Quick Ipod Capacity Question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LawLessLove, Nov 19, 2010.

1. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    #21 TiltMyTouch, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    I also checked out the games you said you were interested in having, and the unpacked size total doesn't even come to 500MB. After unpacking, you'll probably hit that mark though, but it definitely gives you an idea of what you can put on it.

And to clarify something I said earlier, backtothis is right. You actually get 6.8MB, not 7MB, of free space, but still, after you take out 4.5MB of your music and aforementioned games, and you'll still have 2.3MB open.

EDIT: Should mention I didn't factor in the size of Aralon. That hasn't been released so I don't know how big it will be :p

2. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

There's gonna probably be more music that you wanna put on there as you discover more stuff, so I would say 8gb is only for meat heads with no music taste. Additionally, games are probably going to increase in size as they get more complex so you will have enough space for about 4 decent games. You might as well get a pack of cards instead.

3. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    It all depends on the type of user. If I only kept the albums I'm currently listening to, and the apps I'm currently using, I could get away with an 8GB (or a 16GB, since I'm an iPhone 4).

But I like to have around 10GB audio (high quality - a lot of lossless, nothing less than 320 kbps) and always have a wide range of albums on hand. I also like to be able to play a game I wasn't planning on playing that day etc.

Like many here, I've got a 32 and I have to micromanage MB's at this point :/

Decide carefully!

4. Akhilpo

Akhilpo Well-Known Member

If you buy 8gb, you will regret within a week. Go for 32gb or if you are tight on budget wait untill you can afford a 32gb version.

5. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Personally, I think the extra $50 or so for 4x the capacity is a pretty good deal. I also have around 5 GB of music and I try to keep a max of 24 games on my iPod Touch 4G at one time, but lately the games have been rather large. I own a 32GB and I have around 14GB of free space left. I would really recommend the 32GB version if you could.

6. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Thank You

Anyone know if the you also get a $50 giftcard with the 32GB at Walmart on Black Friday, or is it just the 8GB?