R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cccee, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    They aren't fixing it. U would be surprised how many people are sitting back not doing a thing and hoping other people will report it.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Apple outdid itself. Congratulations!

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It allowed me to load the GC app ONCE...then crapped out again. :mad:

4. choocs

choocs Member

Mar 30, 2012
    I just updated to iOS 9.2.1, and initially Game Center was still broken...
    But by some miracle, it has started to work again. I rebooted my iPhone, managed to sign out of GC through the Settings app, and sign in again.
    Only time will tell if this is permanent or not.

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I would love to see a front page article on this issue bringing more attention to it. GC has continued to work properly on my iPhone 5c but has been broken for weeks on my iPad Air 2. I seldom play games on the phone though.

6. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I've been saying this for ages. More attention to this issue is needed. So far I've seen very little except in various forums like this one.

I wrote to Touch Arcade and also App Advice, since they too write about iOS gaming. It was a couple weeks ago and I've heard nothing back.

I've been told to just do my gaming on other types of devices by some, but I've got a lot of time and money already invested in my iPhone and iPad. Giving that up is not an answer.

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This issue has caused me to cut way back on my gaming. I am reading more and perhaps Apple wanted to encourage this.

8. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    All part of the plan.

9. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Dittos.

10. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    #190 DonnyDJ76, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Slewis, cccee, others, I couldn't agree more. WTF is Apple doing!? This needs more exposure but I haven't seen any on all of the gaming websites. I don't know why. One can argue that if I have other handheld systems and consoles, I should just play them.

That's not the point; It's the principle!

I received an email saying there is nothing they can do regarding refunds or compensation anymore.

I'm not finished with these genius ignoramouses. (Oxymoron intended.)

"I am standing up for my rights as a consumer!"
    - Michael Douglas, 'Falling Down' 1993.

11. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    The other issue with GC being broken which I haven't seen mentioned is you can't restore purchases since those are tied to your GC account....not cool I tell you.

I can only imagine gaming websites are not touching this topic for fear of pissing off the mighty Apple corporation. I don't understand why it wouldn't be covered if not for that..

All this GC broken fiasco has done is turn my iphone 6 into a dedicated Hearthstone gaming machine... ;)

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Is jail breaking the answer? I've never done this and would have no idea how but maybe Apple will get the message then. I never had a problem with 8.4.1 and like others here I'm sick of Apple's sh*t.

Or should I gamble on iOS 9.2.1?

It seems like people on my GC list who I know that jailbreak do not appear to have this issue.

13. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Jailbreak will do nothing and there is no tweak available which will fix this issue. I have three devices which are all non-jailbroken and GC is working fine on either of them.

14. Dan A

Dan A Member

Aug 27, 2015
    I bit the bullet today and reset my iPad to factory, the only real bad thing was I lost all my landslides characters. Have reloaded all my apps and games, I had 7 pages worth of games to reload....it just started to frustrate me to much not to be able to play multiplayer on some of my fave games. Didn't do a restore, just reloaded everything from scratch, and also at the time it broke one of the latest things I put on was test flight and Star Wars so leaving those off.

15. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    If you read the multiple threads on this topic you will find that this method will work for 2-3 days and then Gamecenter will break again. Once the device is infected there is no coming back from it. A new device with no restore is the only recovery. I'm a veteran on this topic with 13 restores on 4 different iPhones.

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That's unbelievable. So much for Apple so-called quality.

Congratulations!

17. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Mine broke right after installing Test Flight and one beta game too. iPad took a little longer, but I wonder if Test Flight is related to this. Tried deleting Test. a Flight and the test game,, then restoring. Didn't help though.

18. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Apple is turning into Microsoft II.

19. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Getting a new phone and not restoring isn't gonna fix anything permanently. My iPhone 6+ was a fresh new phone and I never did a restore, and Game Center is totally defunct. Resetting used to work for awhile, but that does nothing anymore... There is nothing we can do about it till Apple pulls their heads out of their $&@" and fix it...

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Not sure this is true. My iphone 6+ had GC break, and it started working again and has been at least a week or more without problems. Its possible it might break again, but I am not having the "typical" experience for whatever reasons. I feel your pain though.