack multiple times and had a lot of goods stored in various chests.

Just now, the game crashed.

After restart, ALL goods and ALL chests (that I crafted) are gone, also my backpack is back to one row and it's empty.

Dig sites I had already found are no longer checkmarked on the map.

However, my transit points are still there and the towers I shut down a re still down.
    As much as I like the game, I do not want to totally start over without anything.

Has this happened to somebody else and is there a way to get my stuff back?

7. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I can't load my cloud save. Anyone else? No way I'm starting over.

8. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I deinstalled it a while ago because of the broken MFI controller support....did they finally fixed it?The description doesn't mention it but it would be just weird to introduce a new view without fixing the old one. :rolleyes:

I would love to play it finally after all this months...

9. Jayboy720

Jayboy720 Member

May 7, 2014
    As well, is anyone having the *worst* time with these building mechanics? Floors and walls clicking into place but still apprearing red and unable to build for no clear reason? Being able to build a floor in the middle of the air with no way to get to it to break it down?

The system is cool but doesn't seem to work all that well = /

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ha ha really ?

Hope the dev doesnt do this and concentrates on weapons/enemies rather than a nice light shade or comfy sofas to add

Youre on an island inhabited by zombies, what do you want an Ikea delivery of some new chairs so the woodhut looks great ? ;)

11. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Anyone here who tried it with controller after the update?Does invert Y now work?

12. Jayboy720

Jayboy720 Member

May 7, 2014
    While I wouldn't request sofas, it could definitely use some actual indoor lightning. Having to set multiple campfires indoors each costing wood to use every time just to be able to see in my own home is a little ridiculous.

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Eh. That jump animation is ridiculous, but it works.

14. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    OG ipad mini supported?

15. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Yup I went in the game and try for you. The invert Y is working the way it should in current version.

16. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    thanks!

redownloading now...

17. TheNoobOfTheCentury

Aug 3, 2014
    To answer my own question, yes.

18. TheNoobOfTheCentury

Aug 3, 2014
    #898 TheNoobOfTheCentury, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Im still in the first island, but once I reach the 2nd island, will I be able to return back? Or do I get to go back once i beat the game? Or will I never be able to? Also, any way to move/delete furniture?

19. Jayboy720

Jayboy720 Member

May 7, 2014
    You can wander through islands freely, there's a bridge inbetween each, as far as I'm aware you need to go through the middle island to reach all the others though, someone can correct me if that's false. You can take a pick and destroy furniture, don't think you can reclaim it and move it though. You can however destroy and move walls/flooring/etc the same way.

Oh, you can return to an island whenever, but can only fast travel to points on the island you're currently in.

20. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Just started playing it. Pretty impressive they managed to put such game on a phone. Island is huge. Does game end or you just play forever like Minecraft?