Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Thanks guys.

(See, "macplash", THAT's how to answer someone on a forum when they make a genuine enquiry).

2. jedeye sniv

jedeye sniv Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Man this game, I'm so impressed. So far I've played about 5 hours, have just found my first gun hidden in a chest under a tree, have made some ammo, got the strong axes etc. I think tomorrow when I play more I'll be ready to really venture out into the world. I've made vague forays but nothing too systematic. I love the sense of discovery the game has, I literally don't know what is over the next hill, I have no idea what it has in store for me. But there are so many mysteries and it's just so intriguing.

I did come across a nasty bug, I was flying about on a glider(!) and when I landed I was falling repeatedly through the floor and had to wait to die. Bit of a shame since I was quite near the middle of the island, but it makes it even more alluring. I need to get back there!

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    That's nothing compared to MHFU :p

4. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    One thing I would like to see added in an update is a quick stack function similar to Terraria's. Open a chest and an option comes up to quick stack, and all similar items in your backpack would automatically stack with the same items in the chest.

5. Razvan

Razvan Active Member

Jun 9, 2009
    The nasty glider bug it's fixed in the next update. It's now submitted and will probably go live in a week or two.

6. Occupied

Dec 28, 2013
    Any chance you could post the patch notes for the coming update?

7. Razvan

Razvan Active Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Sure. A few important that I can think right now but there are more.

- added Invert-Y
    - fixed D-Pad bug when walking diagonally
    - smooth look around
    - night-time a little bit more bright
    - hunger balanced. Dude will need half of the amount of pineapples before :)
    - fixed glider bug
    - fixed crash after intro
    - fixed saving bugs (including the one that can cause loosing all progress)
    - performance improvements across all devices (2-5 fps depending on how much vegetation there is on the screen)

8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Your team at Atypical Games is awesome. Best game ever made for ios and best support with updates. Thx a lot.

9. Occupied

Dec 28, 2013
    Thanks. :)

10. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Huh?

DBC

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    hello razvan, just want to ask about one thing here, is it possible to improve the hand animation? i feel like its just to stiff as if the hands are being glued to the camera. also the camera animation(make it a little bit waving while walking?) just to make the experience more alive. sorry i cant find a better words for this but i hope you'll understand. thanks.

12. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I find it impressive that it's still No1 (since release) in the appstore charts,leaving minecraft behind.Congrats!

Can't wait for the update with the invert Y axis option so i can continue my playthrough.

13. iOSMarc

iOSMarc Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Price increase??

Will there be a price increase once the game improves more in the future??

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #694 Duivs, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Alrighty I bought the game and I'm about to give it a go.
    I've never really coped well with zombies running at me so wish me luck!

Edit: Here's my initial analysis: I suck at this game.
    I've made 2 backpacks now, and need 25 leather for the next (*groans* kill...me...). I was chased by two lions and stumbled upon a stumbling horde of zombies. So far I haven't made a base or anything, just been utilising the chests in the fortress on the beach. I don't exactly know what to do next- not because there isn't much to do, just because Theres so much TO do that I don't know what to do first. I'm just kinda gathering resources to keep myself alive, but I should get a better food source than bunny meat and pineapples.
    How do you hit moving targets? When I'm strafing or a target is moving its very hard to hit them :(
    So what's the deal with dying? I lose my equipped weapon or something?
    I'm bad at this whole surviving thing.

15. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    Play on exploration mode so that zombies ignore you. This way you'll have time to discover stuff like recipes and places where you can get weapons. Then go back to survival and you'll know what to do.

16. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #696 Bytebrain, Feb 12, 2015
    First priority, build a furnace, so you can cook your meat, it'll last much, much longer.
    Also, you'll them be able to melt metals, which you'll need to craft better equipment, weapons and ammunition.

There's auto aim, just lock the target using the icon in the top left corner and you'll kill stuff with ease. Also, you can tap on a moving target and you'll automatically follow your prey.

On Explorer mode you'll lose the weapon you wield at the moment of dying.
    In survival mode, I believe you'll lose all your equipment. The easiest mode, nothing will hurt you. I can't imagine the game will be much fun on easy mode though..

17. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Anyone now how to save your game? Can't see it in the journal options. I presumed it auto saves after you sleep but it is saving progress up to that point. Thanks

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Press on the side arrows thing in the Journal, and it brings up a page to upload to the cloud.

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #699 Xexist, Feb 12, 2015
    Tips based on what you said.

1. 1. Dont stray too far from a safe area/sleep point. Not at first until you have some weapons.
    2. 2. Build a furnace so that you can cook your meat. Cooked meat is awesome.
    3. 3. make a bow and shitloads of arrows. for me it was the best weapon until I managed to find a gun. I never really bothered with Melee.
    4. 4. If you are planning to travel somewhere far, set out at first light so you dont get caught out at night.
    5. 5. When you do get around to exploring, keep an eye out for the funky shaped titanium nodes. They make the best (craftable) picks and axes.
    6. 6. Once you are well armed, the game gets way easier.

20. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Another idea for a new feature: the ability to mark things on the map. For example, the location of the crystal converter. Also not really useful but fun are the lavender and maryjowanna gardens! Lol! It's stuff like that that keeps me exploring.

Also not sure if you guys have noticed but you can tell other people where things are by using the x y coordinates from the map!