Universal QuestLord (by Lava Level)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LavaLevel, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Weird. Price is in limbo now. Had the game on my Wish List, got notice it dropped to $0.99 and went to buy and now its $1.99 and being modified. Wonder which way it is going to go!?

Anyone that had a problem with blurry pixels initially find the 1.3 patch fixed that up?

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I never had a problem with blurry pictures but recall the developer seemed to patch that up; he had some long winded technical explaination for how he blur got fixed but I drowned him out by singing "mario brothers" in my head.

3. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    lol! :d

4. gsanta

gsanta New Member

May 15, 2014
    Quest Issue

Can anyone tell me where I can look to complete the quest Varzoth's Evil Tower? It's the only one I see that I haven't completed, but I can't figure out where to go for it?

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's been a while so I'm drawing a blank, if you can describe the quest and where you are in the game I'd probably remember better. Use [spoiler.] [/spoiler.] wraparound (remove periods).

6. gsanta

gsanta New Member

May 15, 2014
    Quest Issue

I have solved the Orb quest, have placed the two skulls, and am in the Abyss near the end. This quest is towards the top of the list, but I have never been able to find the right place to go.
    I am attaching screenshots of the quest descriptions.

Attached Files:

7. gsanta

gsanta New Member

May 15, 2014
    Can anyone offer assistance?

8. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #428 LavaLevel, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Hi gSanta! Sorry about the late reply, Currently I am knee deep in QL2!

Thanks for the support!
    Oh.. If you want the exact map to how to get to Telifin or Lord Dramthorn... Our public wiki is here.

This is Telifin... (You need to go to Zeke there if you want to turn in this quest)
    http://questlord.wikia.com/wiki/Telifin_Grove

And This is the Abyss (It sounds like you need to go to the Iron Door and then just head North. You sound really close to the end!)
    http://questlord.wikia.com/wiki/THE_ABYSS?file=The_Abyss.jpg

cheers!

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    QL2?!? Best news I've heard all day!

10. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Woot! Very excited!

11. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    WOW! That's awesome news! I know I wasn't great about sending feedback last time, but if you need any beta/alpha(?) testers, I'd love to help! Though I haven't actually beat the first game :(

12. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Thanks guys!

QL2 is going to be released a little differently than QuestLord. I plan to do the big announcement post *when* it's ready for test vs. 5 months too early. I learned a lot from all of you on the first go and I think it will show if apply those suggestions and comments.

For QuestLord 2 I will take on a few of you for test from the old days of course.

But I am planning on doing a humble indiegogo for most of the testers and give away the awesome posters of the promotional art and other swag (which I am so glad I invested in when QuestLord first hit!). This will help pay for more than just English/Japanese versions. I would like a German/Spanish one as well.

I am also considering a slightly higher price now that other devs are also standing up for their work. We'll see... but for now, back to work! And thank you all so much for your support! Really is a big boost for me right now!

ONWARD!!! :D

QuestLord wiki: http://questlord.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity

13. SwiftHawk

SwiftHawk New Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Hints?

This is a really great game and I have played it about 4 times now and found almost everything in it. I just wanted to ask if someone has a little hint for the
    Rabbit that is said to be a secret in the game.
    And I only want a really small hint if possible, please

14. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Didn't know for this sweet gem until this holiday sale ! Just grab it ! It's a steal for all it affords !

15. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Wow, what a terrific game. One of the best experiences I've had on iOS. Those Bah-Loms at the end, though... yikes. And I never did manage to find the spellbook.

The ONLY thing I'd change (okay, aside from the icon): to allow the player to continue in their file, somehow, after beating the game. I'm wealthy and have awesome armor: I just wanna have fun wandering around this incredibly rich and immersive world. And I think there are a few quests besides that I didn't flag or finish.

QL2 is now the game I'm most anticipating. It's really difficult to believe that Lava Level is a one-person studio. I only hope QL2 has some sort of Lite version or is free with full game unlock so that many more people will try it out. It took last week's RPG Reload for me yo give this game a chance, after years of being intimidated by it.

16. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    I was just looking for an easy to control phone game, and noticed this was on sale. Great game!

I'm just starting out tho, so i was wondering... if you're running low on health, should you just let yourself be killed so you get some hp back? Or are there better ways to restore hp/mp? Gold is low (at least for now) so buying isnt really an option.

17. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #437 LavaLevel, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    So sorry took so long to get back to all of you here. Hard at work on QuestLord 2 !!!
    rraaaaargh!

Denappa: Many of the play mechanics in QuestLord are item driven. So time heals happen in QuestLord when you acquire Life Giver rings. For the human, the first regen health ring is found in the Bandit Forest. For the Elf and Dwarf it will be in the much harder version of the Human starter dungeon with the Necromancer. (first floor)

korossyl: You won the game without the spellbook? Awesome!!! Yeah, Bah-Lorns are brutal and the end
    is rather easy to beat the bad guy and that is further explained in number 2
    I agree about continuing with files. And it would be really cool to play QuestLord QuickGame (the super simple rogue like) WITH your finished character. Unfortunately the character is going to be locked in QL1 for the time being. Maybe if I get back to remastering QL1 which I want to do as soon as I am done with QL2?

However QL2 starts with a higher basic starting level so it will still have that continuance feel. So so so excited. Strafing is so awesome. It's still super fast loading, fast moving, 2D Dungeon-master style but with more depth pieces and much advanced pixel work (and I think you will like the icon. :D ) We are releasing bits and pieces here and there and will have the 'Upcoming Games' thread here this summer!

There are a lot of brand new ideas and things I always wanted to bring to the dungeon crawler RPG genre and it will be fun showing those off!

Jet Jet: Thanks! Glad you could get on the Christmas sale. I am just about to wind down the summer sale. Probably won't be another time for a while to get it, so I'm glad you got in on that!

SwiftHawk:
    With what they eat?

Thanks for all your support!
    Onward to QuestLord 2!!!

18. digitalphil

digitalphil Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Hello everyone,
    I've been playing questlord for a few days now... and I"m finally at the end.
    I'm just about to get into the Abyss when 2 giant Bah-Lorn are standing in my way.
    I can just about take one out... when the other sends me back to the valkrie statue.
    Any help would be appreciated.. I have an idea I want to try.. but I could use
    some pointers.
    I like this game a lot...
    Thanks for any help!

19. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    I don't know why I deleted this game after I beat it, but I started up a mew game now and... oh man, SO good. I love the different starting locations for the races, which really enhances replayability. I love the art more than anything, which adds so much to the exploration aspect of the game. It's a dungeon crawler... which mostly takes place outside of dungeons. SO GOOD.

I was thinking... although the game is fairly "generous" so that this should not become an issue, it is quite possible to enter into an unwinnable position, is it not? Ultimately, there are limited enemies in the game, which means limited experience and gold. Experience can be lost through death, and gold wasted on items... so you could, at the end, just not be where you ought to be, and have no way of catching up. Am I wrong?

Anyhow, thanks for the reply Mr. Kinkead. Is there any word on QL2? I am waiting with bated breath. Even if not -- once again, thanks for this amazing experience.

20. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    Mr. Kinkead, we want news!