iPad Quick draw or Touchgrind

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ricky, Nov 27, 2008.

1. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Hello everyone. After buying Snailmail (which I definitely do not regret), I found out that i have ten dollars for itunes lying on my desk. Do you guys recommend i get quick draw or touchgrind? If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
    Thanks!

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    hmmm, I just bought both, I guess if you have $10 get both, you'll still have a dollar to get a 5 piece at Wendys...:D

3. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth.

4. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Do you like them both? (I won't be getting anymore money until Christmas.)

5. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    good question
    i was lookin at em both and wondering which one i should get

6. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I'd probably start playing Snail Mail and wait a week to see if touchgrind's price drops or if a new game comes out...

7. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    touchgrind!

Get touchgrind ---the developers are askign for input so it will be getting updates soon ---I love this game .... It takes practice but after that you can pull of tricks pretty quick....sooooo much fun.

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    "If you ever had a finger skateboard when you were younger (and actually liked it) than u will love this game. I have been playing for an hour now and I like it so far. I know there will probably be a price drop but I think the dev deserves some credit. While it's pretty basic in terms of all the modes being same except they offer diff level setups, and one is timed. It is a really polished looking game and it = perfection in terms of what it is, a fingerboard simulator with some sweet ramps and grind rails. This will deff be my #1 "showoff" app next to iPint"
    -My quote from the touchgrind thread

Quick draw is good, but I guess there isn't enough words, because people will draw a line and other people will guess it? If I were you and didn't want to buy 2 games, and it were me... TOUCHGRIND ForTheWin!

9. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    How much replay value does TouchGrind have? That's what I'm worried about most. I'm afraid it's more of an entertainment app than a game. I only use entertainment apps once in a while, so this game might not be worth it to me.

10. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    @ istopmotion
    I was thinking the same thing. I think I will get quick draw for now, and after the inevitable price drop, I will get touchgrind.

11. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Both are great games!
    just depends what kind of game you want

12. uggg

get a real skateboard

posers

13. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    So people shouldn't play games if it's possible that they could potentially do it in real life? Interesting... that must be why video games aren't selling.

And FYI, I have no coordination. I can't even stand on a skateboard. This is about as good as it's going to get for me.

14. henr1kk

henr1kk Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Independent Game Designer and Developer
    Porto, Portugal
    Exactly... Don't play FPSs either, just go out and kill some people with your AK.

dumbass.

15. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Please refrain yourself from making such harsh and un-tasteful remarks. This is a family-friendly forum and we'd like to keep it that way. Sure, applesauce is an idiot and probably mentally challenged, but there's no need for such insulting behavior. Thank you.

-You're friendly neighborhood Everydaynormalguy

16. decon

decon Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Get Quick Draw, very fun!

17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    :D:D:D

*can't stop laughing*

18. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Same-o :D

19. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #19 istopmotion, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
    It says in the app store "Limited Time Introductory/Black Friday Price - Get it now!" Does that mean $5 is going to be lowest it goes? I guess I'm gonna buy it before it goes UP :p

I have a real skateboard, thank you. An Almost deck with Tensor trucks and Ricta wheels.

Anyway this game is for fun, not to compete in skate competitions so don't flip out that everyone here is a poser when they are just having fun playing a game. :p