Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    The only thing I can tell you right now is that most 5s device don't have any issues running the game. Except for devices like iPad 2 and iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, which are not bringing a great experience all other devices should have a good performance. The hell, 5S is just one generation old, due to lower resolution there are some situations where it actually runs faster then the iPhone6. You can send us some info and we can dig some more, PM me data like : device model, running OS, if it's jailbroken or not.

The truth is if you consistently have issues with the phone in games you might have some faulty hardware, the guys at an Apple store might be able to help. Considering you mention Battle Supremacy, that game should be running wild on that device, it's been developed on that so it's either you have some strange issues affecting the GPU at hardware level or something else which triggers a bug we have yet to seen at anyone else.

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #402 sinagog, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Don't know about all this iphone noize, but I'm increasingly starting to think that this is one of the best games ever on my Air. I love games which let me just horbgorble around, but add a little bit of threat (which isn't so hard to deal with once you know what you're doing), a real feeling of risk and adventure as you travel between villages (HUGE game area), and everything wrapped in a beautiful package...and I am elated. I bought the game after the new update, but it's even pretty light on the battery. I almost don't want to mess with the story for fear of bringing the game to a close.

3. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    #403 rookie, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Battle supremacy runs decently but drops frames whenever I move the camera,It's not even 30fps.Whereas iphone 6 has 60fps+ on the same game inspite being slightly more powerful,.

It's a shame because I like the game it has depth and vareity but the technical issues just spoil it for me.Also note that other games like Oceanhorn and Asphalt 8 etc run perfectly on my device so it's only the Atypical games which have this problem.

You have a 5s too didn't you experience any stuttering? I mean if you try looking at the sky and then towards the forest the game starts stuttering suddenly.

4. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Uh, complain all you want - I mean, regardless of what's doing it, I'll take your word for it you're having a problem, so fair enough you're frustrated - but I think you're talking to one of the devs there. Might want to bear that in mind. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

5. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    ummm...Is he a dev,I don't know? I'm not trying to insult or disrespect them or anything but It seems like they aren't prioritizing A7 that much,I mean a lot of people still have the devices it not like they are too old either.

6. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Feel free to advance in the story, you can still explore the islands after you beat the game. I also heard that there might be a endless mode being added in a later update.

7. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    @dotout I apologize I didn't read the pm part I thought you were a user too,I send you pm right away sir ,thx.

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm not a fan of first person shooter or action games on the iOS as I find it to difficult vs a controller.... However, I am a sucker for open world games and am seriously considering getting this game as an impulse buy since it has the exploration mode!

Thank you for including that mode which I believe allows you to reach the widest audience possible since in that mode I'll get to just explore and not worry about dying etc....

9. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    No worries mate. You and everyone else posting problems here are helping us, no reason to create a divide here :)

Testing can only get the game so far, it's impossible to recreate all combinations of device setups out there. If it's something we can remedy you can bet we want to get it fixed as much as you want it. The trick is to understand it generally take a bit of time, especially when it's an issue which does not happen on our testing devices.

10. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    To ease your concerns about shooters: it really doesn't play like one at all. Aiming is done essentially automatically (which I usually hate, but it works surprisingly well for this atmosphere/style of game) and isn't hard at all.

11. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    I'm usually not a fan of auto aim, either, but I depend on it in this game!

Since we're talking about aiming, if you have the rifle, hold the fire button down to zoom in. You're committed to firing at this point, but it's a zoomed view, which can be handy.

12. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Probably better on ip6 and 6+ because they are metal devices... Anything else isn't. Also the gfx cpu in a ip6 is 50% faster than the ip5s but the main cpu is only 7% faster than ip5s main cpu

13. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    More of a question for the game Dev but when I close the game it seems to add a splashboardd crash log into diagnostics and usage, any ideas why?

14. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Where did you get that info from? Metal will work on 5s (as long as it's using iOS8), Mini with retina and both of the iPad Airs. It just needs iOS8 and an A7 or better chip.

15. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    So I just started the game. I chose adventure mode which I'm assuming is the campaign of sorts. How do I know what I need to do? Or am in the wrong gameplay section.

16. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Great game. Runs very well on an iPad 4. One glitch so far in a few hours of playing. Fell through the ground after landing the glider.
    Less buggy than day Z.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm.. I'm tempted to get this as the reviews are stellar.

However reading other comments, I see that the game heats up the ip6 really fast (heck, even Space Marshals heats up my ip6 a lot). And some guy said that his ip6 stalled and froze after playing it. Sounds scary.

I'm starting to think I need to buy some kind of backing (I'm caseless) for the ip6 since so many games heat it up really easily. I'm not really sure if all that heat is good for the device.

18. Grummie

Grummie Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Mailman
    Australia
    iPhone 6 plus

Attached Files:

19. Grummie

Grummie Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Mailman
    Australia
    Could only do one attachment at a time sorry

Attached Files:

20. Paps Shenanigan

Paps Shenanigan Active Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Lost progress!!!!

I am so frustrated right now. I just got to my 3rd house/waypoint and I am extremely geared out. Both my other waypoints I have multiple chests and stored gear. I click the map to jump back to my 2nd waypoint and the game crashes - for the first time too. Jump back into the game and find that I'm at the same location, yet all of my inventory and gear is gone. Lost my armor and backpacks that I had. Everything is gone. Hard close the app and same result. I jump back to my other locations, and all my chests and furnaces are gone. AHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is a great game as all of you know, but the thing that I was uneasy about was that there is no noticeable menu screen or save file location. I don't know if I want to jump back into this game if a crash is going to put me back to square one. I'm hoping for assistance if anyone else has experienced this same thing.