Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Today's Posts

Today's Posts Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Bought without second thought!

2. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    same here, i bought every mac version of their games to support them, whats your apple ID for game center?:confused: never tried the multiplayer yet :confused:

Radiation Island - https://macappsto.re/hk/DUbd5.m

3. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Is it not possible to play this on a 4s? Jc, only says 4 and older not supported. Thnx!

4. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    It's says supported on iPad 2 and iPod touch 5 so it should work on the 4s. The phrase 4 and older means the 4s is supported since the iPhone 4s is newer than the iPhone 4.

5. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    wtf.. the OS X version couldn't restore the cloud save from iOS and the developer replied they would have it fixed within a month

6. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    This is the definition of "stealing a game".
    2.99$????? What the f****.
    I would happilly pay 20-30$ for this.
    Devs if you are reafing this get the price up. Your game is amazing come on!!!!!!!

7. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    So,after a while a wanted to dive into this game finally and tried the "invert Y" for my controller now...and it inverts the "X" axis instead...wtf:confused:

8. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    i know other people play also waited for an invert y axis option.Anybody else having this problem?Developer still active here?
    I would love to play it finally...

9. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    is it just meor this game is really a battery wrecker?
    it sucks the power outa my battery very fast on Iphone 6 plus

this game is very good though
    the price is just too cheap

10. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    i have the same feeling when i saw the price of Mac app store version of this game is the same as iOS version

11. stobbs27

stobbs27 New Member

Apr 23, 2015
  12. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    they still haven't fixed the mac version of this game yet and its still not able to sync my iOS progress to my mac

13. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #873 Endscrypt, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Read today on the Radation Island FB group they have put out an update for the game, didn't say what was in it, or when we get it, just waiting

14. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Here's the post, not as promising as I remembered at 8am this morning.

Attached Files:

15. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I bought this for my 5C. I'll see if I can get a refund. I may be a little exaggerated but the drop in frames and the inability to change graphics and performance settings aren't a well mix for me.

16. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    This game as been developer taking in Mind Metal=A7/A8 Devices,but,since it Compatible with iPhone 4s and Up,but i read about 15/20 fps on IPad mini 2,But i Think it's really important The Framerate in a Game Like this,have You try disinstall/reinstall? Or an hard Reset? No problem on iPhone 6 plus(it Run smooth) but i understand you're Point.a Graphich setting in-Game can help,i suggest You try all Before Ask a refund.it's really enjoyable Game.For 2.99€ it's a steal,i will pay more For a game Like this.

17. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    #877 Jakeopp, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Purchased this game the other day, the sound isn't working at all. Running it on a Retina iPad Mini. Is this a known issue?

edit: Nevermind, restarted my iPad and it seems to be working fine now

18. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Controller support still broken.

19. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    #879 DrlRage, Jun 18, 2015
    Disclaimer: I haven't read the entire thread to see if anyone has addressed this and I'm not making this post just to be negative. It's about my brief experience on Radiation Island. I think with some updates the game could a see a huge improvement being immersive.

First of all, making a game is an impressive feat in any regard. Congrats! I appreciate any effort to make games and you've went ahead and aimed for the mobile stars.

This may sound harsh but this game is disappointing in its current state and that could be mainly because of the high praise it's gotten for being this amazing game. I mean it was even being hailed as a mobile Farcry. A triple A experience!

Not to take everything away from it, because it has all the fixings to be a great gaming experience but the utter lack of polish is disturbing, again -- for all the hype it's got.
    As a FPS the graphics are okay, which I think is excusable if the content is good, but the physics are just awful which pulls me out of the game entirely from the get go. The character feels rigid and lifeless. I don't feel like I'm actually interacting with the environment. Just walking feels like I'm riding a very slow skateboard as there's no bounce in the movement, no fluidity.
    Gaming has come a long way, mobiles are powerful, VR is back. Please don't let this slide if it's a simple to do and it didn't come up as an issue. Address my simple gripe by putting a little work in the game's immersion. Let the character really interact with the environment and enhance the first person perspective. Look at what a mobile game like Fotonica did with just lines. Meanwhile I'll give it another go and see if I can get into it. Thx bye

20. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    #880 DrlRage, Jun 18, 2015
    I didn't realize the developer made those awesome dogfighting games.... They can definitely improve the game :p