Universal Quetzalcoatl (by 1Button SARL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    We do that in all our puzzlers :)
    We think that discovering the solution of a hard puzzle is a better achievement than a meaningless number.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hey Saosijs welcome to the party of this wonderfull game, can't stop playing.

3. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    No joking, alright?! iOS gaming is serious business! :D

You could make it 23 for each achievement, as a statement. It also makes people go :confused:. Please please? :D
    At least in SEQ it was 10 meaningless points each achievement, totaling 140 :D

Ok, I think I used up my daily :D smiley quota now :D Ooops that was one over the limit ...

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #44 ROGER-NL, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    I am stuck on level 11-8, can't see it really.

Got it wow took me about 2 and a half hours man.

It's like 7-12 you need to move the orange and blue together otherwise it's impossible.

5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Had to let the game go, level 12-10 was to open structured for me, was so close, I played 5 hours a day the last 5 days and it was great fun, but now it's time for something else.

I can recommend the game to anybody, it's one of the best puzzlers on the App Store.

6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Bought the unlock key to pass level 12-10 but playing further feels like cheating and I don't want helmet gate to start all over so second place is still open guys.

7. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Helmet gate! Those were trip(trap)ping times! :D

For the uninitiated: the game offered helmets as IAP which allowed you to break through barriers and finish a level faster, thus scoring higher. You literally could buy your way up the leaderboards. You got a few helmets to start with, but could not earn them otherwise. It is fair to say that the dev corrected this in an update by penalizing the use of helmets such that the leaderboards became fair again
    :)

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Nice work, Roger.

I now have only two levels to go: 12-6 and 12-15. I feel like 12-6 should be easy but can't get my head around it, and I was so close on 12-15 (all perfect except 1 piece backwards) then got mixed up trying to fix it and gave up. I'll get there!

9. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Nice ;)

A little help for the 12-6, don't try to flip the long snake vertically, but horizontally instead!

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Whew. Made it. That hint for 12-6 did not really help, but I worked it out for myself eventually.

Attached Files:

11. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Congratulations!!

I don't know if you noticed, but we (the 3 developers of Quetzalcoatl) are among the top ranking players too ^^.

We will definitely add new levels in a few weeks (probably 3 worlds)!

12. mQuark

mQuark Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sweden
    Good Job!

Great job mr_bez, found this game the other day, seems like a definite buy. Only thing holding me back is that I can decide between Quetzacoatl or the whole bundle.

What do you guys think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michael (Developer - Space Forest Dilemma)

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Every game in the bundle is great. There's "Complete My Bundle" though, so if in doubt, why not buy this, then buy the rest once you've seen how good it is?

Great to hear about new level packs. The low file size (10MB) means I don't mind keeping it on my device and waiting, too.

14. mQuark

mQuark Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sweden
    Thanks for the advice, today is a good day to buy stuff as well. Apple is giving parts of every purchase made today to AIDS research.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michael (Developer - Space Forest Dilemma)

15. BenZh

BenZh New Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I certainly am no quitter, but 10-15 is leaving me stumped. 7-12 was a piece of cake compared to that level. Does anyone have any hints?

16. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Here is the solution for the 10-15:

[​IMG]

17. BenZh

BenZh New Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Thanks a bunch. I figured it had to look like that, but actually seeing the final position helped me find the path!

18. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    #58 1Button, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I played this before it was released and I loved it! The sale price and my encouragement was enough to get my somewhat thrifty brother to buy it and now he is loving it too! "Q" is one of my very favorite sliding block games.

20. GameDevWannabe

GameDevWannabe New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Awesome (and good memories!)

Very cool game!
    After I played the first level, I immediately remembered a java version I played like a million years back, but the polishing in this game make it much more enjoyable.

If, like me, you have already completed all the levels, you can get your daily fix of snaky puzzles at the links below. Some of them have a little different rules, but I think you may find them interesting if you like this one.

http://clickmazes.com/wrigc/ixwrigc.htm
    http://clickmazes.com/wriggle/ixwriggle.htm
    http://clickmazes.com/tjwrig/ixjwrig.htm
    http://www.hacker.org/tapeworm
    http://clickmazes.com/indexw.htm
    https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326088352&mt=8
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twisted-snake/id840047572?mt=8

LOL
    [​IMG]