R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cccee, Dec 3, 2015.

1. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    Yeah, as usual, until there is enough media coverage they won't do a single thing! Makes my blood boil!

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    This!

3. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Great article - i just got a couple of Landsliders challenges but get the white screen of doom on my phone. I still haven't bought a game since my game center stopped working - which makes me wonder if my wife is behind this whole thing.

4. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Same thing happened to me. I had to delete a few games that I played regularly and had $ invested in. Now at least a few times a week I will download a game that will not start no matter what I do. Happened on my iPad mini 3. If anyone figured anything out please message me!!! Thanks

5. Rigel

Rigel Member

Mar 12, 2015
    I had this happen to me and found a fix that so far has been working on my phone. Seemed weird, but I was willing to try anything at that point. Hard resets weren't working for me.

Turn off Set Automatically under Date & Time on settings.
    Set back the clock to a few days earlier.
    Turn off phone then turn back on.
    Go back and turn the Set Automatically back on again.

Game Center has been working ever since. For what it's worth.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While desperate and up to trying anything, sadly, this did nothing for me.

7. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Yeah same here. I tried no luck. Hey I am just happy to find out I am not alone. They have to do something soon if it is affecting a bunch of us. Good luck all. I will try anything if anyone has any ideas.

8. Fearless77

Fearless77 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Gamer?
    Same problem here,started on 9.0.2 but it could be temporarily fixed by restarting,but after updating to 9.2 nothing seems to fix it,it's really wierd that they haven't released a fix yet even with so many people having the same problem and tons of pages on apples support forums.

9. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Microsoft is a much better, company than Apple .

10. diaskeaus

diaskeaus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    You guys should have left the comments open on the article. Developers like Apple only respond to brute force.

11. Rigel

Rigel Member

Mar 12, 2015

Sorry that didn't work. Have you tried putting it on the ground, going around in circles and shaking a pretty stick at it? Apparently that has as much a chance as anything else to fix it.

12. webdaffy

webdaffy Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Potential fix found?

Potential fix found?
    I had the same issue (white GC screen) for now more than 4 weeks (iPhone 5 with iOS 9.2)

Today something very strange happened:
    I've installed the updated SkyBurger app from Nimblebit and right after I started the app
    the GameCenter log-in screen appeared where I had to enter my user & pw .

Problem seems to be solved on my device as GC works fine again for all apps.
    I can't believe that this is really related to the Skyburger app but wanted to mention it anyway, who knows...

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I hope you are finally cured of this nonsense, I've had a couple of these sudden repreives for no apparent reason but they never lasted more than a day or two. :(

14. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    As I mentioned above in a previous post it was actually SkyBurger that broke my Gamecenter for the 14th and last time. I'm not restoring again.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Question for people whose GC suddenly crapped out and then worked again, or for people who has GC that has stopped working altogether-

Before GC stopped working or between it working, not working then working etc, have you installed any brand new games? Do any of you have more than one device?

I restored my Air 2 with no problems "so far". I download one app at a time and I make sure the original release or last update is on or after Nov 2013 to make sure the apps will work, with the exception of bestsellers such as the Angry Birds series. iOS 7 is when the new GC logo appeared and it was slightly changed. That was Fall of 2013.

My IPad Air 1 seems to now take a while for GC to load but it eventually does. On the one time it didn't, I did a soft reset (simply turned it off) and GC was back.

Unfortunately if you have any of the awesome Jeff Minter Games installed, your GC will break down bc of the age of the apps.

16. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Interesting, I don't know if specific apps/games/developers are to blame, but I do have several Nimblebit games and a Jeff Minter game installed - but like I mentioned previously, once I was able to log into GC and get games working across multiple iOS devices, I have not had any additional problems which I think for me is due to avoiding opening up the actual GameCenter app itself - that was when I noticed problems starting for me.

17. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thanks Wrath, hopefully my Airs will still work w GC today even though I opened up GC last night and all worked.

I will try them when I get home today from work and keep my fingers crossed!

18. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Desperate as I am, I gave this a try and it actually worked! Installed the game, played it for a bit and GC didn't connected. But then I rebooted my iPad and tried running another game and the GC welcome message appeared again! Maybe it's just because it was the 100th time I rebooted this week, but anyways I'm keeping SkyBurger installed for a while! :p

Thanks for sharing!

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

When you reboot it generally works for 1-5 games. Then it crashes again.

20. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Yeah, I know, but it had been broken for a couple of days now, no matter how many reboots I did. Maybe that game clears some cache or something.

I previously had it fixed restoring from an iCloud backup and it worked for a month or so. Really hoping for a permanent solution from Apple sometime soon, because this sucks too much.