QuestLord

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LavaLevel, Jul 6, 2012.

1. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Holy crap it's been submitted already! :D yay

2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Super pumped can't wait I've been wanting to make a game like this ever since undercroft.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Will QuestLord just release on approval or will it be held for a specific day/date? I know some iOS developers prefer to release games on Thursdays.

4. gosenbach

gosenbach Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer (mechanical/electrical/software)
    I asked Eric this on facebook. He indicated that it would be available on approval. If he is still able to, I would think if he set a hard date to a Wednesday night/Thursday he could probably get a mention in the "Coming Tonight" post. It might help exposure.

Either way, I am ready to start pounding the "game of the week button" :)

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It could come tonight?

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Idk, but I really hope so! :D

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #87 undeadcow, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    Here's the app description from Google Play that reveals a small bit more about QuestLord:

/quote
    It's only been 2 days since the Facebook announcement that QuestLord was submitted. I agree, the sooner the better but Apple and their accursed approval process will not be that quick.

Android users, however, are already feasting on this gem (see how I mixed that metaphor in a nonsensical way). Those Andriod users gave questlord a 4.9 out of 5 (10 perfect user ratings and 1 four star). Here are some of their impressions:

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How much will it be and what's the length?

9. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #89 undeadcow, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    QuestLord will be $1.99.

It's hard for me to gauge length. From Google Play descriptions QuestLord has "18 different quests" and "...vast worlds and over 160 maps." Length is decent, QuestLord doesn't track play time so I can't say how long I've pumped into it... it is easily over 10 hours (and that's probably an under estimate).

10. gosenbach

Apr 15, 2010
    Permadeath rougelike mode in a random doungeon.... I would buy it just for that one feature!!

11. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That Facebook page actually says Amazon store, not App Store... was that always the case?

12. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Can the dev give us some insight..?

13. gosenbach

Apr 15, 2010
    I was under the impression he released it to all the stores at the same time. Amazon, google, and apple....

I hope he released it to the app store....

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    There is no doubt QuestLord will be coming to iOS. The Facebook page shows an App Store logo and I've played it on my iPod. It's just a matter of when; I am sure it was submitted to Apple; I just surprised to see that announcement says Amazon.

QuestLord will be here, and it will be awesome (is awesome, I can confirm).

15. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #95 LavaLevel, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    ....sorrrrrrrrry guys.....

[​IMG]

eeeeeeyyeah.. about that. lol. Actually Apple was first.

As far as Apple Store it is currently WAITING FOR REVIEW. And it was the first store to be submitted to last Friday. So if I get bounced for any reason it will be public & embarrassing but, I'll put on my big boy pants and come here & tell you guys exactly whats going on. And the other markets, well... lets just keep that on the low since this is the iPhone/iPod specific forum. But here is the 'explanation'. The other markets have turned into lets say, an accidental soft-launch that kind of got way out of my control. Please note, there is no formal mention of it by me for a reason. After I realized it went out, I wanted to see what kind of life it has on its own.
    (OMG SO EXCITED)
    Fully evangelizing those markets will come after iOS release out of respect to all of you guys who have been so amazingly patient with me. This is the market I targeted from the beginning and the one that has showed me 110% support.

Some things for me to keep in mind in the future... Always set launch dates for iOS on day of release so I can maximize my 5 days on the 'iOS New Arrival' list...(since I am a relative unknown) ...Check. Got that. However also, set launch dates on other markets a few days after current Average iOS wait times as to not let this happen again. Faxing a letter to corporate about this... ok, it's coming through. Won't happen again. :D

Umm.. I can't thank you guys enough for your kind words and enthusiasm. This has been an AMAZING experience and an incredible undertaking for me to take on for over the last year. I truly gave it everything I had, all 25 years of experience thrown at this with all my heart. I believe that it has something for everyone and I plan to continue to improve the QuickGame aspect as time goes on to have new monsters, environs. Sort of have it be something I can always come back to and satisfy my Rogue-like dev urges. I think this will even further increase the value for the customer.

Now. Going forward. I would really like to have time to make an awesome video. Don't know if that's going to happen in time. (the laments of a 1 man show) Plus I think I knocked it out of the park with the first one. I would rather use the time to get the update ready for a few grammar issues I have spotted in some of the npc's speech.

However I would love to have the Appstore Screenshots in my release post for the other section when we make it to the other side. I've seen people do that pretty slick, with a slide show and all. Anyone know how to do that? Should I be in the dev section asking this?

Again... I have no idea what I am doing.

Onward!!!!

16. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #96 undeadcow, Feb 7, 2013
    Thanks for the update. If QuestLord was submitted last Friday then maybe QuestLord will make it out this week afterall!

Hopefully QuestLord is doing well in those other markets; so far the public feedback looks very positive/enthusiastic.
    Good news that you are already working on future updates; I'll be curious to see what is in store there. Discovering new monsters and enviornments was a blast in the beta.
    Touch Arcade will port over App Store information if you use the tag below, removing periods. If you see a post you like then clicking quote will reveal their format.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #97 Vovin, Feb 7, 2013
    Craving.... craving...

Damn. That game is like a beautiful woman. A pixelated woman, but still a woman, with a heavenly attraction. And I want to embrace it now. Enjoy the wilderness, admire the view of the hills and valleys and roam through the dark and moist dungeons.

18. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Sorry to ask again, but is it Universal?

Oh and can't wait :)

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm not sure of the specs for QuestLord but we do know that it will be cross platform for iOS, Android, and Amazon/Kindle. At a minimum the Kindle has a larger screen so I expect it would be suitable for small and large screen. Logically it seems like QuestLord would be universal.

20. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    True. I tend to avoid deep games like this on my phone due to the battery being needed for other things but the iPad Mini is ideal for portrait gaming.