R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cccee, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    This is the most annoying thing I've ever come across. I cannot play so many games. I'm so p*ssed off with Apple. 2 updates and no fix wtf? I'm taking my phone to the Apple Store just to see what they say.

2. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    They will say that they have never heard of it and tell you to restore your phone.

3. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Let's click that submit a tip button at the top of the toucharcade site and let toucharcade know just how many people are having this issue. I've already submitted mine.

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    That's a start at least. A pathetic start...honestly they should be embarrassed.

This is ridiculous.
    And to think I used to only want to play games with GC.
    Thanks Apple for fixing that mindset for me! Now I only want to play games that don't have GC! Good job! ;)

5. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Thanks apple I purchased Code Name STEAM for the 3DS and its better than 99% of the apps you have available. Without the GameCenter problem I would of never made this purchase.

As for Code Name STEAM as a game, I'm not sure why it got such terrible reviews... it's actually pretty good. Picked it up for a cheap-as $23 Australian today. Bargain!

3DS all the way people, forget about iOS and move on to premium games with an ending.

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    My app deleting seems to be fixed now as well. For the
    Moment anyways. The reasoni went iPhone instead of galaxy is for games . That seems to be broken now.

7. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    When I go into my documents and setting to manually delete stuff, I've noticed I have a blank app called "null" 26.9 mb. I can delete it but it comes back as soon as I recheck my storage manager.
    I'm assuming this must be some trace of the GC bug? Everyone else have this in their storage???

8. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I don't see any Null files in my App list, but I'll keep my eyes open.

I just submitted this issue to Touch Arcade and one other similar site that often addresses issues with Apple devices and software.

9. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What website . I'll do the same

10. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    App Advice.

11. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I used to have a null file, then I fully restored then it was gone. GameCenter still didn't work tho.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nah, it's nothing to do with Game Center. Do you remember deleting an app that was 26.9 MB recently? If you do compare the app version (1.0, 1.1, etc.) to make sure. Re-download the game and then delete it again. The null file will disappear.

13. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Damn. I haven't checked my storage manager in months. I have absolutely no idea and no idea on how to find that app. At least it's only 26.9mb!

14. Dan A

Dan A Member

Aug 27, 2015
    same happening to me as of tnite, cant play Star Wars..and i dont want to have to reset my device...ipad pro...then install the many apps i have again

15. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Problem is that doesn't fix it most of the time anyways

16. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Full clean restore setting up as a new phone, then signing into iCloud later to get your contacts, photos etc back will make GameCenter work again for around 2-3 days. I've tryed this 12 times all up. Now I've just given up completely. And just mainly just use my phone as a phone.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Weird and sorry this has happened. In my family with 6, 6plus, 5s, 5 and 4 s, also with ipad 3, ipad air 1, no one has issues.

Understand this is a known happenstance, just strange that not everyone is affected.

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Lucky bastage!

My iPhone 6+ is still fine but both my iPad Air and just purchased iPad Pro have been hit by this.

I really find it odd that I'm having the same issues on my iPad Pro as I didn't use any sort of restore function to set it up and at this point I only have a small fraction of the games previously installed on my iPad Air on this new system. I was fine the first week or so with my iPad Pro but then one morning, BAM, the cheese was back.

Does anybody know if Apple techs can remotely wipe your GC profile clean? I'm willing to bet having a zillion game records on file is breaking something and would be more than willing to totally reset my GC profile. I can't do this myself when I can't access GC.

19. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I created a new GameCenter account after I restored one time and it froze up just like every other time, after about 2 days. So that is not the problem.

I've tried everything, every combination. It's an apple problem and there is no way to fix it yourself.

The engineering team got in contact with me after about a month of silence asking for more info. They have no idea!

20. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Well when you see mobile gaming is down in revenue . It's not because people stopped playing clash of clans but 30% of the people can't buy anything because locked out of gamecenter. Maybe we contact that developer and ask him if they care that they aren't making much money now and tell them why. Problem solved that hour