QuitIt! Contest! The "Lumpy Thinks Christmas is the Time for Giving Gifts Contest"!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by mobileben, Dec 8, 2009.

?

Which Gift is the most Gift-rageous?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2009.
  1. Black Hole - drelbs

17 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Box of Flies - spidey146 (strangely appropriate for his name!)

10 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. Egg that hatches into something good or bad - Devilishly Good

19 vote(s)
    15.3%
  4. Magic Carpet - hardcoregamer

44 vote(s)
    35.5%
  5. Play Dough - abruce42

13 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Robot - Mr Crazy

45 vote(s)
    36.3%
  7. Toy Car - akame

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. Water Fuel Rocket - akame

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I did the good and bad idea first and everyone is copying it :mad:!

2. Hermanator

Hermanator Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Ha, and you end up spraying Lumpy in the eyes and he gets some sort of allergic reaction to it....:eek:

Man, spidey, you're really out to get Lumpy aren't you? :eek:

But Lumpy's a trooper, he says it will take more than that to scare him! :p

Well, Mr Crazy, you know you have a good idea when it starts to seed other ideas! ;)

3. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

;)

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Re: Coconut

TRUE STORY:

The other night we ate at a vietnamese pho restaurant and the coconut my wife ordered was PURPLE on the inside.

The owner was happy to substitute a different drink saying, "yes that looks purple to me" leaving us to wonder why the guy who cut it open didn't notice (or bother to tell someone so they didn't serve us a funky coconut! :mad:)

I don't think we're gonna eat there anymore. ;) Which is too bad, as they have great sho ba (that's braised pork belly for those who don't know - with a layer of lean meat, a layer of fat, and a layer of very crispy skin, and delicious!)

[​IMG]

5. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    Mr Crazy, they say imitation is a form of flattery...

That picture is funny ... yet scary. Lumpy was scared, only because he thought it was possible for the cookie monster to break through the door to get his stash of COOOOKKKIEEES!

Oh Google, is there anything you can't find? As I started to type in "coconuts and p" it instantly auto completed to purple! Apparently that purple is a mold!

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/blog.php?b=11742

BTW, Lumpy was happy that you ate pho ... as you know, he loves the stuff!

6. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    #46 akame, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
    How about a Basic Rhythms Piano for xmas gift for lumpy? Lumpy can strike and play any songs. A song book will pop out with the user to play. Strike the wrong note and Lumpy's piano gets confiscated or Lumpy gets tortured by 5 pokes.

[​IMG]

Brightly colored unique piano with ABC's and music notes molded in and raised for fun. Letters on key model real piano key notes. Piano plays in two different modes. Music sheet notes are color coded so child can learn to read and play music. Built-in slot holds sheet music. Built in handle.

OR a snowball launcher? I was thinking instead of poking lumpy now, the gamer can use a snowball launcher to shoot at lumpy and lumpy have to dodge the snowballs. It is like Matrix Neo but it is Lumpy!

[​IMG]

This toy blaster makes and launches softball-sized snowballs up to 50', allowing rapid, long-range assaults during neighborhood snowball confrontations. Simply place snow in the forming chamber and close the lid, and it packs three perfectly spherical snowballs. To blast your mark, place one snowball in the muzzle, aim the launcher, and pull back the slingshot mechanism.

Or a remote- controlled toy car?
    Fast-Lane RC drivers can take the wheel of the ultimate R/C experience with this miniature ATV that reaches scale speeds of 225 MPH, performs awesome stunts with self-propelled flipping action tires and has the ability to drive on almost any terrain, including land, water or snow
    [​IMG]

7. Hermanator

Sep 3, 2009
    That would be cool.. Maybe each time you buy the toy piano, it is a different key that is bad. That way you don't know which one it is and you have to figure it out also.

Snowballs....I like it.

So what are you thinking for this? You get to control the car and Lumpy has to dodge the car when it passes by?

8. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Seems like you read my mind. The remote controlled car can be used as a toy for lumpy to play with or for the player to hit lumpy with. Each time the car hits lumpy, he will have scold some words in lumpy language.

9. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Would also be funny if Lumpy was riding on a tiny little car :D!

BTW, one other thing ... EP5 will not be a Christmas update, because it would not be possible to finish, submit, and have Apple approve it in time. EP4 is our planned Christmas update.

For those that haven't seen the EP4 trailer .. you can check it out here!

Everyone keep the great ideas coming! This is the last day of submissions. We'll start the poll tomorrow ... hopefully not too late. Really depends on what time I wake up :D!

10. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #50 Devilishly Good, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
    I know I've suggested them before but...

portable hole - we could drop gifts/toys into it, lumpy could jump into it and fall back into place from the ceiling with a neat animation

[​IMG]

drinking bird - it could swing back and forth tapping on lumpy if it was big enough and perhaps it could turn into a real bird with certain conditions

[​IMG]

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Inflatable Clown:

Lumpy having a bad day? Give him one of these so he can do some poking!

Makes Lumpy happy, but ZYRX doesn't like it (jealous) and will bite it and pop it!

[​IMG]

12. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler

Those were good ones! I especially like the drinking bird!

Hahha, the inflatable clown looks oddly Lumpy shaped!

Also, for those that don't know yet, EP4 is now out!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=36818

13. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    how about one of those balls hamsters go in and lumpy rolls around and gets sick

[​IMG]

14. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    when does this contest end?

15. Hermanator

Sep 3, 2009
    That's funny. I could see it now. I wonder what happens when he gets sick....umm on second thought, maybe I don't wanna know.:p

16. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    We're taking entries until midnight ... then we'll open a poll starting tomorrow probably till end of Monday for the finalists. So if you're interested in ... you have time :D!

17. Hermanator

Sep 3, 2009
    Tonight (12/11) @11:59pm PST. So there is still a few hours for you to submit your ideas.;)

We'll be starting the poll tomorrow.

18. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ZhuZhu pet - but since it's copyrighted, its really a ZooZoo pet and while it looks harmlessly cute...under the right conditions, it becomes a dangerous creature...

[​IMG]

19. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Play Doh!!!

[​IMG]

Lumpy would open it up and If he's happy, out would hop a bunch of mini lumpies (whoa that just sounded like I meant poop lol) and big lumpy would dance with them, bounce up and down with them, or juggle them all etc.

If lumpy is in a bad mood then he could:
    A.) Pull out the play doh and throw it at the wall, at ZYNX, or probably at the screen where it would stick then slowly slide down with that noise (you know what one I'm talking about! lol)

or

B.) The container would spawn little deranged evil lumpies who would attack him by throwing themselves at him or latching onto his body with their teeth and then when he shakes them off there would be little bite marks with empty spaces on his body like this:
    [​IMG]

hope you like my idea!

20. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    #60 akame, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

How about putting Lumpy on top of a xmas tree as a decorative piece? Then everyone will sing a xmas song then he can only be released at the end of the song...:D

or a water fuel rocket? Turn ordinary tap water into clean-burning fuel – and launch this rocket up to 200 feet high. Lumpy will be an astronaut but he will land with a blast! The rocket will fly around the house and out of the window and into the neighbor's house. Each house he enters will be random.

[​IMG]

OR

a talking cash register . Help Lumpy setup his lemonade stall and earn cash! Or give money to him before you can poke him lol. He can use the cash to get himself a new gal friend or some toys to play with. When he gets a gal friend, they will sing a song together.
    [​IMG]