Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I just wanted to drop in to say that this game runs fairly well on my iPad 3. I was even more surprised to find that my battery wasn't dead in two hours. I ended up deleting it from my iPhone 5S because I prefer playing on my iPad. The game loaded lower res textures so I'm getting solid frame rates while also enjoying a "cooler" device. The bigger screen is also quite nice. I was honestly surprised when I loaded up the game for the first time on iPad, since I'm running iOS 7.x and it's older hardware. I'm having a blast!

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #262 Nekku, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    I've played on pc for many years, squeezing out every frame I could get while monitoring the framerate with tools. It's still guessing on my side...I guess. I said around 15fps which means for the most part I've played it, could be 18 or 17, too. Doesn't make any huge difference to me cuz as soon as it drops below 25 it gets unplayable imo. Right after the start at the beach it felt extremely smooth and I was happy but then as I walked up the hill it became very laggy. A little wulf killed me because I wasnt able to aim accurately due to the low framerate.
    I don't complain at all, cuz the description clearly says that it's optimised for Metal, which my device doesn't support. That's also the reason why I wont rate it cuz I think it's surely great on higher end devices for which the game was clearly made for.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yup on my 6 plus its freaking amazing! Leaves following off tree's and butterflies or moths flying around its really great.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I have had zero frame rate problems on iPhone 6, 6 Plus, Air 2, Air, Mini 3 or 5S.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Been playing this a lot on my ipad but i just love it, just exploring and looking around etc ! Am SO tempted to get a new phone because of how good this game is (and hopefully future ones). Very impressed

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Hard reset, but try just shutting it down first. Like I said, it runs great now. Before, I couldn't even go near or in the water at the beach without it lagging really bad.

7. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Would like the feature to disable tutorial too.
    Can someone upload pic showing differences between Metal enabled devices compared to non enabled devices ? would like to see what im missing.
    It already looks good on my iPad 4, no lag, have fallen leaves etc too like someone here said. But with Metal I guess it must be awesome.

Playing explorer mode, first night , I did not know how to craft fire yet so ended in total darkness of nowhere, then I look up and wow... Starry night, awesome

8. swisssk8er1

swisssk8er1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 12, 2011
    Trying to import my iPhone 5 save to the iPad Air. I'm getting the error message: iCloud can not be reached, please try again later. It already didn't work yesterday and iCloud works in other games.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009

10. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    The update is being processed on the AppStore, should reach everyone in the next couple of hours.

11. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Now available in the US App Store!

12. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Love this game, looks,sounds and plays great on my iPhone 6+ and also on my iPad air.

Amazing value too.

Also glad to see it doing well in the app store (top 10 last time I looked).

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Doh I am at work with no wifi :( but I havent seen that bug anyway!

14. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I see many comment about it's amazing value, how it's price is low compared to the value they got etc. This is def good for "premium" games. Delivering games that exceeded people's expectations based on the price.

15. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #275 Frumius, Jan 30, 2015
    I found the code for the Central Tower.
    But I'm only gonna share it on the Radiation Island Fan Club page on Facebook ;) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/608882895877849/?fref=nf

Great for information on all of Atypical's games:
    Atypical(Revo) has made a bunch of Class A games, and a vast "Revoverse" has evolved around them, with the hubs of the Revoverse being the Fan Pages that the the Revo (Atypical) Beta Group creates and manages. The Fan Pages each have hundreds of members, and are alive with banter, tips, and developer/Beta Group interactions. Very valuable for fans of these games. Here's a list of the pages in the Revoverse, though there are many other player-made pages for the squadrons and brigades that have developed from their Sky Gamblers combat flying games, and their tank game Battle Supremacy:

Atypical Games Fan Pages in the Revoverse:

Radiation Island Fan Club:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/608882895877849/?fref=nf

World War I air Combat:
    Sky Gamblers: Rise of Glory: https://www.facebook.com/groups/219092471485288/

Modern Jet Combat:
    Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy: https://www.facebook.com/groups/376554915697487/

WWII Air Combat:
    Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/140906782719251/

Cold War Jet Combat:
    Sky Gamblers: Cold War: https://www.facebook.com/groups/149019495285627/

World War II Tank Combat:
    Battle Supremacy: https://www.facebook.com/groups/503857003045473/

Reno Air Races:
    Breitling Reno Air Races: https://www.facebook.com/groups/563176017147195/

The Revoverse also includes numerous satellite pages made by the players. These Fan Pages form the hubs.

[​IMG]

16. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Damn,how stupid i am.Thanks,now i can enjoy it much more!Still needs an"invert look"option though.

17. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    I've been playing on my iPad 3 for months without controllers, and I think the controls are fine. I have had no problems at all.

How come it's unplayable for you?

18. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    #278 Ozes, Jan 30, 2015
    I think it's like an incredible game but I have a few problems I have it's very hard to maneuver the controls are very difficult. After a couple hours of playing I'm still having a difficult time moving around

And the sliding

And haven't found recipe for Iron Pickaxe (but that's sort of my problem:))

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    ¡Muy Excelente!

Was unable to download this yesterday, procrastination for the win! :D

20. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #280 Frumius, Jan 30, 2015
    Well, you know from reading back a few pages that a fix for sliding is coming. [EDIT: the update is now available.]

As for the tools, select the item in the Crafting menu, and it will tell you what prerequisites you have to collect or craft in order to craft that item.