Quetzalcoatl (by 1Button)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 1Button, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    #1 1Button, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    Hi everyone!

We will release next Thursday (November 20) a new puzzle game called Quetzalcoatl.

This unpronounceable name stands for the Feathered Serpent, the most important god in the Aztec mythology. Obviously, this game is all about snakes ^^.

Gameplay video:

The rules: each level is made up of a grid and one or several snakes with colored dots. The goal is to drag these snakes to make them match with the colors of the grid. Easy to learn!

But hard to master ;) The concept might be simple but we managed to create many different kinds of puzzles with clever solutions and traps. The difficulty curve is smooth, starting with easy puzzles and ending with hardcore mind-bogglers!

There are 180 handmade levels and hours of gameplay!

We hope you will enjoy it!

[​IMG]

Quetzalcoatl will be available for $1.99 (€1.79 / £1.49), only on the App Store.

If you want to have a try before the release, please send me a PM :)

2. iamcartez

iamcartez Well-Known Member

This looks like a nice puzzle game that I can get into... I see myself buying it next Thursday.

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    LOL, this is really funny, gonna play this next week.

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Will this be Universal? It looks interesting.

5. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Looks awesome, would love to try before release. PM sent

6. Pixelosis

Pixelosis Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Nice stylish spin on the drag-the-panel genre. However, the minimalist style is perhaps a bit too extreme, I think a bit is lost regarding the mythological source of inspiration.

7. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Yes, universal!

8. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    Great idea! On my playlist. Best of luck for today's release. :)

9. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I love minimal, fun puzzlers and Quetzalcoatl ticks all the boxes for me when it comes to the puzzle genre. I'm usually not the best at puzzle games, but the difficulty ramp and learning curve are spot on. I have only played through the first 9 levels of the first world, but I can tell I'm going to enjoy this immensely. 171 more levels to go...

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm so in for this one. You lot make great games!

11. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Ooh, looks like a good puzzler, would love to try this out!

12. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks so much for the promo code!

This is an excellent puzzle game with really outstanding presentation. The game play is a variant on the sliding block style puzzles. I have played through the first two worlds and the difficulty has been minimal with the exception of a handful of the world 2 levels which I struggled with for a bit. The are plenty more levels to go and I am enjoying this a lot.

13. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Thanks! Depending on your puzzle game skills it starts to be challenging in the 3rd or 4th world. But I guarantee you that the last worlds are very very hard!

14. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the code! I am really enjoying this one!

There are a total of 12 worlds, and I am in the second. The gameplay feels very good. The snakes move fluidly, but all in the minimal design characteristic of 1Button games. As already said, the difficulty is starting to increase, but the first 25 levels were a pretty quick play (15 levels per world). The levels are untimed, which makes this a very peaceful puzzle game. Overall, I have no negative feedback. Games like this, both from their gameplay and design aspect, are what I love about mobile gaming.

15. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have hit some really challenging levels now. At times, I have really I struggled to advance. It's funny, but if I put the game down for a while and come back to it, often I solve that level almost immediately.

Folks following this thread who didn't get a promo code should definitely buy this when it gets released. It has all the elements of a great puzzle game that you will keep playing.

16. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I knew without playing that I'd enjoy it. I have enjoyed everything 1button have put out and this is no exception. I fired the game up intending to play a few mins and over an hour later I'm still playing. It's relaxing and challenging and just when you think it's impossible you get that "aha" moment and leap to the next puzzle.

Thank you so very much for the PM, was a lovely suprise in what's been an utterly shit week.

17. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    #17 nemerleb, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    1Button has been generous enough to hand me a code for the game.

OK I know this studio from their addicting puzzle games (Bicolor and Seq) which I am still killing my brain cells over, and couldn't wait to fire up this one.
    The minimalism is kept from previous games and is elegant and easy to the eyes. The design really screams "mayan" and tribal to complement the app name. The puzzles are really well done With the promise of GC achievements, it's an easy recommendation for any puzzle lover or anyone looking to waste some time in a smart way.

EDIT: also if you're afraid it's light on puzzles, there seems to be 12 worlds with 15 levels each, so it will last you a while ;)

18. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Ha! I finally found a flaw, admittedly minor, in this wonderful puzzle game! Developer: please allow the display to auto-rotate to the alternate portrait position. It would make the game easier to play on my iPad when plugged into the charging cord.

19. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
  20. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    1Button: Eye catching, but the trailer totally fails at getting across the style of game play.