Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I just went out on a sulfur and lead run for an hour and got this :D

Attached Files:

2. SuperCaptain

SuperCaptain Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Anyone have a particularly good spot to find lead on the first island? Sulphur I find all over the place but I've run around for half an hour without running into a single lead node.

3. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    So this is a true story. I was on a jounrey to the new tower, and it had a military base around it. I saw a couple clouds of fire wandering through the base, and some clouds of lightning at a very small electricity plant. When I got closer to the last one, It started to approach me. I wanted to know what it would do to me so I watched it closing in. It insta destroyed my 'strong' armor and my radio suit. It also began to give me the radioactive debuff. So I ran away, ofcourse. But when I looked back, I saw the lightning cloud still chasin me. The only thing that worked to get rid of the cloud is to teleport to an other home.Did anyone else confront such thing? If yes, what is it exactly?

4. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Often when I find lead ores, I am on top/ at the side of a mountain.

5. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    This is one for the devs: can you please fix the little issue with the d pad? I can only move to my left or forward. It's not possible for me to walk to the left and forward at the same time. I can't walk diagonally to the left and forwards, although it is possible at the other diagonal directions.
    Thanks in advance

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    When I first tried the dpad, I was hoping it'd be a circle like the virtual one, the buttons weren't really usable for me. I'd love to have a fixed version of the virtual stick, bonus points if you get to choose where it's placed. Double bonus points if you could double-tap it to jump!

7. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I agree!!! But at the right bottom there is already a button for jumpin!

8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Yes, I encountered the electrical cloud that followed me and destroyed my
    armour and Rad suit. I am not sure what it is . I encountered it only the one
    time, at the big base ,when it was getting dark. I returned again at daylight
    and never encountered it again. I believe it only comes out at night. Mostly.:)

9. Razvan

Razvan Active Member

Jun 9, 2009
    You're right. The diagonal d-pad position is not consistent with a diagonal movement. It's a bug :)

10. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Sweet Aliens reference! :D

11. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    can anyone post the link to the website that has guide about this game ?

12. Today's Posts

Today's Posts Member

Sep 24, 2012
    From the starting beach take the path leading toward that cabin just above the center river (island). Pass the two houses and have a first look for lead. Continue towards the crashed airplane. Shortly after having passed the airplane there is lead. Those are the only places I recall having found lead.

13. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    There are 3 lead spots very near to the starting beach. I would suggest to set up a homebase at the the beach-village (not the safety house) at the starting beach with some storage cases.
    Two of the lead spots are on the path from the beach-village to the next building, that you can see, when you look from the village entrance up the path. At about 2/3rd of the distance to this building you can find lead in the right and left side a bit hidden in the grass right next to the path.
    The third lead is on the path parralel to the beach from the village to the safety house you start the game at.
    Everytime you pickaxe the lead bring it to your storage cases, save the game and close it. Open the app again and you will find out the lead spots have respawned. So you can have as many lead as you want or need.
    I have 4 storage cases only full with machine gun ammo.

14. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    #634 verdinant, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    I found glass, and when I look up what glass does, it says it's for making a compass. But it doesnt show that you can make a compass with it, weird?

15. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Hey I encountered this, it's at the top right corner between the two homes on the top right island. Does Anyone know what it does?

Attached Files:

16. DMike

DMike New Member

Feb 7, 2015
    Mining iron in Radiation Island

I had to comment on this because this problem drove me nuts as well (I actually registered for touch arcade just to answer this post) .Apparently, the developers were probably going to add an iron pick axe (and a compass it seems) to the game but never did. It's referenced in the written pieces but is unavailable to be crafted. HOWEVER, you CAN mine iron and titanium with the IRON AXE. I found this out by accident and it opened up the whole game for me. Now I have a rifle, endless bullets, etc... My only problem with the game is that the protagonist appears to be a diabetic and seems to need to eat every 3 seconds. It's ridiculous. I flew on a glider and by the time I was half-way through the flight my guy was dying of starvation!

17. verdinant

verdinant Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Ikr?

Also, I just finished the game, and the multiplayer isn't what I expected. I thought it would be with a chat and so, but it's just a bunch of people fighting and using medicin all the time (because everyone has 100 as the zombies drop loads of them). It's like an unfinished game...

18. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Can someone demystify the beds for me? It seems that the ones already placed in certain buildings are permanent but the ones I make are temporary. Am I only allowed to have one temporary bed at a time or do they just degrade and disappear after some time?

Also, those things labelled transfer sites.... I just found my second one and based on the name I think I can use them to teleport between them. But I can't figure out how they work. Hints?

19. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Click on your notebook in the top right corner.
    Click the compass symbol.
    Now tap the (house)location you wish to teleport to.
    You can't do this if an enemy is nearby.

20. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    I found a similar one on a beach, it seems to spawn crystals, as in the center of the structure on the floor are lots of them, I collected 150+ then waited, they where reappearing at about 1 every 20 seconds.