Universal R-Type Dimensions EX (by Tozai Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Hope somebody in my friends list decides to step up and actually challenge my high scores :p

2. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Super Hydorah .. CONTROLLER SUPPORT.
    R-Type 1 & II - CONTROLLER SUPPORT.
    Sterendenn - CONTROLLER SUPPORT.

Does Dimension EX support controllers ?

Skall likes this.
  3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Not yet, but I'm pretty sure I saw on either their website or Twitter that they plan on implementing it.

Draven2222 likes this.
  4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =X
    Hehe.
    I haven't bought it yet. I have it on Steam and still have the DotEmu ports of 1&2 on my phone, so I'm still in debate mode with this one.
    =P

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I’m somewhat relieved you haven’t played this version. You almost always decimate my scores in these types of games :D

I’ve managed to complete stages 1-3 (R-Type 1) without losing a ship, but things go downhill pretty quick after that.

One thing I really appreciate about this port are the custom button layout options. I moved the “force” and “shot” buttons from the right side of the screen to the left side so I can move with my right thumb and use force and power shots with my left. It would be a nice touch if you could remove some of the buttons (like slow, fast, etc. - the ones I never use) altogether, but instead I just moved them all the way to the left side so they’re barely visible.

A good tip for beginners is to make full use of the force probe, making sure to attach it to the back or front of your ship as the situation demands. Also know that, after launching the probe, you can call it back by pressing the force button again.

syntheticvoid likes this.
  6. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    The only great thing this version over DotEMU version is speed, or better, able to slow things down on newer hardware. Controller support is missing and I hope it can be added back soon!