QuickOffice is out!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by organerito, Apr 18, 2009.

1. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
  2. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I've got it. The "edit" button on the main screen seems to crash the app every time, even after restarts/reinstalls. However I believe this is an OS issue as I'm running OS3.0 beta3, and I'm seeing the same issue with QuickSheet, and that was fine in previous builds. But for now I can't access my iDisk because of this.

First impressions of the doc editing are very very good. It's very smooth, has the main functionality I need such as fonts & font colours, bulletting, cut/copy/paste, landscape editing, very fast scrolling for big documents.

I just hope apple fix whatever is causing the edit button issue in the next beta so I can access my iDisk again.

I'm kinda confused as to why they are charging £11.99 for this when QuickSheet is £3.99, so one would assume QuickWord would also be £3.99, which would make it an additional £4 just for the luxury of having both apps in one package. I don't see what other features QuickOffice provides over the standalone apps. A bit cheeky if you ask me. But i guess it's a reasonable price for a full office suite.

Will be interesting how the soon to be released Documents To Go from Dataviz compares. Knowing me I'll probably end up buying that as well! I have a problem...:)

3. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    odelay you may have a problem ......but as long as you keep reporting about it at least the rest of us dont :)

4. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Well, so long as my addiction is benefiting others, then I'm happy :)

5. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    Is it possible to check spelling?

6. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

A review in the app store says you cannot check spelling and the auto-correct spelling for the virtual keyboard is off as well. That's seems like a big mistake to me. This app looked good, but odelay is the only positive review I've seen so far (and even he says there are bugs.) Hmmm. I'll wait and see.

7. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    Ok thanks!

I'll wait also. It seems that Dataviz' documents to go app is coming in May.

8. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    So now that the update is out and it allows to send the files via mail: Does this actually work for someone? I tried it several times and none of the mails arrive the receivers.