Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    Bump.

2. Xibalba

Xibalba Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Thanks so much!

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Reading all these positive comments makes me furious that I have to wait until the option to invert Y axis is being add and I can't play until than. At least use the spoiler tags if you're sharing details about the later stages or the story. I'd love to play this game already
    :-/

4. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #464 Ghostdog1, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Problems with controls and saving

ipad air 8.1.3
    I love this game so much. But i still have some problems.

How come that i can walk diagonal right-forward or right-backwards, but on the left side only a straight left works? Anyone else has this problem?

Is it normal, that the complete world resets after every save on the icloud? I mean i keep all my stuff in my storage cases. But because of the world reset, i can get all weapons within an hour. At the starting beach i collect all stuff from the free storage cases in the village. Then save, reload, and new stuff is in this storage cases. This way i have much too much of every weapon or ammo.
    On the other hand the world reset is hard, cause every killed zombie or animal is respawning. After playing 6 hours straight without saving i know, that killed zombies or animals in a sector don't show up anymore. So to kill so many again and again is really hard and keeps me from progressing deeper into the island. To save and load the game in the wilderness or in a cleared military base is total suicide. Normal?

5. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    Interesting. I haven't used that save method. It seems to save periodically as you go. When I die, I wake up in my last sleeping spot, without the weapon I was carrying. If I quit between spots, it usually picks up about where I left off when I return.

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Can someone answer the following question: When I get the "inventory full" message, I open my backpack. I see on the left side of the screen an empty set of inventory spaces and a red line with a shield. I am unable to drag any items to this area. What am i doing wrong?

Other than that, Im enjoying the game. Ive killed a few wolves with my axe.

7. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    #467 Ghostdog1, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    The empty set of inventory spaces on the left side is only for clothing and armor. The better clothes you craft, the higher will be your armor. Armor level is displayed within the red line above the shield. It gets more and more green, the better your crafted clothes are. Craft a trowser or something else and drag it there. You can also put there the radiation suite once you find it.

8. Paps Shenanigan

Paps Shenanigan Active Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I've never used cloud storage, and technically shouldn't have too. I might have to start though if crap like this happens.

9. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    #469 Ghostdog1, Feb 1, 2015
    Had also experienced a crash after having about 10 rabbits, 6 wolves, 2 tigers, 2 bears and 4 zombies at the same time at my homebase at the beach. After my crash the damage was not as big as yours. Only a storage case with about 1000 wood disappeared and my bed was gone. My other 20 storage cases had been still there. After this i turned on icloud to save the game and can only hope this never happens again. Im sorry for your loss.

10. Redcrab

Redcrab Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ok, first, really enjoyed the game so far. Didn't think such a gorgeous thing was possible on a tablet, yet here it is. Thanks a lot to devs for amazing work!

Second, the question to those who completed the game or progressed far into the story. Is there any further progression in terms of technologies, enemies, or gameplay as compared to, say, first couple of hours?

I've been playing for several hours, explored may be 10% of the first island (I'm being thorough: explored = opened and dug out every chest there is). I thought this is the way the game is supposed to be played... But now I wonder if this is the case. After 10% exploration I got to the point where I have every possible item in the game, tons of weapons and armor, the food which could last me for a year. I feel like I can kill any number of zombies / animals without getting so much as a scratch.

This is somewhat disappointing because if other unexplored areas are not any harder, just more of the same, then the game would really loose it's appeal. Please, someone, tell me, that more distant areas have new enemies or at least something that raises the challenge :)

11. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009

It's pretty much more of the same thing. I was a little disappointed in the lack of weapons and things to make. Games still young so here's hoping for future updates. Can't really complain though since I got my money's worth.

12. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    One of the most stunning games ever made on iOS, it truly is a feat to have made this game with such an incredibly huge map with such great graphics and so much content. My only annoyance is that the sound has suddenly stopped working on the game? Reset the game and my iPad and everything I can think of but nothing is making the sound work again? Any ideas? I'd rather not delete and reinstall as I worry Id lose my progress...

13. Redcrab

Redcrab Member

Feb 1, 2015
    If it is the case, then I really hope that devs are reading this! I think the game could become so much better if the future updates bring new enemies later in the story, or some unique ones in certain points, or drastically decrease drop rate for weapons and armor, maybe make it location specific, so you couldn't get machine gun without venturing far into the island - anything to make you actually progress through the game instead of building up for a couple of hours and then just do the tedious shooting...

Still, I completely agree, the game absolutely worth the money even in its current state.

14. batmania

batmania Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    This game is amazing in both graphics and gameplay. I'm highly addicted and enjoying it. At 2.99 it's a steal this could easily be 4.99 and worth it.

This may sound strange but I wish there was IAP just so I could support the dev more.

My only requests are some land travel vehicles of some sort and possibly a 3rd person view option ( I think traveling around the island in 3rd person would be great). This option would be perfect if we could switch between views on demand.

15. Free2Pay

Free2Pay New Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #475 Free2Pay, Feb 1, 2015
    Great and amazing game. Thnx to devs, also for your participation here in this thread. :)

However, after 10h I now have a strange big zombie icon in the upper left corner (below the enemy/wildlife indicator)...

Does anybody know what this means?

Looks like this:
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Found out that icon alarms the player that an armor part is almost completely worn.

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Thanks for the reply.I ended up buying it and I'm satisfied with the performance and the way it looks on such an old device.The game itself is great and for this price is definitely a steal in my opinion.Nights are spooky yo,not sure if it's because of the radiation suit I had but those heavy breathing sound along with some other creeped me out.

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Member

Feb 1, 2015
    This happened to me once I logged for the first time.Turns out somehow mute system sounds was activated so I switched it off and works fine now.

18. Redcrab

Redcrab Member

Feb 1, 2015
    As far as I understand it means that some of your armor is about to expire :)

19. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    How did you go about switching that off? Do you mean the mute on my iPad because that's certianly not on, I can't find anything in the game about a mute sounds button

20. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wait what!? I didn't get a machine gun until I had almost completely explored the first island. Did I miss something obvious!?