Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    @Vovin

Thanks man I needed that guide!

2. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I'll tell you what, I think fat is the rarest dang item in the game or I'm unlucky... I have loads of leather and wool but can't get those dang bears/sheep to drop fat... I need torches!

3. mkat259

mkat259 Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Anyone else notice you can get infinite twigs punching trees instead of using a tool.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yes, I forgot to add that.

5. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    #185 paulkolin86, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Would be great if those islands were different... The only difference I can see is different location of towers ,travel points and chests. Well...This game is still awesome.

6. mkat259

mkat259 Member

Aug 4, 2009
    How long are the nights. I'm freezing my buns off on top a mountain right now. One wood left >_>

7. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This game is definitely gonna be a success,so we'll be seeing new updates in the future!:D

Long live Atypical!

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    bought simply because i love their other games (especially storm raiders) and i recently got into the terraria / survival sims.

Some minor tweaks:
    1) The characters hand and weapon, as well as the enemies, sometimes seem too superimposed on the terrain, not blending into the same background world. Like with a sort of glow. I can't describe it better, but it breaks the immersion a little bit.
    2) The gliding instead of walking
    3) The animals flipping on the terrain when they try to climb, ie. on the stairs of the starting hut, a wolf flipped on his side and was moving up. Also, another wolf glitched under the floor, and was attacking me through the wood.
    4) Some way to measure day/ night cycle and how long. Craftable solar clock perhaps?

It has room for some small improvements, but i think it's definitely a keeper! I will be very happy if they update it fixing those things.

9. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    try to carry enough mats for a fire in case you wander to far from home, in terms of time, I don't know how long the cycle takes

10. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
  11. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

Ok, as much as I die in this game it is totally worth the money. GOTW for me. Visuals are really good and the ambient music and sounds are nice.

12. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I am pretty obsessed already, but is it possible you guys are going to work on how the items/weapons look in the hands? I think the machete looks like a metal stick. The amimations are bad too, but that is really the ONLY thing I'm complaining about :)

Dev response would be awesome.

13. mkat259

mkat259 Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #193 mkat259, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    @sivad
    I survived the night haha. Made a fire and only had one wood left but sunrise popped up. Love his game :0

14. ugdvnr

ugdvnr Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I'm on dev side.
    First of all, let me thank you all for the comments (bad ones included), hints, support for other players and remarks.

Some important points:
    1. If you feel the character slides, please just close the app and restart. It's a thing we couldn't nail. An update is submitted that hopefully solves this.
    2. For device heat - only thing we can do is to optionally limit the framerate from the options menu. Would you like this? High end performance will always generate heat. The same stands true in terms of power consumption.
    3. By mistake, we didn't limit devices to iOS8. iPhone4 users can download the game. Obviously it crashes. Fix is on the way. Still, my advice is to not buy the game on iPhone4. The fix is intended just for the people that already bought the game. Don't want to disappoint.

On the fine tuning - work (and QA) didn't stop after submission. It will be improved similar to all other games we did and still support. Inside dev info: it's sometimes hard after one year in development to see things with fresh eyes.
    Day/night - day is two times longer than night. Still feels pretty long isn't it? Thinking about a rudimentary clock. Still my advice is: if you don't like the night, go sleep in any bed (existing in the huts or crafted).
    Did anyone remark fast travel?

Cheers!

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    What kind of game is it? What happens when you die and does it end or can you play endlessly?

Also as heat was mentioned anyone with an air 2 that can comment on how hot it gets? Nothing even makes mine warm at the moment.

16. Levanax

Levanax Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Anyone know how to use the furnace once crafted? It doesn't appear to be fired up. Do I need to add fuel?

17. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I'm in love with this game soo far, it reminds me of New Vegas with all the occasional funny glitches and the fact that you can break your legs while runnig away from a crowd of zombies and wild animals just to use a magical item that can repair your pair of broken legs right away.
    Now seriously, I love this game, keep your great work Atypical! Now I have to escape of a bear only using an irradiated book while I craft the world and storage it on my pants!

18. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    How many install size?

19. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    How do I change the difficulty? I put it on survival first thing and I'm gettin killed left and right.

20. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Put food or iron ore on one square and wood or charcoal in the other, product comes out on squares at bottom