Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Redcrab

Redcrab Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Sounds like more fun, I guess I do play it the wrong way :)

I've got first machine gun either from a buried chest or from a Japanese guy at the beach military base west from starting point. By the time I properly explored North-West corner of the first island I had three or four of them...

2. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OK, thanks for the fast response.

3. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    How many islands are there? And how many tesla towers? The map thing by the houses shows 4 but 3 of them look identical?

4. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    They aren't identical, they have the same outline but there are different mountains/villages/forests/islands/military bases.

There are 19 towers in total

5. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    Oh, my goodness, guys. If you have only explored one island, or a part of one, then how can you be worried that the rest is the same?

You will die. More than once. Don't worry. Check out my album of pics here on TA (it's a pain in the neck to post pics in these threads):
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/album.php?albumid=1814

Of course I could share more screenshots of other nasties you'll encounter, but, again, it's a pain to do it here.

As for whether the devs are in this thread? If you've read it, you'd see that they're quite active here.

6. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Pro tip for you savvy players: Do NOT, say, catch 50 fish and pop them in your furnace. Doing so will cause wacky shenanigans, akin to an "I Love Lucy" episode. (I was prepping for a trek to the next marker; don't judge me.)

7. Redcrab

Redcrab Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Well, obviously, this is why I was asking :) And btw you gave exactly the answer I was waiting for, so thanks for getting my hopes back again!

As for the devs, of course I've read the thread and knew they're here, otherwise what would be the point of writing smth to them? ;)

8. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    #488 AlexsIpad, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Assuming there will be an update bringing new features at some point, I hope they:
    - sort out the AI. Just basic things like sheep/rabbits walking underwater are a bit sloppy and these simple changes would help the experience a lot.
    - make some enemies faster, no matter what enemy is chasing me, they never catch me if I keep moving, so I have found myself just running past them to take down towers rather than trying to kill all of the enemies I am faced with first.
    - make it so you can hide from enemies, they seem to chase after you as soon as you are within a certain range, regardless of if there is a wall/tree/hill in the way.
    - have a way of knowing the time of day (I know my elevation, coordinates and the temperature in °F and °C but not what time of day it is?).
    - maybe add some side quests? Just some simple ones would add a little extra to the game.
    - add rain and some other weather systems.

I don't think that the amount of content is a major problem as there is a lot to the game, but it is these more simple things which effect the experience a lot.

9. Levanax

Levanax Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Can anyone tell me how to get off the first island? I've shut down all the towers but can't find a bridge to the centre island or any clear way to move on. I appreciate any help.

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer

if i may add some more:
    - idle animation, walking animation(the gun or other tools moving instead of like it glued to the camera).
    - compass that simply shows the direction to our last sleep(just like in survivalcraft).
    - weather changing? or am i missing something here?rain, thunder storm, snow.
    - more weapons: crossbow
    - ability to cancel targeting when using bow.
    - more friendly animals?so far i can only see the rabbits.
    - horse(and ability to ride)? lol, i know it might sound weird to have a horse in this island but it also might be fun as well.

11. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I can't beleave how well this game runs, can't wait to get to the multiplayer!

12. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Is there any way to reload guns part way through a clip? If there is I've missed it. Would be nice to know I'm not going to have to spend a chunk've time reloading right in the middle of a fire fight.

13. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Hey redribbon:
    The Crossbow is already in the game, you can't craft it, but you can find it. I agree though, more weapons are definitely needed.
    You can also cancel shots after zooming in. Just slide your finger towards the center of the screen, off the button, before releasing and you won't shoot.

14. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    It would be nice to be able to put a marker on the map and write a note there.
    Eg. Mark an area to return to.

Thanks

15. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Might be cool if it would snow on the high ground/high mountains,it also might be cool if there would be zombies in arctic suits with a new gun-shotgun.Imo if you are going to add shotgun in the future,you should make it craftable or put some simple guns in the crafting list and make shotgun a loot from crates,zombies,instead.

16. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    I've explored the second island already and like I said its pretty much the same thing. I've already seen all the enemies I ever will with the only special ones before big versions of the same ones I've already seen. Once you get to the second island it's more of the same. Same weapons and items I have stockpiled in chests. Just running to the towers shutting them off. Don't get me wrong I love the game but I wish there was more in terms of variety. More enemies more items more recipes. I'm sure it's coming eventually though

17. Redcrab

Redcrab Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ok, finished the first island. Apparently, after spending some time gathering equipment, you can do all the towers in an hour or so. The last one, at the military base, surprised with amount of enemies, but this when the game stops being a survival and becomes a pure FPS. Not sure I liked that bit.

What I enjoyed are some small details: a glider on top of the highest mountain, hidden stash inside the shipwreck - got several machine guns from it (not that I needed them at this point though). Also, small islands are really nice and sometimes you can find interesting stuff there (shipwreck, for one). Devs definitely did a good job here, hope the next islands will have the same amount of small nice details.

By the way, anyone knows what the "Stonehenge" on the first island is for (I feel like I missed smth...)?

18. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Y do I hav to make everything?? I just wan to shoot stuff lol

And this big red clock keeps killing me how do I stop it??

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    go find a gun and Ammo at a tower and try not to die haha

20. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    wow, thanks man. im gonna try it now.