Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. checkmate

checkmate Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Well darn, it doesn't work for me? Am I the only one having issues? Did anyone have trouble and figure it out? I have an iPhone 6 and iPad 3. Please help!

2. Today's Posts

Today's Posts Member

Sep 24, 2012
    About the different maps: That picture seems to shows the bottom island.

From the four islands your picture seems to show the top right island

SPOILER:
    On Endscrypt's map there is a converter right next to the yet unexplored top right cabin. No radiation, no zombies, there

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I was just thinking about that after posting. I assumed by the way Steve9422 was talking, that he was on the first island. (the one you start the game on) But now I'm thinking that he is on another island, and that's why the map is different.

4. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Icloud also not working for me.
    I play on ipad air and i can push my save to the cloud. But everytime i want to load it, the complete game crashes and the app is closed.

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    What's the point of antiviral pills if you have that bottled medicine?

6. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #726 Frumius, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    This is your lucky day! I wrote an "Early Success" tutorial, and it's at the Radiation Island Wiki site: http://radiationisland.wikia.com/wiki/Radiation_Island:_Early_Success
    And it happens to discuss the Iron Axe in particular!

That Wiki site has other good info. So does this forum thread, but you have to read every page to find it.
    The Industrial Axe that you can find or that zombies drop is THE BEST Axe. You get 3 Wood per chop, 3 Sulphur per chop, etc. You only get 1 per chop with the Iron Ax, and sometimes a chop gives nothing. The Titanium Axe (mine Titanium Ore and throw it in your Furnace with some wood) is intermediate between the two.

The Rifle seems to be a little stronger, but not enough to make it my preferred weapon for my own maximum safety. This is because the machine gun reload time is, well, like a machine gun's. You can get yourself out of those mass Zombie problems much more easily with it.

You know you can collect crystals, right? You'll find "Crystal Converters" where you can convert them into raw materials that you can use to craft things: Make Lead, Coal, and Sulphur so you can craft your ammunition, make other raw materials as needed.

7. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Do you know where i can get crystals from?

8. jedeye sniv

jedeye sniv Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Zombies have quite a lot of them and I'm always finding them on the beach in the mornings

9. Red_saaryn

Red_saaryn Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Writer
    I was wondering on the story log says about not using cars or other automobiles because the magnetic energy ruining all that is why the delta wing but why are tons of scrapped cars and planes on the bases? Also i was walking having fun and all and suddenly a big ass turtle zombie appeared i ran, he could destroy trees just by touching them but when i entered on my house that improvised made house those superiority and big assity went down because he couldn't even enter in the yarn ^^ how lucky is there any way to developers could make an arena with horde mode cooperative in the multiplayer? ^^

Attached Files:

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #730 Gwarmaxx, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    yeahh i agree, and would add that it brings me back to the days of the glorious OPERATION FLASHPOINT... any of you has played it?
    imo, one of the best PC game ever, maybe the best soldier sim of all times!!!

i can remember taking a Jeep or a UAZ, make miles over miles uphill through the island, stop in the middle of a road when the sun is almost down on the horizon, get out of the car and sit in the asphalt to smoke a cigarette... and remember also a mission in which i had to return to the HQ, in the middle of the night, finding the way looking at the stars position in the sky vault.

so real and genuine Op Flashpoint was... like this one, in many aspects.
    would love to have it on iOS! :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjdCWCjb_Lw

11. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    Sometimes zombies will drop them, and sometimes you just find them lying around. Pretty sure they're never in crates that you find.

I found an offshore place, a small fortress on a little island just off the coast of... I think the Northeast Radial Island, and the fortress had tons of crystals in it. In fact, you 'd pick up a crystal and there'd be another one there, pick it up and there's another in the same spot, until you'd picked up a few. Then they had a handy Teleport field right t here that took me to nearby spot with another collection of crystals. I think it was three spots that had these crystal collections, each with a teleport that took you over to one of the other spots. I went around and around through that until I'd collected a ton of them.

But that was unusual. Normally, a zombie will drop one. I think maybe the clouds of black swirling shapes might drop them, too. I kept finding them in a place where a few of those clouds were traveling around on what seemed to be a repeated pattern. Btw, don't let those clouds get on you. They'll tear up your clothes, and tear them away. And then keel you.

12. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I hope they will improve the multiplayer with lots of cool stuff. There's so much to improve guys! Come on!

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    That's funny, when I tried to mine ore with my iron axe it wouldn't work.
    I've found a titanium pick for now, but I don't want to waste it on stiff I don't need.
    I've never found a titanium deposit though, what does it look like? Silver? Blue?

14. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Here you go, titanium ore looks like this...

[​IMG]

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Really? I thought that was iron. What does iron, lead and magnetite look like respectively? Thanks!

16. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    You'll have to go out and hack at a few things, then you'll get a better feel for it.

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Worked it all out :)
    I've switched to the machine gun now that I have some bullets.
    I went to the centre island and went to the tower to see how many people were there.
    Being chased by 20 crawlers isn't the best experience in my life, if I'm being honest.

Should I bother making a base for the other islands or should I just stock up on plenty of supplies and run from tower to tower?

18. CruzAdr

CruzAdr New Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Multiplayer crashing?

Is anyone else experiencing frequent crashing during the multiplayer mode of the game? Any idea if Atypical Games is going to address this?

19. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #739 Retro Nug, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Wow. I just downloaded this and only got to play it for about 20 minutes, but I think there's a chance I just might become addicted. Heheh.

20. Krizzle1

Krizzle1 Member

Nov 2, 2014
    #740 Krizzle1, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Been playing this for ages now, sucks you right in. I haven't managed to disable any towers or anything, though i did manage to make a bed for the night (pretty close to the beach unfortunately)

I have to say the game is pretty difficult, you cannot explore far otherwise you're soon hunted by 3+ wolves, a couple of bears and a couple of lions (sometimes all at the same time). Its almost impossible to kill the zombies, so im always trying to out-run anything that chases me.

Its literally impossible to be out at night time, it becomes completely pitch black, even with my iDevice's brightness full i can barely see outlines to anything. What im trying to say is that the night time needs to be improved greatly. It should be dark enough to make it difficult to go out at night but not so much that its effectively 'game over' if you ever decide to travel at night.

Edit - Sometimes im respawning on top of houses where I built my bed in. And there's no way to get off the rood, there's like an invisible wall stopping you from jumping off the edge, so your only choice is to wait around and starve to death, then hope you respawn properly