Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I don't know man, I've camped/hammocked way out in the country far, far away from the comforting red smoggy light of cities, and things get DARK there.

Personally, I love having to rattle off rounds at unknown assailants in the dark in this game. Which is weird coming from someone with a fairly low comfort zone when it comes to scary games. It gives you a real feeling of going on a trek through unknown terrain.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah maybe but it doesn't do it in a matter of seconds :p

3. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I just went through a playthrough and got caught out in that army base with a billion zombs on all sides of me... And then things went black, quickly. Lol, I guess I wouldn't be against a leetle more warning.

4. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    There is a wiki: http://radiationisland.wikia.com/wiki/Radiation_Island_Wiki

That's why the game has torches. Always carry 1 or 2 with you and you won't fear the dark anymore.

5. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #545 Ghostdog1, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    How to reload the machine gun? There are two numbers written next to the displayed machine gun. What do they mean? When i found the weapon it was allready filled with one clip of ammo. After the clip is empty it is gone and its not reloading. I have rifle ammo and machine gun ammo. I can load it with the machine gun bullets, but this only fills up one of the two numbers next to the displayed weapon. Can i also somehow load the rifle ammo or do i need to find other bullets and make ammo clips?

6. sakara

sakara Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Things went black quickly!!!!! Loooooooollllll
    I know what you mean!!!!!

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Oh man that bow and arrow is a lifesaver. No fear wolves no more.

8. cnecula

cnecula Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Dev here

Thanx a lot for your suggestions guys.The best reward for a developer is people enjoying the game and ask for more stuff. We made a wishlist from this forum and appstore comments. We will polish the game and add more content , even if the game allready needs 2.3gigs to install and some users gave us 1 star because they are unable to download it.

you can add your suggestions on our wiki page too. Let your imagination go wild, don't be shy!

9. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, so that means we don't have to hope for invert Y axis option to be added anytime soon, is that correct? :confused:

10. Loozr

Loozr Member

May 23, 2013
    Also waiting for Y-axis inversion, so that I can buy the game.
    Sorry. Can't help it. I was raised with Quake.

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I already bought the game but can't play it because of that. There's no point for me to keep it installed and wait for a bunch of stuff being added over a next weeks (or possibly months) just so the simple invert Y axis can be squeezed in eventually. If it's not a priority besides other bug fixes (if there are any), why would I support such attitude? I'll wait until the end of the week and be cancelling the purchase then while still in a 14 days period.

12. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Needs to have a craftible jeep, and possibly in the far future is to add a whole new island! By the way still discovering things on the island epic game.

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Really dont understand your attitude here... you complain, dev responds 'we didnt even realize this was a useful feature, I promise we will add it!'

and your response is 'why would I support such attitude? Are you high? I wish 1/10 as many devs were that accomidating. Now whether he delivers or not is another matter, and if you dont believe the fix will be prompt by all means, get your refund.. however claiming dev has bad attitude I just dont see it..

14. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    All I can say is, lol....

15. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    If you need to craft something with abundant resources, wood and stone can make you a sling shot and pebbles (ammo). Killed by 3 hits with distance, now and arrow is a one hitter quitter on wolves, but when you get into the hills look out, other animals that look likes wolves but are in fact a feline version are wolves are stronger and faster

16. Red_saaryn

Red_saaryn Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Writer
    I already finished the first island and half of the second. I found a good source of ammo just one question, how is the multiplayer mode I'm too curious about it

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Xexist: I'm just frustrated, that's all. I'm reading through 50+ pages of positive comments and whatnot and I just can't play because the stupid invert Y axis option is missing. In 2015. If it was twenty years ago when the first FPS games came out, it'd be acceptable, but now? So that's why I'm upset, try to understand before accusing me being high. You didn't like being accused of complaining about the premium games prices in the other thread as well by some user, you said it irritates you. Well, this irritates me.

18. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Suggestions:

-Improve the GC achievments. The last one for activating the central teleportation device should probably be 100 points since it involves beating the game and is quite hard. I'd suggest adding more achievments for crafting things, killing animals or zombies, etc.

-AI needs to be improved. The terror of a bear running straight at you is significantly lessened when it stops a few feet short for no apparent reason.

-Make wild animals fast enough to catch up to players. Zombies are fine, but we shouldn't be able to outrun a wolf, it's just unrealistic and it hurts gameplay.

-Enemy aggression: right now enemies just attack when you're within range. I'd like to add a stealth system that utilizes line of sight. This'll make sneaking past a viable option, and will really help with the atmosphere of the game. Firing a gun should give away your position in a large radius, but bows/crossbows should be silent.

Maybe I should have been playing on surivival, but right now the game feels too easy. 12 hours in and two islands cleared and I haven't died once (ok, once two minutes in when I was confused, but that doesn't really count). I think some reabalancing might be in order (although I think improving AI would do a great deal towards this).

19. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    like you said, play the hardest mode and then criticise not the other way around

20. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    The only thing that makes a difference with the difficulty really is that you loose your equipped inventory or whatever. I've played on both and I think he's right.
    The line of sight for ai and the predators being to slow is probably my main concern.
    Still loving this game though!!