Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Developer said in the beginning of this thread creatures are more difficult on survival than on adventure.I tend to believe him ;)

I assume you played survival AFTER you got used to all play mechanics and how the creatures react etc.?

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    that usually means the HP is higher or something, usually doesnt mean the AI itself is different (though I guess sometimes it might)

3. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    the ai needs work definitely but everything is more powerful in the hardest mode. i underestimated the speed of a crocodile underwater and lost around 100 rifle ammo haha

4. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Since I've not died once I doubt it'd make too much of a difference. Even if enemies are stronger it'll just require more preparation before heading out to make sure I've got sufficient ammo. Right now I'm using the rifle instead of the machine gun because I was too lazy to make more ammo; still no issues.

5. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    A quick heads-up. We are preparing another small update with the following changes:
    - adding invert Y option in controls
    - enlightening a bit the night, it won't be a lot and it will be mostly affecting the landscape
    - smoothing a bit the camera control
    - balancing a bit the food necessity both when doing nothing and when performing actions
    - speeding up some animals and maybe tweaking a bit the zombie AI in the direction of allowing stealthy gameplay.

We need a bit of time to test this stuff before we submit but it should be submitted this week or the next.

6. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Awesome. Might want to have a quick re-read of some of the Journal entries while you're at it. Some of them seem a little hobbled by typos.

Thanks again for the phenomenal game!

7. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Another quick suggestion: increase gravity! Floating down hills is just kinda weird...

8. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Is bleeding meant to heal itself over time? Because if it is supposed to, it isn't.

9. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Thank you very much. no rush :)

10. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    FANTASTIC NEWS! Thank you for the heads up. Can't wait to finally play this game.

11. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    Gotta craft bandages, man! Everyone knows that Radiation, like inbreeding, makes you anaemic.

12. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #572 EightRooks, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    I wouldn't object if slight levels of bleeding went down over time, but I'm not expecting to recover with a bit of bed rest if I've just been mauled by three angry tigers.

The bow is extremely useful but it's not making things that much easier. Apparently I've been playing for seven hours, and I'm yet to shut down one tower. Got to the base of one just now but the code I found in the building didn't work and I forgot I had another one, then went outside and found I'd attracted every single enemy in the vicinity (like five tigers and a bunch of various types of zombie). If you've got to run around the world randomly trying these numbers out and hoping one of them works then 1) that's going to be harder than I thought, 2) the people who say the game is easy are just really good, and 3) it does feel a bit like padding.

Still, I'm not complaining that much. It's just a bit... intimidating, contemplating playing through a forty-hour quest in low-res on a tiny four-inch screen. All the same, while I'm not about to give up or anything just yet, I have to say I've more than had my money's worth already. It's a great little game, no question - certainly not perfect, obviously cut down in some ways, plenty of room for improvement, but still really good just as it is. Christ, if I worked for Apple I'd have tried to make Atypical official third-party devs by now. Come up with a better name (seriously, that's one of my few real complaints :p ), give it a bit more polish/depth and I'm relatively confident this could sell mobile gaming to a lot more people who'd never consider it otherwise.

13. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    Go to your journal notes, compare the strip of map with the code to your big map and you'll see another tower in that position- that's where the code goes. It can seem like a bit of a wild goose-chase gunning your way into a tower, only to find a code which only works for a completely different part of the map, but in the long run I like this method. It stretches out the story side of the game much longer. A good method is to unlock a transit to any shack near to a tower first, rather than going straight to a tower. This makes you far less likely to get caught out in the middle of nowhere come sundown.

14. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    You say tomato, I say padding. :p There isn't always a transit that near a tower, from what I can see, and often any houses nearby are inside the radiation it projects. Still. It's certainly not a dealbreaker and at the worst it's still good padding, IMO. Just saying, is all.

15. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Quake?!?!? How dare you it's marathon infinity or nothing!!!!!!

16. bladecup

bladecup Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Game is a great,pls add more items,materials,weapons and others

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    My radiation healed over time, my broken foot healed in time, but a tiny little scratch never goes away? come on :p

18. MyUsernameName

Aug 26, 2014
    How does this game run on iP5? Is it laggy or choppy?

19. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Hi.

I am interested in buying this game and would like to know how (if) does it run on iPad 3?

Thanks

20. Red_saaryn

Red_saaryn Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Writer
    Then you should it runs on my crappy PIECE OF SH...ipad 2 very well just one problem that is: from time to time it crashed or closes himself not a big deal since it save just after doing