Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    The iron axe can bust the rocks that require iron instead of stone.

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    The shadows in this game are blowing my mind right now...

3. Orderhere

Orderhere Active Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Is this basically a mobile version of Dying Light?

4. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #284 Frumius, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    fixed the quote to show as a quote; I'd disrupted the bbcode.

Oh, my goodness. That page already has an album of "Spoilers" with the codes for ALL towers! Eat your hearts out.

5. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I just can't play games,that are designed arround a classic 1st/3rd view game (walking with the left and turning/aiming with the right stick) on a touchscreen.It's always a fight me vs.the controls and no fun at all.Simple example:how do you move with your left and right thumb at once while you need another thumb to attack?

For that matter i have a controller (and i love it) and the game even supports it.So,i would wait until they fix it and play something else instead.But i already found the sensitivity option so my biggest complain faded away.Just need a"invert look"option now (i'm a bit tired of looking into the clouds while my intention was to attack something close to the ground ;) )

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dude Dying Light is insane but yes I see some similarities :)

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You use your third thumb, of course! (Queue Battle Bears tutorial video) Or another finger.

There have been a few games to address this though, NOVA (and I'm thinking Mission Europa and/or ..?) where you can move your AIM thumb by holding down after you hit fire and you'll aim (while continuing to fire) Put the aim button a little closer to the center of the screen and it works great. Not so good in games with limited ammo though.

8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So I bought the game as well, but didn't have a chance to try it until now. I barely finished the tutorial because I can't find option to invert Y axis. There's nothing in the settings except the sensitivity. Does it mean the option to invert Y axis is missing? Or is it hidden somewhere? If it's missing, it's just a dealbreaker for me because I simply can't play. I'm pretty disappointed right now, but I still hope it's hidden somewhere and I'll be finally able to play. Thanks in advance for clarifying.

9. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    How do I craft thus?

10. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Yeah I don't see iron Pickaxe in the crafting menu

11. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    It's missing,i'm also struggling with the Y axis.I can imagine it will come in an update,their flying games or Battle Supremacy also have this option.But i hope they'll add it sooner than later...

12. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    It's going to sound stupid but it never crossed our minds that it would be an useful feature. Personally, I have no idea how you can play with the Y inverted for a first person perspective :) , but hey, I promise we'll put that option in there.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Exactly. It's not like it's a game where you also have to pitch and dive like in aerial combat games. So yeah... My nose is bleeding.

14. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    It's with you from the beginning, I think it's 2 iron, 4 wood and 4 flint or close to it. It's the 3rd option beside stone ax and pick ax, I think the iron ax serves as a more durable ax and pickax, at least that's what I'm using it for ;)

15. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Well, I grew up with the joystick and flight sims and it just feels natural. When I want to look up, I pull my head back like a joystick. Personally I don't understand how anyone can feel different. But it doesn't matter. According to numerous gaming sites and their polls approx. 25% of all players uses inverted Y axis always and 50% in flight simulators only. So I'm surprised the option is missing in FPS game.
    Good to hear you're gonna put the option in there, any estimation time for doing that? I don't know how time consuming this can be, but as a EU citizen I've got 14 days to cancel the purchase without a reason so I hope it's doable within this period. I just can't find any logical reason to keep the game installed for longer than that if I'm not able to play it. Thanks in advance and I appreciate the feedback.

16. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    It's an iron axe for cutting down trees... But where is the Iron Pick Axe?

17. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Like this picture says

Attached Files:

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Don't cancel the sale. Sounds like it'll be in an update for sure.

19. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #299 Crabman, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Lol,yeah i'm thinking the same about the"non inverted"players :D

Thanks for the confirmtion about adding the Option!

It doesn't matter if you are USED to play it with inverted axis in ALL games (not only flight games of course).Just imagine,other people might have preferences that differs from yours ;)

You nailed it :)

20. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Good news...When you complete the story you can still explore the islands.
    ATM I try to find out how the MP works. Unfortunatelly i'm facing some probs :/