Question about playing The Quest

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dragan, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I really would appreciate an overview of The Quest titles for the iPad and more important the order in which they should be played to get the most out of them, thanks in advance.

2. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    The Quest is the main app, the others are extensions and can be played in any order, either as stand-alone games or integrated into the main Quest app. They are one of the best series of RPG games on the istore. I have all the Quest Classic plus extensions, along with the updated The Quest. Not sure if it's still call HD or not. Best buy I ever made as far as games go. Very replayable and challenging.

3. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Thanks but in the description of the extensions there is always some info about what level it is best to start with the particular extension. Besides that, after playing the main The Quest I feel that the extensional stories are more or less ment to be played in a certain order so more help in that regard would still be very welcome.

4. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Well, a mail to Elendil from Redshift did the trick:

‘I recommend playing through the main game then Islands of Ice and Fire. They are meant to be played that way.

The other expansions are meant to be played from different starting points. I think Zarista even reshuffled some of them from how they were originally. (The level requirement/suggestion is noted in all expansion descriptions, though. [​IMG])

In any case, these expansions:
    - Thor's Hammer (new character)
    - Hero of Lukomorye (level 23 recommended, a character which completed Islands of Ice and Fire is the best)
    - Celtic Rift (level 15 recommended, start with a character which completed the main game)
    - Hero of Lukomorye 2 (level 29 recommended, best continued from HOL)
    - Macha's Curse (level 40 recommended, continue with a character from HOL2)
    - Celtic Queen (level 45 recommended, continue with a character from Macha's Curse)

All expansions are supposed to be played separately, one after the other.

You can "cheat" a little and go to higher level expansions to get some higher level equipment but you might have trouble in some expansions where you start off with a fight and getting back without completing large parts of them might need Recall. It's just for extra fun.’