Universal R.B.I. Baseball 15 (by MLB.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I hope this is really good. Had to delete GarageBand and lose some recordings to get this lol! 2.1gig, yikes! Not that I'm complaining. This has been a stellar month for iOS gaming and the month isn't over yet!

2. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #22 Gambler, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Giving the worst possible review because reading the first two sentences of a game description is too much to ask? Yikes - Very fair and very clever ...

3. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Yay! Now I can play a season with my Orioles and pretend like we're the best team in the division!

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow like people already said you can change the setting of the fielders to actually move them yourself. That is amazing because I really dont know of any other IOS game that you can do that, I even made a running slide catch that was awesome.

5. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    The AI cheats!! I was playing with the NYY vs Orioles. Top 9 I was leading 2-0. Bottom 9 Orioles score a GRAND SLAM to take the game 4-2. How come the AI couldn't score a run all game but in the bottom 9th a grand slam?????.

A good game but I didn't like that at all how the AI can make such a miraculous comeback in the last innings to take the game and that was on easy mode.

6. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    That's a dick move. It says right in the description that iPod touch is not supported. So you haven't played it and know nothing about it, and still you give it a 1-star rating to deter other people who might enjoy the game. I cannot stand when people do this. Just get your refund and learn to check compatibility before you hit buy. Fail city for you.

7. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Here we go lol. Took forever for it to process.

8. dudeguypal

dudeguypal Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Enjoying the game so far. Few problems tho. Anyone experiencing lagging thought the game? I'm on a iPhone 6 plus and notice slow downs frequently. Second is anyone noticing that the base runners are ridiculously slow? I hit a ball into the left center gap with billy Hamilton(the fastest player in baseball) and got thrown out at second very easily. This has happened quite a few times already. Other than that the game is pretty great. I love that they added stat tracking and save and quit

Edit- also the fielding controls are a bit slow. And the buttons could be bigger, or allow us to customize size and position for the buttons

9. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Can we please forget about the ridiculous iPod compatibility comment and focus on gameplay impressions? I agree it's an absurd complaint when device compatibility is the first thing you see in the app description, but I'm more interested in gameplay. More specifically, how does this compare to last year's version? Is it still near impossible to bat and score? Or have they improved on that aspect?

10. dudeguypal

dudeguypal Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Well in all 5 games I've played, I've won. Some where blow outs like a 8-2 shelling with 4 homers and others that where 3-2 nail biters. Overall I have to say hitting is much improved. Now the base running on the other hand is not great

11. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Fair enough, I didn't.read that, I only checked the Requirements section, where it says iPod Touch IS compatible. Quite unreasonable of me, I know. Well, I guess tat taught me.

Why do you all have to scream like babies? A simple oversight. Geez I hate geeks.

Attached Files:

12. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I apologize.

13. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    This is an excellent game for mobile. It's got all the licenses and updated rosters. It plays quick so you can pick it up and play a couple of innings if you're a casual player in the go.

Physics and graphics are all great and the AI is good although my first experienced looked like it cheated.

I'm leading 3-0 now so if I lose again I'll be asking more questions about the AI.

For now, it's way better than Mlb Perfect Innnings which I deleted as its so full of IAP crap they've ruined the game more an IAP buying market than a baseball game.

This is the real deal and enjoyable. 5/5 stars from me.

14. TanRnet

TanRnet Member

Feb 10, 2013
    That's a shame. Why play when you can't even do what I could 30 yrs ago with the NES game. It should have offline/online multiplayer and then I would buy.

15. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Yes, welcome to sports, where things like that aren't odd or out of place at all. Not sure you can blame the AI for that.

16. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    The video is private. Can you make it public?

17. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    I have only seen screenshots and the graphics looked really bad and to simplistic compared to MLB perfect inning. Am I wrong?

18. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Wow, 2 TA users who haven't even played the game go on to rate it 1 star. Valid complaints or not, that's very misleading to other users. Based on what I'm reading from people who have actually played the game, it seems like a vast improvement over last year's edition. Now all I need to do is free up some space, they're not playing around with that install size.

19. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Much improved from last year's release. Nice touch that they put the stadiums in there. My only complaint is the huge file size...

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Fixed. Sorry 'bout that.