Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Wow man, look at this pack of wolves and how dumb they act. Seems like there isn't any processing power left to handle the AI. :'D
    (I've encountered this by myself too and it kind of breaks the overall atmosphere imo).
    I really hope the framerate in this video isn't the same as on your device, otherwise I've no words for you if you're actually play this game at this state.

2. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Still Problems with Textures

Ipad air - ios 8.1.3
    First of all I want to really praise the developers of such an impressive damn good game. This game is awesome.

So all my problems and critics in the following are not gamebreaking. But they still give me a headach.

Second I need to thank the forum members and devs for the quick reply on my last post. But your solution didn't help. I did a hard Reset. Did even upgrade to ios 8.1.3. but still I get texture problems. When standing with the back to a wall or a building and i turn fast 180 degrees towards this elements, the textures of a roof or the wall are shown in the first moment blurry. Then after a second the final textures load. Just try it out with sesitivity set to 90% on the small village on the starting beach. Am i the only one who sees this?

Also After upgrading to ios 8 the lighting effects are much worse. Every ray of the sun gives birds or butterflys some sort of a shadow, that flys with them. In trees and standing objects this looks gorgeous, but with moving objects this just looks weird. Would be great to have some settings to turn of some of the lighting effects. This game looked more realistic before i have seen it with the metal support.

3. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    #383 rookie, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    not here to pick an argument but if you can't digest an opinion then hit the start button and switch off your computer,Your's was a useless post which adds nothing to the forum.

It's certainly not my device and yes I've tried shuting down,closing all apps and reinstalling,Even the youtube videos display clear framerate drops in the game,It's stuttery and becomes unplayable anytime there are zombies onscreen.

Any which way I'd appreciate if devs would clear this up.

4. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    How is that possible IPh6 and 5s pretty much equall in terms of power,Are they real or blob(circle) shadows?

5. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    #385 rookie, Jan 31, 2015
    double post.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nonsense. The iPhone 6 is far quicker

Please stop moaning. Contact the Dev via iTunes or contact Apple to get your money back. That'll be the best solution.

7. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    #387 rookie, Jan 31, 2015
  8. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Hope they add a performance option in an update. Would help with the battery life and my phone turning into a miniature stove. Otherwise it's refreshing to play a survival game with a point rather than just surviving to survive some more

9. ridiculousyj

ridiculousyj New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Seriously dude, go away and stop bitching and moaning. You lost whatever little credibility you had when you said the 5S and 6 were equal in power... just go back under your rock.

10. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    #390 rookie, Jan 31, 2015
    It's called having an opinion not bitching and moaning,learn the difference.

did you read the article or what? Seriously my question was aimed at the devs anyway since they aren't active on fb or email.And yes 6,6+ and 5s are pretty close to each other in power the benchmarks clearly indicate that,You've lost your credibility with this post if anything.I'll go back to hiding under my rock once you go back in your cave troll.

11. cnecula

cnecula Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Dev here

Hi rookie .thank you for buying this game.
    I'm afraid there is a problem with your phone. We tested 5s and it runs with 28 - 60 fps. Iphone 6 and 6+ are better (no time to explain why)
    The graphics are looking good for 36 square km also. Please refound if you don't like it, we don't mind at all.

12. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    thx for the reply,where should I apply for refund to apple or to you guys?

13. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Rookie, I think something is wrong with your phone. I'm running this on a 4 year old iPad 2 and its running just fine. No lag, no crashes, no overheating. It could probably run well on my phone as well but I don't have enough space to test it out. But anyways, does anybody know if there's a way to start a new game? Or do I have to stick with just one?

14. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Thx man for the reply,It's stuttering and lagging heavily also zombies make it almost unplayable.I'm redownloading again one last time just to see how it goes.Too bad I liked the game so far,Only if the fps and graphics were stable.

15. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Restore your phone.

16. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    When looking at your notebook, you can tap the icon at the left (the bi-directional symbols) to access some of those options. I haven't tried, but it may be possible to start a new campaign without deleting your current one. You can certainly begin a new one in this area, though, and you have some choices as to how difficult you want the game to be.

17. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    yeah last resort I guess,thx.

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    6 is 1.5x more effiecent than the 5s. That's the reason I held out on it, that and the design #

19. [SAB] Olek Impek

[SAB] Olek Impek New Member

Jan 31, 2015
    starting a new profile (eg: campaign) saves the current one and later you can switch between all your different profiles. One can be just exploration where nothing kills you, another can be adventure mode or even survival

20. rookie

rookie Member

Jan 31, 2015
    #400 rookie, Jan 31, 2015
    umm...no it's not,I don't know where you got that from.

quite unfortunate to see that devs are ignoring 5s users,first with battle supremacy and now this,Yes iphone 6 is around 6-7% more powerful but how can it run this game perfectly with shadows when 5s struggles without them,they clearly haven't optimized it for A7.I guess this is the last Atypical game for me.