Universal Radiation City (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, am i the only one here to have battery issues with this game???

wtf, bought it and played for half an hour and it drains the battery from 100 to 30%, and my 6S burned like hell... is it normal???

i've deleted it, can't play a game in that conditions, need the phone for work also, not only for gameplaying.

2. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #102 nkx, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    What's helped me is reduce graphics to medium. My phone still warms up but not as bad as when the graphics are at high. The game works great on a pro.

The developers of they are thinking of getting their feet wet in freemium they should create a radioactive city multiplayer. Where you join groups scavenge across the city for stuff then fight other survirvors plus zombies etc

3. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    The small building right next to it always spawns tons of duct tape and the garage has wires and scrap metal also barns seem to spawn wires and duct tape often aswell.

4. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Hmm that's odd I run the game on high(not max graphics but right under that) on my 5s and I played it for 3 hours straight today only dropped 40% as for heat idk I have a survivor case and it didn't feel to warm... but then again it is in a case so it might have been and I just couldnt tell.

5. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    there's nothing to fix, an open world game like this tend to be draining battery like this as it require the GPU run on max

play on APPLE TV if the battery thing bothering you so much

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

thanks guys, then i'll try with lower grafx and resolution, but it's a shame...

7. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    First impressions are very positive. No technical problems on my iPad air2 , the game runs fine with everything maxed and have had no crashes. It looks great and is much more focused than radiation island , almost like a mini fallout 4 on iOS. The audio in game is very good too, very atmospheric. First iOS game I have bought in , almost , 2 years .

8. crazychimp

crazychimp Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    There's only so much a developer can do to optimize battery life. People ask for games which show off there latest iOS devices with flashy 'console level' graphics and game play, then complain when the battery drains quickly. By definition, the harder you push the hardware the more power it requires. It's the same with most battery powered devices. Play Fallout 4 on your laptop and your'll be lucky to get an hour out the battery, read a book on it and your'll probably get 10 hours.

Turning down the graphics options will go someway to extending battery life.

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Maybe you don't have too I have the graphics on max on pro and works fine.

Maybe just have the option so people can choose

10. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I'm still enjoying this game the city looks great I even googled pictures of the real city - good job to the team.

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Anyone else having issues downloading the new update every time I try it fails and I'm on a good wifi signal not having issue downloading anything else or updating anything else
    It fails almost as soon as I try it
    I'm really enjoying this one great job!
    Update it works now all good

12. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Yeah like this is a huge step up from island. I'm finding ammo in the apartment building in the city

13. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    been updated :D:D:D:D

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    a lot better after the latest update. no crash so far on 7 plus. as usual my battery still drained fast but its no complained from me since i always hooked to the charger when playing this. ammo is getting easier to get. still found locked room with empty stuff but its no big deal because the other locked room can finally provide something usefull. i dont know if this is a fix or just a coincidence that i finally found the right spot.
    it'll be much appreciate if on the next update they can tweaks the vehicle control. overall i can raise the rating to 3.5 stars until they make more improvement to the game. thanks for the update dev.

15. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Anyone knows if the yellow bus is drivable?

16. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Dev don't reduce the graphics it's looks beautiful hinted on the pro

17. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    The game is a masterpiece. They only need to keep updating the game to fix bugs, improve performance and try to balance the battery drain but not ruining the graphics, so this will be really hard but I hope they do their best! I know they can.
    What else do you expect guys?

18. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Love this game. I've been hoping for a "sequel" to radiation island ever since I finished it. Couple of questions:

Where are the guns? So far I've only found pipes, bats and crowbars to use as weapons. I've found ammo laying around but nothing to use them with.

Also how can I turn off the tips that pop onto the bottom of the screen? They are driving me crazy!

A less important question, just curious: why can't we wield the kitchen knives as weapons?

19. batmania

batmania Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    I thought it was only me that had the reoccurring tips pop up

20. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Guns are in the military base but be careful as it's surrounded! Once your in the city I found many guns in the apartment buildings in the city