Ra has been submitted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by amn624, Oct 29, 2010.

1. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
  2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    can you post more information on your game? I doubt it will be accepeted in 5 days but keep your fingers crossed. gl

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    How does Ra differ from Medici? And also, will this game be implementing online multiplayer?

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Ra and Medici are pretty similar, which is probably why the devs released it since they can update the code used in Medici and reuse it.

The rules are more indepth but if you're interested here's a link to download the pdf of the Rules http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/6057/ra-pdf

There's no online multiplayer on release but I'm not sure about future updates.

Ra is also Universal which should be good news for those with ipads

5. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Not my game, just been waiting for this ever since it was announced in development.

6. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks Vegan, for the helpful link.

Definitely looking forward to this release.

7. codito

codito Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    iPhone developer
    Ra released, Medici on sale

We wanted to make sure to mention that Ra is available now!

Also, Medici HD is now selling for a reduced price, and Medici for iPhone is on super sale for the next week to celebrate!

Happy gaming!

8. codito

codito Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    iPhone developer
    Happy holidays!

We've dropped the price on Medici and Ra to celebrate the holidays and this big announcement we made yesterday:

http://sageboardgames.com/?p=115

9. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Whoooooaa...you guys got the license to bring Puerto Rico to iOS? That's amazing news! I know you will do a great job with it!

10. codito

codito Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    iPhone developer
    Well, it's been too long in coming, but the latest Ra update is finally here!

This release incorporates OpenFeint, which is a widely adopted service that provides:

1) Leaderboards
    2) Achievements (there are over 40 you can unlock in Ra!)
    3) Turn-based (asynchronous) online multiplayer play

You'll need to create a free OpenFeint account (you'll be prompted to do this the first time you run the new version) and then you will be able to challenge other OpenFeint players to play Ra online with you (an internet connection is required, of course.) Tapping "Play" on the main menu will now give you the choice to play "local" or "online" games. You can start up to 12 simultaneous online games.

Once OpenFeint is enabled, playing solo, local multiplayer, or online multiplayer will allow you to unlock the achievements which range from the very simple (win an auction with a full tile track) to Herculean tasks (score 15 Pharaohs.) You will also post your score and ELO rating to the online leaderboards when completing a game.

Buy Ra now (if you haven't already) so you can "put the Ankh" to friends, family and even strangers across the globe! Sales of Ra will help us bring you Puerto Rico, updates to Medici, and much much more!

11. codito

codito Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    iPhone developer
    Hi folks,

We wanted to let everyone know that our "March Madness" sale is on now, and will run until April 4th.

By then, we hope to have our next game "Tikal" out, and while we may run a launch promotion in conjunction with that next release, you definitely won't see prices any lower than this!

Happy gaming!

Codito Development

12. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

I was personally hoping that Puerto Rico was next on the list, but I'm not surprised it's a (somewhat) smaller, lighter game instead. I would guess that P.R. is a pretty fair challenge, coding-wise.