Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Thats...brutal.

2. cnecula

cnecula Member

Jan 29, 2015
    #62 cnecula, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    trailer Radiation Island

3. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    I found one here:

4. igorgorina

igorgorina Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Game Impressions

Fired up this game on my ipad air. Found myself on an island, on the beach, in the sand, with wet feet and no dry towels.

Found an axe, went to cut down a tree. As I was cutting the tree, something started cutting me... Aha! a zombie, tree down, me down.

Died in the first 5 minutes. Respawned, went back to that tree and cut that zombie down for good, problem was that this time he had some buddies tagging along. So I ran and ran, and ran, and ran, until a crocodile ate me.

Defo best experience so far in a survivor game that is on my freaking ipad, haha..

Time to melt them batteries. :D

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Luckily, an endless mode will be added soon. :)

6. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I've only tried like half an hour or so running around on the starting beach going into the first few buildings, chopping down trees etc., but so far this is pretty promising, IMO. Obviously it looks nothing like as good on an iPod Touch, but it's still a pretty game even in blurry low-res textures, and it... seems to be running reasonably well? Playable, certainly. I don't want to make it sound like it's something it's not but Atypical definitely know how to push even very old tech. Maybe it turns into a slideshow later on, but I'm happy to keep going for now.

7. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I'm only a little of the way in, but this is what I've wanted for my new iPad Air 2, it is flat out GORGEOUS on the air

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  9. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Really, really promising game. I haven't really gotten further then messing around the beach. Shooting wolves with a bow mostly.

Anyway, I really think the controls need to be tighter. The movement is very "loose" right now, so your dude kinda skids around a bit, which makes it really hard, and annoying, to traverse buildings etc. That's the only critiscm I have at the moment, and would love for it to be tightened up a bit.

10. MarleySage

MarleySage Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Just to let everyone know, MFi works but navigating menus is impossible

11. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    That seems to be the case in all the games I have played with MFi

12. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    There seems to be no dead zone in the middle of the virtual stick at all. So when you slow down it can end up feeling like you're sliding around because it's nearly impossible to stop moving without actually lifting the finger.

That said it's not actually giving me any trouble, especially since I found out that I can tap animals/enemies to make my character run after them automatically.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yes, tapping on a creature actives a lock-on feature, the cam will automatically hold it in your focus and by moving, you chase automatically after that creature. Whatever it is. Lock-on is also vital for your bow hunting.

14. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    Second gameplay trailer

15. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    @Gamingvideo: Nice video! Thanks for postin.

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Game Impressions

Playing it on 5s. It's a great game really nice graphics and seems like it will provide hours of gameplay. Initially it take some getting used to but I have found the controls are fine. It does warm up your phone and takes 1.4GB after download which is fine to by me but if you are tight for space that's a head's up. Can't wait to have more time later to play it more and get into it much deeper. First impressions are that this is well worth the 3 bucks I spent.

17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Works on iPad 4?

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Easy answer: anyone should free up that space for this game. If not, that person would miss a great game.

19. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    How does the game run, if at all, on an iPad mini 1st gen?