R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cccee, Dec 3, 2015.

1. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

That's pretty accurate. At first one reboot would fix it, but after a week or so no amount of restarting would do it. If the restore trick eventually fails i am fine doing it over. The 15 minutes it takes is nothing compared to the frustration of half your games not working.

2. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Did the restore through the computer and gamecenter is working again for the moment. I also am now on the beta 9.3 and still everything is fine with around 10 games installed.

#

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yay!!! DONT install all your baziilions of games. :eek:

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Day 5 - and Game Center is still cooking with gas. It's like welcoming back an old friend.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Still working for me 3 days in, but to be honest, my iPad usage was lighter than normal last weekend.

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Did the restore from backup via the computer on Saturday night. Game Center is working so far! To be honest, though, I guess I'd gotten so used to not having it that I'm having to readjust. I had sort of moved on. But, for now, I'm glad my phone does all the things it's supposed to do.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am wondering if the whole thing is a server error issue. Its not like people were not doing restores before. I know Ramon restored a bunch of times, now it works? A server issue would behave this way, an OS issue would not.

8. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    #408 ramon31, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Gamecenter just froze again, but I reset and now it's back again for the moment.

I have never reset through the MAC before, I held down the power and home while connected to MAC for full restore.

Maybe this has something to do with it. I didn't use a backup, clean restore.

Thanks for the new tips from previous posts, didn't know about the restore holding down power and home button while connected to MAC. Great tip!

Hope it keeps on working #

9. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Gamecenter is fully broken again!

I'm done

#

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guys, why do you bother? Let Apple sort their shit out.

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    alot of games wont launch without it, and some of us love our achievements so there's also that. my reason? both of the above.

12. jayplay

jayplay Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 21, 2015
    Entrepreneur
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Seconded.

When I got my iPhone 6S in September I decided to do a clean install, didn't restore from any backup. Everything -- including GameCenter -- worked like a charm until a few days ago. Suddenly, my Game Center froze, the White Screen of Death appeared and now I'm officially screwed. If I reset my iPhone to factory settings and won't restore from a backup, I'll lose all my progress in games, all unlocked characters and stuff. This is simply an unacceptable solution for a lot of people.

13. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    #413 giantfart12, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    I just backed up my phone from my computer and Game Center still doesnt work. Is there something I missed?

14. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    My advice is don't waste any time in it, wait till Apple fixes the problem. I've been fighting it since September with minimal joy.

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    You made a backup, completely nuked/reformatted your device, and then restored to no effect?

16. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Because Apple probably doesn't bother, in the first place.

17. giantfart12

Oct 5, 2015
    I didn't "nuke" or reset my phone to factory. If I do that, then back it up will it delete my data in my apps? I know it reinstalls the apps, but if i have a completely local game with no cloud saves, will that data be deleted? Couldn't find a clear answer online for that.

18. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    it honestly saves all save states etc on games as long as you back up first. I am, quite sadly, really enjoying having GC back. I really did miss it the big saddo that I am.

19. giantfart12

Oct 5, 2015
    Thanks man I will try that out now!! Hope it works!

20. giantfart12

Oct 5, 2015
    And its workingb for now! Thanks guys!