R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cccee, Dec 3, 2015.

1. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Could you at least navigate Game Center?

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The first time, but after following all steps a second time, switching to the "Games" tab of the GC app just spun endlessly while wi-fi was disabled and then locked up once I re-enabled it.

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Can't load the list of games up after using the method listed, just continues to try and load.

Doesn't work for me.

###

4. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Mines work since the fix

5. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    So here we go- power off- in place of hard reset- keep in mind that I don't take responsability for any harm to your device

6. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    I am just experimenting with my ipad- the problem of Game Center is with your of line log in - the Datas get trapped
    Such as your pass and I'd-
    It's not server base

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So I had another issue with Game Center, No game would log in. I did the hard reset, and everything worked again. Very weird that there are different levels of brokeness.

8. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
  9. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    When you are in airplane mode go to GAMECENTER/ turn/ or challenge
    Turn on Internet and press turn if you where on challenge, and challenge if you were on turn- go to game and let it load

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    No go even this way, I swear this thing now senses my feeble attempts to get around it. As stated earlier I was at least able to see GC load in a game the first time I attempted your steps but now, other than letting me load the GC app itself (which was previously impossible without going into Airplane mode), I just get a white screen if I hit any of the tabs to different sections, not even a "no internet connection" error, and at that point, coming out of airplane mode makes no difference.

11. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Doesn't work for me, it just freezes when I turn the internet back on.

#

12. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    When you are in airplane mode you
    Should have
    No game
    No turn
    No challenge
    - this are the no connection error and based on your system give it a 12 sec to 32 sec window - to load-
    Keep in mind if you have a game like implosion which is unplayable without Game Center the AirPlay mode will let the game start

13. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Is anybody using I amazing

14. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    When you are in airplane mode you
    Should have
    No game
    No turn
    No challenge
    - this are the no connection error and based on your system give it a 12 sec to 32 sec window - to load-
    Keep in mind if you have a game like implosion which is unplayable without Game Center the AirPlay mode will let the game start

15. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Welp, was fun while it lasted but after being able to airplane mode/ sign out/ sign back in method working for awhile, its no longer working for me :/

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    #356 Mr. Charley, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Ok, this may sound crazy but..

I did the whole airplane mode, no apps in background, turned phone off/on.
    Went into settings/GC and logged out.
    Turned wifi back on and went back into settings/GC and it asked for my password as always. That's when I noticed it had capitalized a letter in my email address. I rewrote my email address all in lower case and GC is working again on my phone.
    It's been 2 days now that I can load a game, go into the actual GC app and see friends and their games.
    Not sure if this will last (probably not) but let me know if you can actually get to log out of GC, if it somehow adds a capital letter to your ID and if you manually correct it, it works...
    Frick I feel like I'm off my rocker and lost my mind typing this...

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    My issue as of today is when in airplane mode with no as running hitting logout on gamecenter just gives a never ending swirling circle. Rebooting device again shows still logged in.

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Not sure that the case makes a difference, but for me the key was being logged out of game center(not me logging out, but somehow being logged out) and signing back in, and for some reason it worked. In the 3 weeks or so, had one episode of it not working, but a hard reset made everything right.

19. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

This issue is driving me nuts. I've tried both betas and the issue is still there. I would love to just turn it off, but several games seem to need it to sync between iPad and iPhone like dungelot. The only thing that works for me is a reboot or 8, and then it will be fine for a few hours.

20. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Important question- if I factory reset my Air 2 for the final time, will the iOS be 9.2 or 9.2.1.?

GC doesn't work on my f*cking Air 2 IOS 9.2.1 but is has worked on IOS 9.2.

However, GC works intermittently with my Air 1 Using IOS 9.2 so I'm wondering if it will work on the Air 2 as well.