QuestLord

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LavaLevel, Jul 6, 2012.

1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm REALLY happy to see another retro RPG on it's way to the app store! Your game brings back a TON of awesome memories, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. :D

2. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    So it sounds like this turn based is rather a conveinience feature than what I am used to when I read 'turn based' like in Wizardry.

So I assume the whole game is round based? Like you move or make an attack and then the whole world moves one step ahead?

3. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #23 LavaLevel, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    Issac:

Np! And thanks! The game is a lone hero, thats what I meant by single player party, you frame it much easier with lone hero! Since my fight mechanism is swiping it just works out so much better that way. So just like Ultima I, II, Questron and Alternate Reality, you focus on 1 player with the ability to cast spells and fight with swords much like Gandalf can. I didn't want to limit the lone hero to one class. But if you wear your shield, you aren't free to cast from the spellbook and vice versa. This way you can focus on fighter/caster fighter/tank at certain areas of the game that you choose.

LazyGamer:

Yes, the player moves, all the NPCs make their move and there is no waiting for their move unless they attack from left, right, behind in which case your directional pad glows from whence the action came, or if they are in front of you where you watch their animation and your directional forward glows.

Then the player can make his move without consequence of a timer triggering an end of turn. Turns for NPCs otherwise are practically instant, allowing the player to freely roam the area without constant DM delay, unless of course your directional pad starts to light up in directions and you find yourself bogged down by foes and should be planning a way to destroy or flee them.

Edit: oh and if you go to Inventory, Map, Atlas or QuestLog it costs you your turn.

4. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    It is OK and strange at the same time ;)

OK because the gameplay will not be interrupted by endless scrolling combat stats.

Strange because I don't see any reason for turn-based here...but anyway, looks like I will check this out.

5. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Awesome! I wish more people would investigate games thoroughly! I promise if you like old school CRPGs the cost of this product will be well worth it. No guarantees I will be satisfying everyone. But for the price I am convinced it will be good entertainment. Also I do not plan on doing ANY type of IAP for gameplay items, mechanics or functionality. Just a very small, yet undecided upon, upfront ownership Fee.

Also to anyone else, The forum is now working, Beta phase 1 is closed testing begins shortly.

ONWARD!!
    ;)

6. BMOC

BMOC New Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Don't suppose you'd be prepared to throw an estimate out there for a release window?

Really excited for this one, can't come quick enough!

7. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Do want! Do want do want!

8. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    looks great! Good video, seems like it will be a big hit :0

9. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Thanks so much for the anticipation!

I am shooting for the end of Summer 2012 so we are on our way soon.

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #30 undeadcow, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  11. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Excited to get the beta/build today!

12. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    enjoy!! :-d

13. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Tomorrow for me. I have been added to the team, getting the email for the build tomorrow hopefully.

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looking forward to the beta build, I feel like QuestLord is he imaginary game I've been playing in my head for the past 5 years.

15. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I havent gotten any testflight emails, what does it look like?

16. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    answers are on the forum (the private non spammed part)
    I can't wait either!

17. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    An email invites you to the team, and an email with a download link. I'd speak to Eric, he has more knowledge than me!

18. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I don't think I can say much about the beta in public so I will limit this to one word: Awesome...

19. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    arghh seems like i missed the sign-ups :(

20. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Hey ho! has anyone heard anything about this lately? I was/am really looking forward to it. Thank you! :)