Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. ugdvnr

ugdvnr Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Hunger rate depends on cold - the colder the area the faster you burn food. Cold depends on altitude and time of day (obviously nights are much colder). Get warm clothes and you'll have to eat less.

2. ugdvnr

ugdvnr Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I'm waiting for your reactions on the next islands :)
    As said in the story, islands formation is artificial, the petals are identical, but this doesn't mean you have the first island three times plus the middle island.
    Petals are different with the only exception that they have the same heightmap.

3. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    I hate it when it hits night time, can't see jack all, also finding my bed is out of the question.

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Hello,i'm thinking about buying this game as it seems really interesting but i'm not sure if it works on my device. Hows the performance on Ipad 2? I do realize it's a old device and I don't expect the graphics too be good but is the performance acceptable?

5. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Anybody having trouble with icloud can't upload a save to my iPhone

6. kdiaz

kdiaz New Member

Oct 8, 2014
    iPhone 4s?

7. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Hi , just wanna ask are u guys working on an update that would fix the lag in iphone 5 ? cuz when the environment gets crowded with trees or fire at night , the gameplay turns extremely laggy , and I feel frustrated when that happens , hope to hear from u soon .

8. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #448 Frumius, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    You will die. More than once.

Oh, yes.

Depending on which game mode yo're playing in.

[​IMG]

9. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    Sometimes I'll turn off all the lights and find a dark place to sit so I can see in the night better. Also, craft some torches.

10. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    No, don't adjust it down!

Cook your meat. 3-4 times as much energy. See my long post somewhere on a previous page here or go find the fan club for tips.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I dont know the game had a serious hold on me for a bit but now I dont feel like playing it. Anyone else feel the same?

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks for the great beginner guide!

13. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Has anyone else tried Nimian Legends : BrightRidge? I was an early game if that game as it is an open world explorer game without the major combat. The open world in that game is amazing and reminds me of this game. As a non-tech person I understand that was built on a different engine that is not metal like this one but still pretty amazing!

14. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I understand and appreciate knowing the fan page exists and forums are a one way street and not as truly interactive sunce things get lost and new gamers jump in late (like me)....

I'm just a fan of tips and strategies but an not a fan of Facebook. Just my own quirk!

15. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Man, there are so many coconuts, bananas and pineapples scattered around that hunger's never been an issue at all for me. If anything, there's a surfeit of food. Just get into the habit of picking up everything you find and you'll grow a fat little Buddha belly. I've not even felt the need to cook any food if I'm honest.

Oh, and I remember someone criticising the translucent white hands. The alternative would be having to bend down to pick everything up. Vive le hands!

16. Today's Posts

Today's Posts Member

Sep 24, 2012
    I have been playing a few hours on the iPad 2 and and I have no complains what so ever with the performance

17. Xibalba

Xibalba Member

Jun 21, 2012
    So far I'm really enjoying this game. I have one question however, and I could use some help. How do I light a campfire? I have crafted one with the necessary materials, and then set it down on the ground. It only shows as a burlap sack with one of the white hands over it, and not a campfire. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

18. Paps Shenanigan

Paps Shenanigan Active Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I sent you an email from the Atypical support site with most of the info you are asking here. But I'll send it here again just incase info doesnt reach you. It's ona current gen IpodTouch running 8.0.2. I already have 2 house waypoints. The beginning beach and the farthest west (slightly south) of the first house. They both have about 4 chests full and a couple furnaces. I have all wool armor and a full inventory - upgraded backpack twice. I have some titianium tools/weapons, rifle, crossbow and various first aid and materials I picked up along the way to the nest house that this happened at. Just southeast of the 2nd house I discovered the 3rd @ x-1340.65, y-74.98. Just after I discover it, I scavenge the chest there and pick up a couple items (dropped some twigs). I then proceed to the 1st map page to jump to my second house to empty some inventory. I press that waypoint and it crashes. First time it has crashed on me. No big deal, I jump back in and it puts me at the 3rd house I discovered, yet with no gear and no inventory. No armor, backpacks, nothing. I start freaking out. I hard close the app and jump back in. Still the same. I jump to my 2nd house waypoint and it takes me there. All of my chests, furnaces, and stored inventory is gone. Heart broken. I also tried rebooting my device. Still no success. Please let me know if you find anything, or if you guys might possibly incorporate a save file screen with date and time or whatever so this doesnt happen again. A lot of time was spent getting to where I was, and I don't want to jump back in if this might happen again. Thanks for your time.

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I take it you didn't push your save to icloud??

20. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Xibalba , pickup the campfire and drag it into one of your
    bottom slots. Then touch the icon and you should now see the campfire
    floating in front of you in green. Now click the icon on the right to place
    it down.

The fire will light when you touch the icon at the top as long as you have wood.