Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    1.4 gb

2. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    1.4 gb is installed size

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    #203 sivad, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Air 2 does get hot, not scalding but noticeably warmer than while not playing, good for me since it's around 10 degree f here ;)

It's a first person survival game, similar as in crafting to minecraft, junk jack etc, make weapons and items to survive against the wild and radiation poisoning, as well as missions to disrupt the tesla towers on the island.

If you have heard of day z or rust on PC RS along those lines and of course zombies are involved.

Friendly advise, if you try to melee a bear at night with no torch, you might die, they are aay and strong... So I have heard ;)

4. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I'm just wondering about the hands and weapon placement/look lol none of those problems beside a little warmth (hot 1st time played) have occurred :)

5. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Not sure you can change it in current game, you can however from the journal, swipe left and load a new active profile to restart and set the difficulty that way. This early in you prob won't lose much progress

6. ugdvnr

ugdvnr Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Broken legs heal instantly indeed. Games are magic. That's how I got in love with them afterall. Except the ones that ask for 0.99 to do the magic. And 2.99 for the second time :)

Furnace needs fuel. You can use many things but the most efficient is wood or charcoal.

Packed size about 750Mb, on device around 1.4 Gb

Multiple profiles (games) can be started. If you find the game too hard in adventure (survival is harder as you drop all stuff if you die), why not try exploration - nothing harms you there.

7. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Very true words, legs don't heal instantly, you need a splint ;). Time is what is magical on the isle.

8. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    3 bucks for this! I can't believe it. Game looks too good for only 3 bucks. What's the catch?

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I was thinking the same thing! Lol

10. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #210 Crabman, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    first impression:very impressive,great athmosphere.Can't believe i bought it for this ridiculously low price.Obviously i really like it so far :)

second impression:great,they listened to me when i said "man,those pacific islands in Battle Supremacy look SO good,how cool would it be to play another type of game there" :D

third impression:

no invert axis option,PLEASE add one.
    Left/right turning is PAINFULLY slow (with a controller,didn't test without).
    Attack with the right bumper instead of trigger is...questionable.Would love to see at least an option to change that,best case would be:mapping the controls myself (like in Dead Trigger).

Awesome game nonetheless.

edit:and the german translation is awful,but i saw that i can switch it to english as well.So that's no biggie.

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    As far as I can see, there's no catch. I've only played this for about 20 mins so far and I'm already in love with it. It gives me a Far Cry vibe. This game is a steal for 5 bucks! I honestly would have payed WAY more and been totally happy with it. There seems like there is just so much to do in this game. I spent 20-30 mins playing and I never got off the beach. Just get it. You won't regret it.

12. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    3bucks

13. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Oh, I bought it. Just shocked at the price, is all.

14. rymdkultur

rymdkultur Active Member

Mar 9, 2014
    how does this play on ipad 2?

15. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Is this better than Survival Craft? Graphics are nice but gameplay is most important to me

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Are you saying you'll make it IOS8 only come the next update? :( I would definitely buy this game in a New York minute if it weren't for that. Still too many games I'm not willing to lose in the update. Pretty please keep it viable for ios7, too.

17. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Only played 15 minutes on my iPad mini and wow. This looks great, plays smooth, no crashing, and I don't even notice the floating. Really gorgeous game and it's on my mini first gen. Had to stop playing once my bulls starting playing. I'll try to find time to play this, but I'm barely catching up on my Black Friday games. I have surgery next week and I'll be out of work for a month so I'll get some good hours in then.

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. My bad. 3 bucks.

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I cant find string to save my life!

20. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Game has a lot of promise. Hard to do anything unless you are on flat land due to the sliding. Had a lot of fun completing some of the early objectives. Can't wait for the patch. Very impressed so far after playing about an hour.

My favorite 'feature' is it supports iPhone 6/6+ resolutions. Surprising how few games come out or are updated to run at native resolutions on the new iPhones. Toucharcade app is just one example of this.