Quetzalcoatl (by 1Button)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 1Button, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Well, our aim was actually to make something eye-catching ;) To show how the game works we have a video of pure gameplay and of course the app preview on the App Store

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Does it has GameCenter, really can't play a game without at least achievemenst.

3. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Yes, Game Center achievements and a leaderboard showing the number of puzzles you solved

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh, nice, I just started Bicolor again and liking it now more than I first did, looking forward to thursday.

5. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Glad you liked Bicolor!

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    About the game's difficulty

I have held the top spot in the pre-release leaderboard for a while now, but I have encountered some of the more difficult puzzles now. My current score is 129 of 180 puzzles solved.

Most of the puzzles in the first half of the game were quickly solved with an occasional one that I struggled with. Now I am finding enough that I am completely stymied on to where I can no longer progress (for those that have yet to play this, the first "world" set of of 15 puzzles in each difficulty level is completely unlocked with to start; but an entire world must be solved to progress to the next world of the the same difficulty). For instance, I can no longer progress on the "Hard" puzzles until I solve World 7 puzzle 12. I guess it is subjective, but many of the puzzles in the same world wildly vary in difficulty for me.

In summary, this game is mostly pretty easy but can be extremely difficult at times. I can't wait for the game's release and to see how far other folks here get with this.

7. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    #27 1Button, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    I hope you will reach the world 12, you will like it. It gets really hard there: most of the puzzles need more than an hour to be solved (each) :p

8. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Ok having played til mid world ; I can safely say this game is pure evil/genius. But can I just suggest somethings? An undo button would be cool instead of having to drag the snake back to a previous location. Second I kinda get that you can only unlock later levels by completing a previous one. But it gets a bit frustrating being stuck on a puzzle forever with no way to skip one. I see there's a hint button but didn't try to see if it gives the whole solution of the puzzle or just a few moves. Other than that I donno if it's just me/my fingers but it happened like 3 times max: dragging a snake was't responsive and had to retry a few times so I could move it.

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm stuck on the last puzzle on world 2, have been for a few days now, could some kind forum member or Jermie send me a screen shot of how it should look at the end? Tytytytytytyty.

10. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Lucky for you this one's solution can be explained with a single screenshot!

[​IMG]

11. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Ty ty.

I have everything crossed that the game does well on release. My brother is looking out for it appearing tomorrow.

12. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    nemerleb: If you are stuck on a level, you can play any of the other levels in that world, or move on to the first world of any of the higher difficulties. I am very pleased with how 1Button made the level unlocks work.

13. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I saw that worlds 7 and 10 are indeed unlocked (I made a typo in my post when I had to state I'm in mid world 4).
    I guess the logic behind that, was if someone can't figure out the majority of puzzles from world 1 of a given difficulty, then how could they work out the puzzles from later worlds. Which I now find fair and logical.
    You can disregard this point then ^^