Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #321 Rip73, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    I'd very much have to disagree with that.
    The graphics are most certainly some of the very best you will currently see on iOS but it definitely isn't lacking in gameplay, quite the opposite I would say.

It is one of those type of games that if you put nothing into it, you will get nothing from it but if you invest into it, even a little bit along with a bit of time, it is a hugely satisfying experience.

On its own, it's a substantial technical achivement but the gameplay doesn't hold you're hand and tell you to go here or go there, do this or do that in a typical fashion.
    It actually requires you to get off your ass and go and do something on your own.
    It doesn't follow a linear fashion and is very true to an open world survival principle. Along with a campaign element.

If you sit around on the beach all day doing nothing, well, yeah it's a bit shallow, but there's a whole lot more to it than just the beach. You just have to go out there and find it.
    And in that sense, a game that doesn't hold you're hand and requires you to use your own initiative, it is a very satisfying game.
    Certainly one of the best I've come across in quite a while on iOS.

And even beyond that, if it continues to do well chart wise, I suspect we could see it getting a lot of long term Dev support and some very interesting additions which would only make it an even better long term experience.

Even as good as it is now, I think it has HUGE potential going forward and very much hope the team gets the necessary download numbers to do even more with it.

2. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I found one. It's at the military base which is at the bottom of the map I think.

3. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    For the devs....
    Are you guys planning on adding animations for when the guy is walking. It would look so much better if the weapons would bob a bit more when you are moving.

4. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    How's the story ? Pretty cool ?

And what does the multiplayer consist of ?

5. Benmanty

Benmanty New Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Does anyone know how to make an iron pickaxe

6. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    you can only get it as a drop from zombies

7. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Game is making my iphone 6 screens unresponsive

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    This first update is massive! Why is it so large? Almost a gig...

9. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    How do we disable the towers? I found a note right next to the lever with a six digit code, but it's not working...am I missing something?

10. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    It seems to be that the bigger the game, the bigger the update, even if it's only a couple of minor tweaks. Not sure why that is.

Do love this game a lot. It's thee best crafter out there for me. Gorgeous, eerie, and once you get the hang of it, which admittedly takes a little while, offers a world of huge possibility. It's a minor tweak, but I'm not a big fan of the screen going all black and blocky the moment you enter the water.

11. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Ok this game is amazing, beautiful and ... Super difficult?

12. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    dude why are u whining , if the update is big , means that it will really improves the game smoothness , u should have been thanking the developers for spending their time and made a great update fix . good riddance .

13. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I was whining? The dude above me mentioned big update sizes, and I responded. I don't have a problem with it... It is how it is.

Thank you, developers, for spending your time and making a great update fix. Good bug riddance! :)

14. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Oh wow.

15. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Just bought and tested: this game is awesome!!! Runs smooth in my iPhone 4S and doesn't warm so much. I hope to see many other updates whit other vehicles too...

16. iOSGamingftw

iOSGamingftw New Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Do you guys think you can add bobbing while walking. I feel like I'm floating when I walk. Lol

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yes I find it difficult too.

18. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Depends only on you.You can play a"hardcore"mode where all your equipment is lost after you die.

Second is the"normal"modus where you just lose your current weapon and the monsters are weaker.

Or you can just enjoy a sightseeing tour and concentrate on collecting recepes in the third difficult mode.No creatures will attack you.

I think everybody can find his personal taste :)

19. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Iron pickaxe is zombie drop only?!?! Such a crucial tool?!?! Are the developers sadists, or did I wrong them in a previous life?