Universal Radiation City (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    It also has cloud saving which is nice.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Loving it so far. Loved Radiation Island too :)

3. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    Its first update is now live! 2GB lol
    So sad that they removed the beautiful icon from the appstore :(

4. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Take it for what it's worth, as with anything now days. Especially early access or digital, figure your getting what you pay for the moment you click download. Any post launch support is icing on the cake. At least that's what kept me from getting too upset about broken promises. Knowing what a cut throat and often times un lucrative media format this is, I take any post launch promises with a huge grain of salt.

5. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I love this game it is a lot like the stalker games with a little falloutyness thrown in there for fun like fast travel and what not. Also I like that there is a leveling system all in all a great game.

6. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hate the concept of "waiting for a sale" on already cheap mobile games, but I'm worried that my $5 will be for a buggy, unbalanced crash-fest.

So I'll either wait for a sale and take it for what it is OR await for some updates that fix the problems people are reporting.

On the surface, the game looks really cool, though!

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ditto. I can't remember recipes in any game with crafting for the life of me. In-game manuals don't help, only if there is a printable version. Even if there is...I'm out of toner and rather broke :(

8. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    they need to release apple tv version for this game

9. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Horrible animations, graphical glitches, cheap sound effects. Can't get into it. Deleated.

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #50 redribbon, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    i dont know how you guys compare this to radiation island but for me RC is a stepback from it. radiation island was fun and the objectives was very clear with amount of items that can help you to finished all the objectives in the game. but RC is way different thing. the visuals are great nothing to complain about that but the way they design the game is something that bothers me. i reach the point where i have to go to the military based where there is a lot of zombies and wolfs are waiting for me, also that fire thing and all the tough to kill zombies are there too. guess what, the only weapon that i can found is the simple stick. i have hand gun, shotgun, and ak47 inside my backpack with no ammo, and ammo? ive search every house on radius 1000m and i cant find it.
    the funny thing is they put a "locked doors" on every house and you have to craft lockpick to open it. ok so i manage to craft like 12 lock pick and start open every locked doors, here what i found so far:
    - empty room
    - empty room
    - dried apple
    - meat
    - wolfs
    - wolfs
    - dried apricot
    - apple

wat de...i mean, by scavenging all the scraps and nails already took me some effort, the lock doors supposed to give us more rewarding items, doesnt it? like more weapons, cool suits/gears to protect us, ammo, or maybe cool melee waepons like swords, baseball bat? but this?

i think im going to leave the game as it is right now, until they make a total change to the game.

ps. so i manage to find a jeep vehicle and drove directly to the based, i hit the zombie(with radiation suit) like three times and he still not died, but he back and hit my car once annnnndddd my car is broken.

i can add more to the list but thats not really important to me, like i said above , the game design itself is broken.

11. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Come on release this game on tvos

12. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Anyone could post some pictures of the drivable cars? Thank you

13. ugdvnr

ugdvnr Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Reading you

Hello guys!
    I'm from the developer. This is just to say that we carefully read the posts and try to improve things (glitches, design choices) and Toucharcade forum was always really helpful.
    One remark though - we cannot update (like add content) for previous games. It is not because we wouldn't want. We even did it for several titles, including Radiation Island where the building system was added for free. It's because of the model. The revenues don't allow it. Premium games are dying.
    Thank you all again for the posts!

14. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    What does this even mean?

Premium games are absolutely NOT dying. Now, if people want to point to games that are $0.99 and not doing well as an example, that's their own problem. Because quite frankly, if a game is a well produced, complete, and cohesive package, people will buy it. But if you release a buggy, broken, shoddy piece of work, you're going to see very limited sales and even less retention.

I think everyone WANTS this game to be good, but as you can see from most of the remarks in this thread, the released product is severely lacking. And with so many high quality iOS games coming out right now, you can't really afford to push a product to the app store that isn't 100% ready to go.

Hopefully you guys are able to get it together and get this game up to snuff. The app store could use a game like Radiation City.

15. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    The premium games are not nearly extinct, your games are those that draw attention at the beginning and lack quality and development is something else. If you get better games and better genres, with better gameplay. Believe me they would stop complaining. But just look at your catalog in the AppStore to support my opinion.

The clearest example is the high sales of rockstar games all that they sell, those of square enix, among others. If you sell quality content, with history, depth and playability you will sell a lot, but if you take half games, with a little depth and a half-obvious story, you will not do so well and less if you do not invest in advertising to know your game. Why if people do not know it. Does not exist.

16. Quicksilver524

Aug 25, 2017
    Troll!!
    If you think premium games are dead you would not make great games, you would also produce elsewhere. Last game sold well over 3k copies. If you were a dev, don't bash the system. I'd pay for DLC as well as more games. I bought day one. So will the next 3k of people from the previous game.... especially because there is MFI support!
    So troll on troll

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Who are you even directing this at.

Lol, 3k copies. Good luck living off of that.

18. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    #58 Luckithroe, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Can't imagine why so many Devs avoid posting on these threads lol.

I recently played one of the best most immersive space sims I've ever played on IOS (it was a port of Sundog Frozen Legacy). I was surprised to hear that the developers had absolutely no intention of releasing it on the App Store, but they explained it wasn't worth the headache and expectations of free updates that would be needed when they basically just ported it for themselves and their friends to have an amazingly deep space opera in their pocket.
    Sadly that wasn't the only case I've seen of such madness. I am to this day trying to persuade him to consider releasing it for the masses, but sometimes I feel I can understand where they are coming from.

Sorry for the long winded post but this thread made me think of that particular scenario. I'm just glad he was kind enough to allow me a copy to play. Just wish the experience could be shared with like minded people who would also appreciate all the work that goes into making such a (while rough around the edges at times) gem.

Now if I released any of the toy projects I work on, that would without question be a good motivation to get out the pitchforks and torches ;-)

19. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Is that for these "Big developers" 3K sales in a game that although many liked, I find a mediocre more than supposed survival seemed to little. Oh God, what did they expect for 30 million copies? As if any of their games really made a difference, if they made better stories with better gameplay something that really impact there if you complain and expect better sales. But if they do not do that, they're more proud they sold more than they deserved. Sassy

20. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    Damn I need a backpack! Where you guys found it ?