R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cccee, Dec 3, 2015.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Any ideas on what you did to solve this?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I did a hard reset, then when i turned the phone back on, i had to sign into icloud (not sure why I got signed out). I was then able to sign out of and sign into game center. Makes me wonder if icloud is somehow involved. I have been up and running since. That has worked (temporarily) for at least one other person, but others it has not worked.

I have suggested, and some people have also tried signing out of, then back into icloud to see if that works. it hasnt. I guess variations on somehow clearing memory and signing out ot and back into various services and see if any of that orks. Seems like it is some sort of memory issue as clearing everything does seem to fix things, even if only temporarily.

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    My gamecenter has broken again, downloaded and booted up Sky Burger after the update and bang Gamecenter broken.

I still think it's something about the version of gamecenter the game uses. They must of updated the game but not the version of gamecenter.

I'm over this, I thought I was fixed but I'm back with you guys again.

Ive gone above and beyond for a fix to this problem and now I just can't be bothered.

Please everyone that has a problem report it to Apple, just give the support crew a call. This is the only way it's going to get fixed.

If TouchArcade could report the problem with an article that would be great. We support you, could you please support us?

Thanks and take care all.
    Have fun.

4. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #204 forsakenxe, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Hey Guys,

I have Hand the Problems multiple times now. First I had it right after the update to iOS 9 and lived with it for a couple of weeks before doing a hard reset (Cause nothing else worked). It worked for a month or two without an issue.

3 Days ago it started again out of the blue. Nothing worked and I did not want to reset everything again and starting from scratch (reset + do not restore from backup) was out of the question.

So I contacted apple support. I told them I already did all the usual stuff (login and out of GC does not work as it freezes my iPad), Restart via home and power button did not improve it, and now it is back after resetting it completely.

They told me that they have forwarded this to another level of support and they will get back to me by the end of the week hopefully. Shortly thereafter it started working again. For a day at least. Yesterday evening it stopped again. Today I restarted the iPad again (home button + power button) and now it works again.

I have no idea how some things affect the issue now (they did not before my reset + backup thing) but maybe it is worth checking out for you. I would strongly suggest trying everything that was recommended by other users in this thread as it seems, at least for me, that some of these things that did not work before do work now - weirdly enough.

Also definitely contact apple support! They seemed very helpful and I definitely think that they are working on a fix, as it definitely seems to get better.

Would also appreciate a front page article, maybe somebody knows about this issue and some more ways to resolve them. Would not hurt to make apple more aware as well.

Thanks for all your posts guys! Hope we can "survive" until Apple fixes it.

To;dr:

Definitely contact Apple support.

Try to reset your iPad + do not restore from backup. Then try to contact Apple if it still does not work for you. A Force restart (home + power button) seems to kinda work then.

Cheers!

Edit: thanks for the front page article guys! :)

5. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    I waited for a fix for ages and eventually just restored from my latest back up. All seems to be working again now.

6S with iOS 9.2.

Weirdly, my iPad Air with the same OS never suffered from it.

6. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I haven't been able to use GameCenter since my iPhone 6 Plus. There have been moments of recovery however if you do a few reboots eventually it will let you open GameCenter. But it's all back to white screens after your next reboot.

One solution to the games that just wouldn't open (for me) has been using the public beta. It doesn't fix GameCenter. But it does allow me to play more games it seems.

As for the games that just won't load at all I have worked with the developers of each game I just Had to play in order to fix it. So at least I could play those games. Recently SFB Games of Haunt the House: Terrortown and Futurework Studios of Ace Maverick. Both developers went above and beyond either by making me special beta versions to test until rectified. Or by keeping ongoing correspondence with me until I was able to run the games.

And that's just the recent Devs. This is an annoying issue that I've had to just simply get past. But why Apple is unable to fix it on thier end baffles me as well.

7. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I've been having this problem for so long I just delete games that won't load automatically, and don't even bother trying to install games that mention game center integration anymore. (Race The Sun, sob...) I can't believe this is a thing.

8. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I had that too. Reported in beta. Was so glad they fixed it finally.

9. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I saw this on the front page, and it reminds me of the problems I saw with Star Wars Uprising over the holiday week. I figured it was Kabam's fault, but it sounds more like an Apple thing now that I've seen so many other people complaining about it.

I'm guessing it's a server-side issue, and they'll fi it quietly without telling us, like they often do with this kind of service issue. Wankers. :rolleyes:

10. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I had GameCenter break on me back in the Fall when this all started and the common thing I noticed on the two iOS devices I had the problem was that I had opened the actual GameCenter app (once on purpose to check a notification and on the other device touched the app icon accidentally).

Ever since I managed to get GC working again, I have been extremely vigilant not to open the GC app itself and haven't had any problems since on any of my iOS devices, fortunately.

11. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Hooray! A front page article to add exposure! Thanks, Nathan and TA!

12. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    GC has never totally locked me out, but it does every other kind of craziness and annoyance.

Apple needs to address the cloud side. Something is amiss when so many intermittent issues happen, of so many weird varieties.

13. Xanthos

Xanthos Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    when it happened to me last year, i changed my apple id's password and everything starts working again.

14. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Read the article on the front page today. My Game Center has been broken for a few months now. Pretty frustrating. I have not been able to find a solution that works.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    So far I've been lucky haven't had any issues whatsoever w Gamecenter but I can only imagine how shitty it would be. Apple needs to figure this out pronto and while I'm at it Apple needs to realize the value of their App Store and take gaming much more serous especially considering the money they are making from it!

16. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I have been getting the white screen of death for the last month or so. When I try to go into Gamecenter through the settings, it just opens back up to the white screen. I haven't had that many games that aren't working because of the problem, but I have had issues with being able to unlock content with certain achievements and getting to keep progress.

17. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thank you, thank you, thank you Touch Arcade, for the great front page article! The extra exposure should help Apple kick it into gear; at least I am hoping so.

18. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Yep. Doesn't work at all on my iPhone 6+. It just sits there with a tiny little "1" notification. It mocks me!! I can't get rid of it! My OCD flares up every time I look at it.

19. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Oh. :( You poor soul. That would drive me absolutely insane. Can you turn off notifications for Game Center and get rid of it?

20. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    Been having that issue ALL day, and low and behold, the Apple System Status page is all 'green'. What a FREAKING LOAD OF BULLSH*T that page is!!!:mad: