Universal Race for the Galaxy (by Temple Gate Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skoptic, May 3, 2017.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Could someone comment on how this compares to Race for the Galaxy and Terra Mystica please? I'm in the mood for a decent board game but not sure which way to go?

For help, I'm mainly a single player type of guy and enjoy a sense of progression/building during my game - playing cards for bonuses etc, creating stategic hands or following a certain strategy etc.

And I'm a sucker for good graphics and solid UI.

Thanks

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    *checks question, then checks thread title, then checks question again*

Yep this compares quite well to race for the Galaxy :p:p:p:D:rolleyes::cool:

3. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Lol well i think he might have wanted to write the question in the TtA boatd. Byt if the question is between RftG, TtA and Terra Mystica... I would say TtA. I know cult ofbthe new and all bit, bear with me. I have all three and Terra Mystica is great because all factions have different powers, but that is it. RftG is amazing becausee it is short and sweet. But TtA has tons of challenges for singleplayer, has 3 lvls of AI,lots of game options to change. So if only 1, i would say TtA, unless you like shorter games, then go with RftG. TtA a game innfingle player can last an hour an hour and a half, RftG you can play a game in 10-15mins.

4. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Lol! This will explain why I couldn't find my question in the TtA thread - I knew I'd posted it but thought the TA app had thrown a wobbly and not processed it properly! D'oh!

Brilliant, thanks for the responses guys - yes, that makes my decision a lot easier......basically I need all 3! But for the sake of my wallet, I think I'll go with TtA first as I like to have games with a sense of pregession or at least a focus.

5. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

This has just recently started to crash on me. It crashes as soon as I set my (local) game parameters and press Start. Resuming a game also causes it to crash instantly.
    iOS 10.3.3 iPhone 7plus

6. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I just purchased Brink of War.
    It arrived.

7. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Anyone else unable to activate the prestige actions? I can't get them to toggle on at all. iPhone 7+ ios 10

8. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    As far as I know you can only use a prestige action once and only if you pay 1 prestige.
    Did you try it as you owned at least 1 prestige?