R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cccee, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I love you so much right now! :D It worked! Thank you!!!

Mine did too, but I did just what killercow said and restarted my iPhone and went directly to settings as fast as I could when the phone restarted. It got stuck for a millisecond then gave me the option to sign out. Signed out and opened a game. The game immediately brought up the Game Center bubble asking me to sign in. It worked right after signing in from the game.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

You're welcome and that's exactly it, you need to go straight into the settings app after the restart.

3. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I go straight into the setting app like you said, but mine is still freeze, so i turn off the passcode to get to the setting quicker :D Yes, i can access the game center now xD but after i press Sign Out, the loading circle is rolling forever xD if i choose the difference tab in the setting, the setting app will freeze again xD

4. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I also cannot even access Game Center in settings. With the first iOS 9 update Game Center broke on my iPhone 6. With the second it broke on my iPad mini 2. Now I have two Apple devices I can't connect to Game Center on. It really makes me mad that Apple kicks back and lets the money roll in from device sells and App Store purchases, while letting this bug continue to ruin our gaming experiences. Apple should have fixed this already.

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    #145 Mr. Charley, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    I've already had to redo this trick again this morning (sigh) but at least it's a workaround

6. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Actually, I found some topic of people have the same issue as us when i google it, and he said that, the Apple support told him to install a new fresh lastest iOS and don't recovery anything about apps eg: savegame, profile,... of the previous device, just install fresh copy of the game from the store and play from scratch, that make the Game Center working perfectly :D nice one Apple :cool:

7. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Tried it 13 times...doesn't work.

I have also tried the method that is suggested above and that worked for a bit and then I loaded Dashy Crashy and it's broken again.

Could the users that think this method work load up Dashy Crashy and see how you go please?

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

It worked for me a few times. Now it's not working at all again. Freezes on the Game Center tab in settings...

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, cow's suggestion works temporarily. It's stopped again completely. Meh...I've come to terms that it'll work when it works and couldn't care less about GC for the time being now that I'm not forced to delete my apps through Settings.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Can anyone would couldn't even access the game center subcategory try that? :

1) Disconnect from wifi/bluetooth
    2) Restart your device
    3) Go directly into the settings app and the Game Center subcategory
    4) Sign out

I think it works better without being connected to the internet and you should be able to reactivate afterwards (and play more than just one game center game...). I'm still trying to fix the damn thing in a more permanent manner...

11. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #151 Jerutix, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    I've missed Game Center. Hate to say it, but I kind of miss Open Feint right now. Apple just seems to care so little about gaming; I'd rather have my achievements and leaderboards tracked by someone who does.

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Apple came in late to the party, pushed the others out of business, and now must have gotten bored with game stat tracking. They've moved onto much more important things like subscription music streaming services and iWatches.

13. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    It's so sad to see GameCenter ignored for so long now. There are so many games that are high score games and I and so many others can't compete any more.

14. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'm not rubbing anything in anyone's face but mine is still working. I restored a couple weeks ago. On the Air 2 where I had the problem, GC registers but I have yet to click on the app itself or go into the settings and click on GC. On the Air 1 where I never had a problem, I go to GC, all achievements sync including the ones on the Air 2. On either device, the GC logo appears when running a game as well as the achievements on top. I only use the Air one to check leaderboards and achievements. I had been back and forth with the "genius" engineers at Apple and they don't know the answer how to help others and tell them to restore.

A few suggestions after a restore.

1. Do NOT download previously purchased games that are no longer available in the App Store.

2. Do NOT install more than 2 games at once.

3. Do NOT move the Apple installed apps around on your iPad. Just keep them where they are.

4. Finally and most importantly, when you use a different Wifi connection other than the one you use at home, that can cause a problem. You can try it out but definitely restore network settings before playing.

People should not have to go through this crap!!

If you send me a PM or a question here, I will try my best to help.

15. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Rang Apple again this morning and they said take my phone in to them and swap it for a new one. This will be my 3rd phone with the problem. If that doesn't work they said I can get a full refund on my phone if I want and my iTunes credit which is around $650 put back into my bank account. I'm almost out of this #!

16. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I remember competing with your Zen Pinball scores way back in Open Feint days.

The roughest one for me has been Bonza. It won't open without Game Center logging in.

17. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    To Jerutix:

I had the same problem with Bonza. Frustrated me because it's my favorite word game. Since the last update, though, it started opening again, even though GC is still dead. Same thing with Bonza Nat Geo.

18. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Aaaaand GC not working again.
    I'm certainly not going to keep restarting my phone multiple times a day just to have GC work for a bit.
    Until a permanent fix is found, I'm done with GC on my phone.

19. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I don't care much about the Achievements. I do miss the Leaderboards though. Gives you incentive to improve your score to. Have the comparisons to others.
    I also miss the games with Daily Tournaments which require GC.
    And to think I was a strong GC supporter. I don't like to use Facebook in my gaming. I find Facebook too intrusive into your personal info.

It's so sad how Apple has abandoned GC.

20. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Oh good! I'll have to reinstall them. Thanks for the update!