Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Ha I know how you feel, I was in hpthe same boat a few days ago. I'm still loving the game.

Here's some tips: find (or make one spawn with a fruit trap) a sheep and kill it to get fat, and make a torch. They make nighttime SO much easier, plus wolves won't attack you (other predators will though).
    Make a bow! In my opinion the bow is the best weapon after the machine gun. Don't use melee as you will start bleeding, or worse, break a bone.
    Once you get enough iron to make an iron axe you should do it as you can then mine titanium with it to make great pick axes and axes! If you have spare metal I would advise you to craft arrow heads to make arrows. One iron makes 5 arrows, whereas one fang only makes 1.
    Don't bother with the old gun, the bow does about the same damage and has a really good reload.
    I'd make a 'forward base' around the middle (but not on the little island because crocodiles and stuff) of the island so you don't have to walk all the way across the island to get to places.
    FYI 3 arrows will kill a bear, lion, or shamblimg zombie. Crawling zombies take 2.
    Once you get a furnace go apeshit on trees to get a bunch of wood, and punch them to get lots of sticks.
    You can make charcoal (ideal furnace fuel) by burning wood, but instead of wasting 2 wood for one charcoal, use one wood and one stick. Same result!
    Cook your meat instead of eating it raw- cooked meat fills 3/4 of your hunger bar!
    This is probably obvious but put all your leather towards the next backpack upgrade. Armor isn't that useful if you're ranged anyway.
    Whenever you plan to go somewhere, take a shovel and dig up chests along the way. They have some nifty stuff sometimes!
    It's pretty easy to duke zombies. One time I got chased by 20 katana zombies up 3 flights of stairs, and once I realised I couldn't go up further I just jumped back down onto the stairs and ran past any stragglers.
    Always bring bandages. Bleeding sucks. And take medicine for the virus while you're at it!

I hope this helped you :)

2. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Forgive me if this has been answere already but is there a way to invert the controls? I keep pushing the stick up to look down and vice versa.

3. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Invert controls is coming in the update that has already been submitted to Apple. :)

4. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Stack up on everything on island #1, two towers per run, hack ingredients for making bullets, no looting villages, go to houses to sleep. Thats a summary of how I did the last 2 islands and the middle island.

5. batmania

batmania Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    When you make it to a second island does your re-spawn point change to the new island?

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    i think your spawn point changes to the last place you slept.

7. henrado

henrado Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Best game everrrrrrr

8. henrado

henrado Member

Aug 20, 2014
    You should consider staying around the beach area at the beginning of the game until you have fully upgraded your back pack, have plenty of food (fish is good), torches for night time, and and have plenty of weapons. Hope this helps :)

9. a7mun7

a7mun7 New Member

Up top & bookmark Isu500.............................!!!

10. Krizzle1

Krizzle1 Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Thanks @Duivs, very helpful post mate ;)

Right gonna lose a few more hours in the game :D

11. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Ok after much praise I have a complaint. When there are several baddies coming at me from different directions, when I touch the auto target thing in the top left it will sometime spin me around so that my back is to the enemy. I can't figure out why it does that, there are never any bad guys where it points me.

Also I would like the devs to make that auto target thing point me at the CLOSEST enemy. So many time it aimsme at a distant enemy while a closer one if getting all up in my grill. It should choose enemies in the order of distance.

12. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Anyone know if this works on iPod 5 gen?

13. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #753 Neehan, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    Yep I'm addicted. Too bad that it crashes whenever I try to use the glider though.

Edit: Glider bug is just for MFi controllers. And yes that glider is sweet.

14. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    This!
    It's been bugging me too.

15. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    At the moment autoaim tries to look at the closest enemy to the center of your screen. So if you have a far away enemy that's somewhat in the center of the screen and another one that's closer but at your back, autoaim will look at the far one.

16. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I agree that it just gets way too dark at night! Ya can't see ANYTHING at all. I get that its supposed to be scary at night, but I basically feel blind when night falls.

17. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I don't get the complaints regarding the darkness of night in the game.
    You HAVE to make torches before venturing out at night, it's part of the challenge..
    Ever tried camping far away from a city? It's really, really dark at night, especially if it's a cloudy night.

18. Today's Posts

Today's Posts Member

Sep 24, 2012
    This!
    +1

19. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #759 Frumius, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    Lol! I know what you mean. Sometimes when night falls in the game while it's daylight here, I will crawl under a table, or close all the blinds and try to get it is dark as possible to see what's going on. I've gotten under a blanket just to see! If I'm playing at night, I might turn off all the lights when darkness falls in the game.

A MOON periodically would be GREAT, but otherwise coping with the darkness is part of the challenge. Try running from grizzlies and Tigers along a knife edge ridge line in the dark! Aiieeeeeeeee!

20. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Hey devs, mind telling us about some upcoming plans and updates? Without spoiling too much :p