Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I know. I'm shocked. Just 3 dollars. Amazing value

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the info I think I'll pick this up tomorrow then as it does sound good.

Also thanks for the advice....although generally in games even I don't try to melee attack bears in the dark!

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    This needs one thing .... A Game of the Week Award.

Extraordinary game. Couldn't find my way back to my hut and got killed by wolves. Live the crafting in this. Love everything.

4. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #224 Frumius, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    You can make string from Fiber. You can get Fiber by using your bare hands or a machete to beat the larger bushes. You can switch to bare hands by tapping the item you're holding in its item slot.

Beating the bushes like that also yields a couple other leaves and flowers that are useful in making some health-related things.

I like upgrading my backpack as soon as possible. The more stuff I can carry -- weapons, medicine, bandaids, splint, ammo for ranged weapons, extra set of clothing (you often lose what you're wearing when you die), etc. -- the more confident I am. That requires Hides from Wolves, Mountain Lions, and Tigers. Each upgrade of the backpack gives you another row of slots for your stuff. We can make crates to hold our stuff, but you can't stay forever. You have to keep moving. You need to bring stuff with you. George Carlin knows all about this stuff. His memory does, that is, may he RIP.

One of the developers responded to that, saying to close the app and relaunch it. I've had it do that, but rarely. Normally one has solid footing.

I have an Album of Screenshots here on Touch Arcade if anyone is looking for some.

Also, lots of screenshots and discussion at the Fan Club page on Facebook.

Here's a fully upgraded backpack, with Stuff.
    [​IMG]

5. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Simply amazing game!! Attention to detail is great! Hard to believe you/we are playing a game of this quality on a mobile phone! Incredible

6. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    .... Again incredible! Awesome!

7. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    The wild will have to put in more effort to beat this masterpiece . Its really a surprise for this game to come out all of a sudden . Now Im a hardcore fanboy for both atypical and FM . Hooray

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Been playing this on my ipad. But i must admit this game alone makes me think about getting a new iphone 6. Loving this, early early contender for game of the year already !

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Holy crap, here I was thinking the sliding's intentional. I was on the verge of deleting the game. :/ So glad to here a fix is on the way.

10. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    I'm still impressed with the technology in this game.

This is the first iPhone game where I can see smooth edges and no objects who flickers all the time. So nice.

Do u use Anti Aliasing? So amazing. Please bring new content to this amazing games. Maybe building a shelter?!?

11. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Hey guys how will this run on iPod touch 5?? The frame rate?

12. Killerluffy246

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    What do u mean ? Is an update coming soon ?

13. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    It has been submitted, as soon as it's approved should reach everyone.

14. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Anybody know if the update fix the MFI controller sensitivity as well?I could live without the missing "invert look" option for now but i have to pause the game until i can turn faster with a controller,it's close to unplayable to me as it is.And no,playing such a game without a controller now is not an option for me ;)

15. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #235 ChokingBlue, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Crabman im playing with a controller too, there are sensitivity settings in the options menu if you press start :)

16. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    You can craft string from fibers from bushes, a few chests have them and dig dig dig, that shovel has yielded more than anything I have

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Will do!

18. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm really impressed by how high the skill floor is in this game. Atypical games usually are too accessible, to the point of being boring. This is definitely more my pace.

19. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    I'm really enjoying this game so far. I didn't expect it to be this polished tbh. The other survival games on iOS haven't set particularly high standards, but this one feels pretty good...

The bunny traps are hilarious btw. I thought I would have to place one and then come back later and find one bunny. While that works, I sometimes seem to attract a horde of 5+ bunnies instantly when I place the trap. So that makes getting food not particularly hard. :D

20. Killerluffy246

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Really ? thats great news again , but what does it fix ? Hopefully its bug and lag fix for some older devices such as my Iphone 5 ,I really want to enjoy this game as much as everyone does right now . :rolleyes: