Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No one notice? ;) UPDATE'S OUT!!!

What a frickin' difference it makes.

2. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    How does the save system work? I can see the option to push saves to iCloud but do you have to manual save?

3. Spam_TheChat

Spam_TheChat New Member

Dec 13, 2014
    No. There's no actual building. Crafting, yes, but not building. The game itself needs polish. A F***ING LOT. hunger drains like you had worms, enemies are easy to kill, d the ai is dumb. Foliage is clipping through whatever it wants, loot is easy (my first chest had a bow, hazard suit, arrows and food. Controls manages to be better than minceraft (intended) but feels horrible. It's a true example of "gameplay over graphics"

4. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    i played around in exploration mode and found it - cant be crafted, only found in military bases i think

5. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    a lot of the "issues" you mentioned are very much in perspective. the hunger drains at an appropriate speed compared to how easy it is to collect food (cooked meat is best). And with looting being easy? the military bases in the game are totally infested with zombies and you'll be thanful for every piece of equipment you have. when having only played a little bit of the game i thought the same thing, but looking at the bigger picture i believe the devs did a great job to balance the game incredibly well

6. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #306 Ghostdog1, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Bad update - Textures load too slow

Ipad Air 7.1.2 - After playing this genius game now every free minute within the last days, all went down after the maybe too fast delivered update.
    Since the update the textures load much slower. When I stand next to a building and turn fast around, the roof and other textures will load about 1 second after turning around. This really kills the atmosphere of the game. I restarted the app several times, but it stays this way. I have plenty Gb space left - so it can't be the problem.
    Dear Devs, please have a second look on your last update, cause this didn't happen till you came up with it.
    Did anyone else notice this problem?

7. cnecula

cnecula Member

Jan 29, 2015
    The multiplayer works but I think you are the first survivor nut who made it on the middle island :)

8. cnecula

cnecula Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Try a hard reset : hold the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously.

9. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes the MP works already. As far as I know "it's not completely done yet".
    So ppl don't expect anything cool yet. Just enjoy the single player that is awesome :)

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Has anyone found the crossbow yet?

11. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    Ghostdog1, there should be no difference in texture behavior. If you feel there's something really off with it you should try backing up your save files (either manually or with iCloud) and try to re-install the game altogether.

About multiplayer, paulkolin86 is right, right now it's not finished. It has no structure or game rules, it's more like free for all meet-up on the central island. We will definitely be looking for input from players about ideas on how to shape multiplayer up into something that feels part of the game too.

Btw, paulkolin86, GG for finishing the game, I think world wide you are the first :) [pop champagne!]

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Holy crap...Radiation Island broke into the top 10 paid apps. O_O Congrats!!!

13. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Thnx ;) I've had two free days.. and I found this game sooo addictive... ;)
    BTW I still have much to do in the single player. Fortunatelly the game let us continue the adventure.

14. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Are there new recipes or just the ones do you get from the beginning of the game?

15. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    All recipes for crafting are visible in the interface from the start but there are other items in the world which you can not craft, like weapons and better clothing.

16. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Number 1 in the german appstore!

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    This is their best work so far imo.

18. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Number 7 in U.S.

19. bear-man

bear-man Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Hey, how does this run on iPhone 4s? Instabuy if runs well.

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It's number 2 in the UK although nothing ever seems to move Minecraft off that number 1 spot.

In work tonight but picking this up tomorrow as I have all weekend at home chilling....hopefully