Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Dev: any ideas why this game creates crash logs in diagnostics and usage every time you minimise or close the app? It's not a big deal but overtime its creating loads..

2. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #582 Ghostdog1, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Exploits

This is for the devs to make a great game even better.

Exploits

1. Chest respawn (works in all game modes)
    Everytime you find a free chest filled with stuff in a building, you just need to completely empty it. Leave the game and reload the app. And new stuff will be in the chest. This way you will have all weapons or everything you need without doing anything.

2. No more enemy attacks (works in adventure and survival mode)
    Build about 5 wolf traps at the starting beach and leave the sector before a wolf is attacking your traps. This makes all animals or zombies allways run towards this traps. No matter if you are on the other side of the map. Only if you are really next to an enemy they will attack. But as soon as you go a bit backwards enemies will run again towards your traps. Crazy thing is, that enemies never reach your traps, cause they are programmed within the range of view. So they disappear at the horizon.

3. cnecula

cnecula Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Good job !

4. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #584 AzeTheGreat, Feb 4, 2015
    I just beat the game! It really wasn't that hard, after the initial portion, and I bet I could do it way faster now. Great game! I'm hoping it improves enough to justify another playthrough

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #585 Xexist, Feb 4, 2015
    needs moar crafting... moar moar moar!

6. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Yes! More things to craft would be awesome! (And you quoted me before I fixed my URL...crap...)

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Did I? *ninja edit*

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Guys please remember that there is a radiation island wikipedia,http://radiationisland.wikia.com .Currently I am working on the "Weapons"category page made by me.Your help is always appreciated.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh... Im really liking the game played with my Madcatz Micro, but i just realized i dont know what im doing in the game when the first night fell and a couple wolves ganked me while my ass was freezing outside in the beach. :D

Nonetheless, this game feels amazing imma go research this game more and start a game anew.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks man... I didnt break my rule last week (even though i was disappointed with the purchase), but since i didnt buy anything this week, this was the purchase and im loving it with my Madcatz Micro.

I just dont know how to survive this game yet. LOL

Found the wiki, so i think that'll be a good start, but i dont want to spoil the game with it, just looking for some basic things to remember to start the game out for me. ;)

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Um... How do i reset my progress?

12. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Nice, EP on board, how is the controller? I'm in the hunt for a decent one

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's friggin awesome. There are things done on the touchscreen that's easier than doing it with a controller though, like inventory management and crafting. Instead of moving the cursor around with the keypad, you just have to touch the items on the screen.

My hdmi adaptor order hasnt arrived yet, but my plan is to play the game on a 42-inch tv, with the ipad as my inventory manager which i'll put beside me. ;)

14. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Lol, reading through this thread I think every one of us started off dying from hunger or a wolf right away and wondering what the hell we've gotten ourselves into. Gradually learning survival techniques is part of the fun of the game, so I won't spoil it for you. I'm sure you've already gotten past the picking up twigs/flint, crafting an axe phase. There was a guide posted earlier in this thread that did help me out a lot, though I'm not sure I agree with all of it now I'm deeper into the game.

Psyched you're liking it, by the way!

15. Redcrab

Redcrab Member

Feb 1, 2015
    To those who gets caught by surprise with the coming dark, here's a revolutionary tip: look at the sun. If it's high, you've got enough time, if it's low, get ready for the coming night.

That's a tough and counterintuitive idea, really hard to think of, right? :)

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cool story brah.

17. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    #597 Draven2222, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Game Impressions

Played through with an MOGA Rebel controller, plays excellent BTW although some bugs need adressing whne playing with an MFi Controller:Here they are:

Crafting

Craft a Fire is ok, but trying to activate it by pressing the "A" button does nothing

Craft a Glider is ok, but when activating it to go for a fly the game crashes, so need to tap the onscreen active and its ok.. whilst flying there is no "Look around" assigned to the Right Analog Stick.

Craft a Kayak is ok, but when activating it to go for a sail the game crashes, so need to tap the onscreen active and its ok.. whilst sailing there is no "Look around" assigned to the Right Analog Stick.

When in Journal Menu Select the map page,zoom into the Map by pressing "A", now tap the R1 or L1 buttons whilst zoomed in, changes the page, problem is they are all still zoomed in so you only see 1/4 of the page & layout is all over the show.

All these "bugs" can be avoided, as it plays much better with MFi Contoller.
    To Prove this im actully on the last Tesla Tower (15) , heres another bug.. there is no code for the last Tesla tower.!
    i've been over all the islands 3 times over even completed the middle island twice!! i have all the codes including the one for the middle island, all apart from 1 code that doesn't exist., any one else experience this? maybe i'm missing something?
    Anyone got the code for this Tesla Tower? its the one in the water, happy to share info..
    [​IMG]

Thnx, great game waiting for the update they fixes these bugs.

Another annoyance is the Spy Glass moving the right analog stick "looks around" this is way too slow.. adjusting the UI controller sensitivity does nothing.

18. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    You somehow missed it then...since I have it...

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    What are you on.. Lol

20. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Thnx Man your a life saver, code works fine, all 16 disabled! on way to middle island again, see you in multiplayer! , it's has been driving me crazy for 2 days!