Universal Quiz Tales (by Krabwerk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sazonov, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I am in addicted love with this game!

For an educational trivia type game, Quiz Tales is just plain fun!!!
    It is obvious that a lot of hard and creative work went into this.
    The characters are cute and loaded with personality. The noises add a fun cartoony realism.
    There are different levels of play. (easy, medium, hard). The categories are random (I think). And; there are many to include; history, geography, life and even gaming!!!
    Easy to play. You are given multiple choice questions that you answer with a simple tap. Your character faces another game generated character. When you get one wrong, the other character makes fun of you in a way! It is funny! Depending on how many questions you answered correctly, determines how many coins, stars or other items that you win. You can use the coins to open other areas or purchase outfits and, I think; power ups. I believe the stars are for leveling up?
    You also end up in boss battles with harder questions and less time to answer. There is so much to this game!!!
    It is definitely one that will teach you without you realizing it and help keep your brain sharp too!
    There is also a multiplayer but I haven't tried it yet. Although, there has been plenty of laughs (and groans) in my house while everyone shouts and stares at the iPad screen playing Quiz Tales!

Constructive Criticism:
    Sometimes, different items are earned like burgers or computers.......Also, in the 'shop' I can purchase, with my earned coins, the burgers, globes, etc.... I don't know what these are all for. It's as if there's this missing piece to the game because of this. Maybe descriptions, in game, would help? I know if I understood it better, it would be a better motivator to keep coming back to play.

2. Sazonov

Sazonov Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Thank you for your kind words Lavender! The thing with power-ups (items) is that they partially protect you from the categories you are not strong with. All you have to do is equip these globes in hero's house (the one with level/experience bar on it). I guess we could do better with interface and tutorial. On the other hand, many players won't need these items before there's a new harder and unforgiving mode. Still, there are globes that grant you extra gold and experience, you may use them to progress faster.

3. shock517

shock517 Member

Mar 23, 2016
    multiplayer mode?

The game is fun and addictive, but can I get some description about the multiplayer mode? how does it work, searching for a player and play with him in real time?
    I am trying hard to reach Lv17 to unlock it :)
    Thanks

4. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Thank you!

Currently in PvP it's only simulated - you beat real players' performance (how good and how fast they answer on particular questions). So you get to compete for your place in your country and also in a city. Rules are a bit different, time will matter: if both answer right but one is slower he will still be damaged. And it's double damage for incorrect answer.

5. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    It's now live worldwide! Also updated. The PvP and group modes are now much easier to open.

6. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    Looks like fun. I always like trivia games. I'll bite! So, what's the IAP for?

7. YoshinoAi

YoshinoAi New Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Can i still get a promo code?

8. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    They give you gold and you can buy expensive cosmetic items like other characters, some hats. Another use for gold is opening new modes, but you don't need much gold for that. And items which don't give you a lot of advantage.

9. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    It's free and you can download it from any country now.

10. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Very nice game! I think it's the best of his genre i tried; pity so far doens't seem to be much competition in pvp (art least in my country); anyway, having fun and doesn't seem like there is any paywall for now; i guess in-app is just for cosmetic (and it's definitely not in your face; didn't get any message trying to sell me coins for now)

11. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Thank you for your kind words! I confirm that it's mostly cosmetic items, and you can also slightly boost the progress. There's no pay-to-win options in PvP as well.

12. Theoraine

Theoraine New Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Bali, Indonesia
    Love the game!

Just got it a few days ago and I couldn't stop playing! Although i might have an issue with the game... In PvP mode it says my country and city are detected automatically (I live in Bali, Indonesia) but it said "Surabaya" as my city otherwise. But I don't mind it anyway. Keep up the good work! ;)

13. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Thank you for your kind words! We can fix that for you, send me a personal note with your account id (find in settings of the game).

14. joqs

joqs New Member

Jun 18, 2016
    A must play

Loving this game. I have played a lot of trivia based games but this one is one of the better ones. I love the game play and the mini games within the game.

Only downside is android compatibility as most of my friends who want to play this are all on that platform and couldn't stop playing on my phone :)

Other than that and the current max 45 limit, game is very entertaining and kudos to the support on this as I got replies to all my questions from within the game.

Awesome job Krabwerx team and looking forward to the updates!

15. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Thank you! We will raise the limit next week. If there's any feedback or concerns - please let me know.

16. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    hi, i have a question on the group game; i'm currently paired with some person that doesn't play... even if i get all my answers right i can't get close to the jukebox; is there the chance of changing partner or starting different slots?

17. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Hi! It's one of the bigger issues at the moment, will take time to improve. Short-term fix may be a button to put you into a new group made of other people who did the same. Proper way would be full group controls, with leaders, ways to kick and invite players etc, but it will take longer to do it.

18. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    updated

- re-balance - more gold in PvP and lower prices for some animals
    - important UI improvements, like tracking quests
    - duel mode improved
    - and several bug fixes

Feel free to suggest changes for the next update!