Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Finally an answer to this!!

2. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    No me and you wronged them when we came out of the womb!

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I would really love it if the devs add a gamma option, It gets really dark at times and becomes nigh unplayable even with a torch if you use your device at around 25% brightness.

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    It is clearly unplayable at night, as much as I love this game, I had no other choices than dying at night to get back home, it's pitch black, ok there are no light, but you can still see a bit at night in real life

5. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    You can go to your map and click your camp it will auto travel you back to your base as long as there's no monsters around

6. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    You could set a waypoint to your house and leg it for dear life. The only time I've been caught out past my curfew, I was in the middle of a zombie village. I ended up jumping on top of a canister and bowing all the zombies around me until the sun finally reared its pretty head.

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    It's playable if you turn the brightness up to about 60%, but that is really unhealthy for long usage.

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Never mind anything bad I said about the first person hand amimations or w.e lol it's perfect

But what do you guys have planned for content updates? Not rushing by any means. Im 10hrs in and still have allllot to do haha

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #349 Nekku, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    This usually happens if your device is getting too hot up until the point where iOS automatically dims the brightness followed by giving out a heat alert message. Do you have your charging cable plugged while playing?

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It always worries me playing games that make the device hot as I know it's bad for the device and battery but still it is here to be used...

11. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #351 Frumius, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    No, no! That's not it at all. You have to craft it. Go to your crafting panel, tap on it, and it'll tell you what you have to have in order to make it.

You cannot make it first. This is because you have to first craft a tool to mine the ore. Then you gather the materials to make a Furnace. You put the Ore into the furnace, put some wood in there, and it'll make iron.

How to go about it:
    To harvest the wood that you'll need for the Iron Ax, you'll need to use a Stone Ax on a tree. Tap on the Stone Ax in the Crafting Panel to see what it takes to make that -- not much, I think only some twigs and some flint. You can find twigs and flint lying on the ground, and you can also get twigs from hitting trees with your bare hands.

You can use bare hands to get twigs from trees and fiber from the big plants.

This and much more on the Fan Club page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/608882895877849/

12. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Do save games sync between devices? If I deleted the game and later reinstalled it, does it pick up my save file like Clash of clans does?

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So just purchased and downloaded off to bed now and will start tomorrow. Any tips for me or advice for starting off on what I should aim to do first crafting or collecting wise or where to go ect

14. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I know how to make iron. But if you look at your crafting options, there's no option for making an IRON pickaxe. Only basic stone (or titanium, which you can't mine without an iron pickaxe or better). So, you can mine iron, but can't use it make a pickaxe.

15. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    If I go to my crafting panel, tap on the tools (top of the side panel to the left of the crafting panel), I will see Iron Ax in the top row. Tap that and it says how to make it. You can mine titanium with that and make a titanium ax. So you don't need to craft an iron pickaxe. Not everything that is useful is crafted, some must be found or captured. But if you don't have it, you can still obtain what you need with the other tools. Some tools you get from zombies have advantages over tools you craft. The INdustrial Ax, for example, yield 3 wood every whack.

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Does the game have some sort of structure as in a story with missions? (Kind of like Far Cry)

17. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    You can upload your save to the cloud and download it on another device. You have to click a button every time you do that though, it's not automatic. I haven't tried deleting the game in between.

It does have goals for you, a story, and an end you can reach, but no formal missions.

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Is the cloud their own server or iCloud?

19. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    this made me smile. my advice is to use ranged weapons like a bow to take on zombies as to not get infected or injured :)

20. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    iCloud :)